Q & A with Sean Gallagher - Submit Questions Here!

Laura
Superstar

Q & A with Sean Gallagher - Submit Questions Here!

Postby Laura » Thu May 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Sean Gallagher, 2007 Tennessee Smokies (AA) starting pitcher, has graciously agreed to answer questions from posters on NSBB. If you would like to ask him a question, please post it here. The deadline for submitting questions is 10 PM Sunday, May 27 -- so get your questions in quickly! Once Sean has had an opportunity to answer them, the responses will be posted in the Chats Forum.

Sean was a Cubs' 2004 12th round draft pick out of St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Florida. He was named the 2005 Cubs minor league pitcher of the year and the 2006 NSBB Minor Leaguer of the year. He's currently tied with teammate Mark Holliman for the most SL wins with 6. Sean is the youngest player on the Smokies.

This session will be coordinated as in accordance with The NSBB Q & A Guidelines.

Sean has done chats and Q & As with NSBB in the past, all of which can be found in the Chat Events forum. Many thanks to Sean for continuing to take the time to answer our questions! In addition, thank you to Chris, who will be completing this session while the Smokies are in Jackson, TN to take on the Diamond Jaxx. As always, thanks to all of you for making NSBB such a wonderful community!
I'm only here for the Dongs.

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 pm

Sean,

Thanks again for everything! Also, I want to congratulate you on the win the other night. Even without your best stuff, you fought through it. I think that attitude will bode well for you in the future.

When I was watching you pitch on Monday night, I noticed your change and curve were in the seventies and your fastball worked 91-94. Occasionaly, you threw a pitch that was in 87-89 range. Was that a variation on your fastball or another pitch I was unable to identify?

Also, did you say anything to Fuld after he made that catch for the third out in the fifth?

Have a great remainder of the season, and hopefully the next time I see you it will be in Cubs pinstripes.

baseball7897
All-Star

Postby baseball7897 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Sean,

Whether it's getting ready to pitch for your game or doing your off-season conditioning or ever studying, for that matter, having a regular routine is critical for being successful in any one of those tasks. A good routine usually means good results. My question to you is what is your routine that you stick to in order to get ready for you next start?

Also, what kind of exercises do you do in the off-season?

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Thu May 24, 2007 11:05 pm

Sean,

Since being promoted to Double A last year, have you tried to work more and more on your breaking pitches? In your mind, what is your "go-to pitch?" Also, how does it feel to be in a rotation with guys like Veal and Holliman ? Where would this current rotation rank on rotations that you have been a part of?

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season. I enjoy listening and watching the box scores whenever you pitch. I can't wait until you are on the big league team.

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Mon May 28, 2007 1:58 am

Sean,

You spent about half of last season in AA with West Tenn, and now you're with Tennessee. Have you noticed any difference between the two in terms of fan support, ballpark, etc.? If so, which one do you like better?

Alfonso Soriano
All-Star

Postby Alfonso Soriano » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:11 am

What were your first thoughts when you got the news you were headed to the Big Leagues?

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:50 am

Alfonso Soriano wrote:What were your first thoughts when you got the news you were headed to the Big Leagues?
The interview has already taken place (last week, when the Smokies were playing at West Tenn). Chris just hasn't had the time to get the responses posted yet.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:17 am

what's it like in the major leagues?

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:38 pm

As mentioned above, the interview has already taken place. Considering the timing, I'll try to get the session posted ASAP. Hopefully we'll be able to have an additional session with Sean later in the season. Thanks to everyone for their participation!

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:59 pm

Chris wrote:As mentioned above, the interview has already taken place. Considering the timing, I'll try to get the session posted ASAP. Hopefully we'll be able to have an additional session with Sean later in the season. Thanks to everyone for their participation!

I've seen that you've been on a little bit lately. Just wondering when you can get a chance to post these Q&A's. Thanks :)

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Greetings and sorry for the delay. My schedule and life got a lot more chaotic than I expected it to become. I've had some volunteers to help type them out and they will hopefully get posted real soon. Again, many apologies for not getting them posted sooner.

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Chris wrote:Greetings and sorry for the delay. My schedule and life got a lot more chaotic than I expected it to become. I've had some volunteers to help type them out and they will hopefully get posted real soon. Again, many apologies for not getting them posted sooner.

No problem at all.

Return to “Chat Schedule/Questions for Guests”