Question and Answer with Brandon Sing

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Question and Answer with Brandon Sing

Postby NCCubFan » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:05 am

Brandon Sing, Infielder for the 2005 Southern League First Half Champion West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx, has graciously agreed to answer questions from posters on NSBB! If you would like to send a comment to Brandon, or if you would like to ask Brandon a question, feel free to post it here. I will allow the questions/comments to be posted until August 5th at midnight. Once Brandon has had an opportunity to answer them, the responses will be posted.

From the Jaxx website:
Quote:
Acquired:
Selected in 20th round of 1999 draft

Bio:
2004: Selected as the Florida State League MVP… Led the league with 32 homers and 94 homers and 94 RBI and 86 runs scored … Selected as a Florida State League Midseason and Postseason all-star

1999: Was an Illinois first-team all-state selection

This session will be coordinated as in accordance with The NSBB Q & A Guidelines

Thank you to Brandon for taking the time to interact with us on such an up close and personal level! I encourage everyone to visit the official website of the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx. In addition, thank you to all of you for making NSBB such a wonderful community!

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:23 am

Brandon, thanks for spending some time with us.

Fun fact, for the past 3 years, I always thought that you were asian for some reason. It wasn't until I played with the Jaxx on MVP Baseball this year that I realized that you might not actually be asian. Do you ever play XBox? And if you do, do you create yourself (like I do) and make your ratings like all 99's?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:07 am

Thanks for fielding our questions, Mr. Sing. It's a pleasure.

First off, I want to commend you for an amazing season. Don't want to jinx it, but here's to a 2nd consecutive HR and MVP title!

And speaking of which, a recent top 150 prospect list came out and your name was nowhere to be found. Despite putting up numbers very comparable to top 10 prospects (Delmon Young and Jeremy Hermida), are you disappointed that you aren't getting as much press for having another great year?

Also, how's the OF defense coming, are you comfortable in RF? Does the presence of Derrek Lee at 1B for the Cubs put more pressure on you to be able to play RF well?

Lastly, as a local boy, what would it be like to run out on the field in the Chicago Cubs uniform?

chicubs
All-Star

Postby chicubs » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:15 am

1) Where did you come from? :D What did you fix in your approach/swing that allowed you to become so successful?

2) What do you believe your position will be in the majors?
FIRE DUSTY!

If you want Corey to sign your baseball, just hold it eye level. He can't pass it up. - Elrhino

Jon
Hall of Fame

Postby Jon » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:24 am

Mr. Sing-

As someone who hits for power, walks a lot, and strikes out a lot, what goes through your mind right before a 3-2 pitch? Do you "protect the plate" more in that situation or do you tend to take close pitches?

Also, is there one person in the Cubs organization that you feel has helped you the most, either with your swing or just general development?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:43 am

Hi Brandon! You were with Daytona all of last season and it looks like your probably going to stay in West Tenn for the rest of the season. Does it make it easier for yourself to stay in one level for a whole season and get used to the pitchers on that level instead of moving up or down throughout a period of the season? Also, do you think you will be one of the September callups and what would you bring to the big league club?

Thanks and it's been a pleasure listening to you on a great season so far!

burnt out cubbie fan
5-Time All-Star

Postby burnt out cubbie fan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:05 am

Thanks for answering our questions Mr. Sing. There were many on this site that were surprised and outraged that you did not make the Southern League all-star team. I along with others here noticed that after you got snubbed, you put up a couple of pretty nice lines in a row. First of all, how did you take not being on that team with the rest of the guys that made it? Secondly, was that snub something that you used as motivation during those games?

Congratulations on your great year so far and the first half championships. I can guarantee that you have gained a bunch of fans on this site over the last two years that want to see you hitting those homers at Wrigley in the future.
*insert witty comment here*

CubinNY
Superstar

Postby CubinNY » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:31 am

Brandon,

What do you think about a bunch of Cub fanatics fron an internet site asking you a bunch of questions? Do you enjoy noteriety that comes with being a professional baseball player? Is there ever a time when it is a pain?

As always, thanks for answering our questions.

CubinNY

PS> Congratulations on another good season.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:53 pm

How much did having mono take out of you a couple years ago? How much weight, strength, etc did you lose? How soon was it until you were fully recovered and in baseball shape.

don_kessinger_was_good
All-Star

Postby don_kessinger_was_good » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:19 am

Keep up the good work Brandon, you're having another outstanding season. The big leagues aren't far away now.

My question is, do you now, or did you when younger, ever pattern your swing and hitting approach after a big leaguer? I ask not only because many young players do this, but the one time I saw you play, the first thing that crossed my mind was "Mike Sweeney."

And of course the obvious question being a Joliet boy...Cubs or Sox??

Best of luck.........
------------------------------------------
**EASE OUR PAIN, 100 YEARS AND COUNTING--AN ENTIRE CENTURY OF FUTILITY**

RyCubsFan
All-Star

Postby RyCubsFan » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi Brandon! We're all completely behind you here at NSBB....

Questions about pitch selection: What is your favorite pitch and pitch location to hit? What pitch/location gives you the most problems?

Who were your baseball heros growing up?

Thanks! And can't wait to see you in Wrigley.
"They can feel however they want about how I pitch but it's not going to help them, because I'm going to go out there and I'm going to dominate either way." -- Sean Gallagher

Laura
Superstar

Postby Laura » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:25 pm

Hi Brandon, welcome to NSBB!

Congrats on having another great season, and congrats to the Diamond Jaxx on the first-half championship!

1) What are you proudest of having accomplished as a pro so far?
2) What are your goals for this season?
3) What's your favorite baseball movie?

Thanks -- and best wishes for the remainder of the season.
I'm only here for the Dongs.

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:37 pm

Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time with us. What player or players were your favorite as a child? Do you try to emulate any of these with your play?

Return to “Chat Schedule/Questions for Guests”