Q & A with Jake Fox - Submit Questions Here!

Laura
Superstar

Q & A with Jake Fox - Submit Questions Here!

Postby Laura » Thu May 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Jake Fox, 2007 Tennessee Smokies (AA) LF/1B/C, has graciously agreed to answer questions from posters on NSBB. If you would like to ask him a question, please post it here. The deadline for submitting questions is 10 PM Sunday, May 27 -- so get your questions in quickly! Once Jake has had an opportunity to answer them, the responses will be posted in the Chats Forum.

Jake Fox was a Cubs' 3rd round draft pick from the University of Michigan in 2003. After hitting .462/.533/1.077/1.610 with the Cubs in Spring Training this year, Jake has been tearing up the Southern League and is currently hitting .360/.385/.616/1.001. He leads eligible Southern League batters in slugging and OPS. He was recently named the Southern League Hitter of the Week:

Jake was kind enough to do a Q&A session with NSBB posters in July 2006. (regular link) That session can be found in the Chat Events forum.

This session will be coordinated as in accordance with The NSBB Q & A Guidelines.

Thank you to Jake for taking the time to interact with us on a personal level. In addition, thank you to Chris, who will be completing this session while the Smokies are in Jackson, TN to take on the Diamond Jaxx. As always, thanks to all of you for making NSBB such a wonderful community!
I'm only here for the Dongs.

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:14 pm

Jake,

It was great meeting you last week in Mississippi. Congtats on SL hitter of the week. How has your approach changed since the Cubs began to have you learn different positions? Is your preparation different than it was when you were primarily a catcher?

Good luck on the remainder of the season.

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm

You've been playing a lot of outfield as well as catching this year. Have the Cubs given you much feel for where they see you playing long-term?

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Thu May 24, 2007 11:17 pm

Jake,

Since you have played several different positions this year, what has been your favorite position and what would you determine would be your best position? Were you one of those players in lower levels of baseball (high school, junior high, etc.) that played at multiple positions or were you just solely a catcher? Your offense has also been real solid at Tennessee this year. There's been many reports that say that you have a Major League bat already. What adjustments do you make to stay on top of Southern League pitching?

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season. It's only a matter of time before you're going to be in Iowa and eventually, Chicago :D

TarzanJoeWallis
Role Player

Postby TarzanJoeWallis » Fri May 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Jake,

Our mutual friends, Paul and Gail Wilson, had you autograph a couple of baseballs for my sons last year. I just wanted to say thanks and good luck!

Laura
Superstar

Postby Laura » Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 am

Hi, Jake!

Thanks for taking our questions, and thanks for autographing the bat for a friend of mine while I was in Tennessee. There were media reports about how you met with Lou Piniella during Spring Training to discuss your future with the Cubs. Could you share a little bit about that conversation and how you approached it?

Thanks -- and congrats on your continued success!
I'm only here for the Dongs.

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Re: Q & A with Jake Fox - Submit Questions Here!

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Jake, how did it feel to get traded?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Re: Q & A with Jake Fox - Submit Questions Here!

Postby NCCubFan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm thinking this thread is past its prime.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

Return to “Chat Schedule/Questions for Guests”