Question and Answer with Ribbee!

Chris
Superstar

Question and Answer with Ribbee!

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:59 pm

Ribbee, Director of Fun and Entertainment for the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx, has graciously agreed to answer questions from posters on NSBB! If you would like to send a comment to Ribbee, or if you would like to ask Ribbee a question, feel free to post it here. I will allow the questions/comments to be posted until July 29th at noon. Once Ribbee has had an opportunity to answer them, the responses will be posted.

From the Jaxx website:
Ribbee migrated to Jackson with his parents last year, and he looked all over for the perfect job. It was hard at first, because no one wanted to hire a bear that would just hibernate all winter. Ribbee was very discouraged, until he discovered Pringles Park. As he was walking by, he smelled something delicious—hotdogs, popcorn, all sorts of wonderful things. “Aha,” he thought, “a baseball team. A summer gig is just what I’m looking for!” And so began the fun summers at Pringles Park with Ribbee and the Diamond Jaxx.

This session will be coordinated as in accordance with The NSBB Q & A Guidelines

Please remember that Ribbee cannot talk. With that being said, Ribbee will have to write the responses. Please take that into consideration when posting your questions and/or comments.

Thank you to Ribbee for taking the time to interact with us on such an up close and personal level! A special thank you also goes out to the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx! I encourage everyone to visit the official website of the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx. In addition, thank you to all of you for making NSBB such a wonderful community!

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:01 am

Dear Ribbee,

What was the interview process like to get the job you currently hold? What are you paid in? How did you learn to write in English? Have you ever attempted sign languages? How about a complicated system of grunts/roars?

Thanks!

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:24 am

Ribbee,

I remember hearing a talk the Phillie Phanatic... he said during day games he sweats off almost 10 lbs, especially when the weather is really hot. I remember he told us what his diet was, and he ate so much! I think something like a 6000-8000 calorie diet maybe. Do you have a big eating regimen to survive the hot Tennessee summers? And how hot does it get - you know, what with all your fur and everything. :D

Outshined_One
Blam.

Postby Outshined_One » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:30 am

Ribbee,

What kind of bear are you?

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:34 am

Ribbie,

Have you ever wanted a sidekick, like Yogi has Boo Boo? And do all bears like picnic baskets, or is that just a Yogi thing?

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:42 am

I'm going to go ahead and post the guidelines...

We at NSBB are pleased to have opportunities to ask questions of players and people with first-hand experience with minor league baseball. We appreciate the time and effort they take to answer our questions, and we expect that our members will also put time and effort into the questions they submit for answers.

If we would like to have more Q & As in the future, we must put our best faces forward.

In general, please remember

-- to be polite and avoid grinding axes or making sarcastic remarks, especially about issues with which the interviewee has no direct involvement

-- to read through the questions before submitting a new one to avoid repeating the same question

-- that not every question may be answered, and sometimes the answer may be "I don't know." Sometimes people will make the extra effort to track down the answer, but that takes time.

-- that questions may be edited to correct typos and other errors.

-- that questions that don't meet these standards won't be submitted or may be edited.

ctcf
Hall of Fame

Postby ctcf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:59 am

Where did you get the name Ribee?

wekse
5-Time All-Star

Postby wekse » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:10 pm

Ribbee,

Can you be taken seriously, ever?

CubinNY
Superstar

Postby CubinNY » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:48 pm

I love this thread. Keep 'em comming guys.

here is mine.

Do you have aspirations to make it to the big leagues one day? I hear Mr. Met only has two years left on his contract.

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:40 pm

Ribbie,

Several years ago the Mariner Moose broke his ankle while roller skating behind a four wheeler. Do you have any clauses in your contract that prohibit you from reckless behavior?

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 pm

Ribbie,

Do you ever do birthday parties? How far would you travel and do you do tricks?

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Has a child ever cried when he saw you? If so, how do you handle it?
Do it for Kent.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:07 pm

What's the cuh-RAY-zee-ist thing you've ever done?

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:11 pm

Ribbie,

Are you content to stay a AA mascot or do you aspire to be called to the big leagues some day?

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:12 pm

Ribbie,

Can you pitch? We need some bullpen help and I was wondering if you'd be willing to give it a try. I think seeing a ball thrown from a large bear would give you an advantage over the hitter. So, what do you think?

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:46 pm

Hat size?

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:18 am

Do most players and umpires act like good sports and go along with your routines?

Where do you go to hibernate for the winter?

Finally, which famous bear would you be more interested in meeting, Yogi or Smokey?
Last edited by NCCubFan on Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:51 am

Ribbee, do you have a day job or an off-season job? It must be hard making rent and groceries (lots of honey pots) on just ~70 home games every year. Do you do anything else to support Mama Bear and the baby Cubs at home?

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:46 am

Ribbee, first off I want to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions and receive our comments. I also want to commend you for the great job you are doing in regards to giving back to the community. As a former west Tennessee resident I am fully aware of your community involvement in regards to public appearances as well as your reading program.
I have the luxury of being able to attend Jaxx games and watch you in action. I have seen you do some hilarious things, whether it be walking through sections on the seat backs or doing wheelies on a 4-wheeler on the warning track. There have been several mascots at "The Big Chip" from the big baseball to the Pringles can to Gem Dandy. You are not only the best mascot that the Jaxx have had, but I honestly believe that you are one of the best mascots in all of sports!

I wanted to ask what you believe is the funniest thing that you have ever intentionally done. In addition, I wanted to ask what you have done on accident that everyone thought was hilarious.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:48 am

I thought it would be appropriate to post one of my favorite pictures: "The Ribbee Blitz"

T2E
All-Star

Postby T2E » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 pm

What are your thoughts on performance enhancing drugs in the world mascoting? As a minor league mascot, have you ever felt pressured to take performance enhancers in order to reach the majors?

T2E

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:04 pm

Tinkers2evers wrote:What are your thoughts on performance enhancing drugs in the world mascoting? As a minor league mascot, have you ever felt pressured to take performance enhancers in order to reach the majors?

Judging by his physique, I think it's safe to say Ribbee is not on the juice.

vance_the_cubs_fan

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:45 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:
Tinkers2evers wrote:What are your thoughts on performance enhancing drugs in the world mascoting? As a minor league mascot, have you ever felt pressured to take performance enhancers in order to reach the majors?

Judging by his physique, I think it's safe to say Ribbee is not on the juice.

You never know.

Ribbie,

Do you think mascots should branch out into other sports? Should tennis players, golfers, and NASCAR drives start having mascots? I think so.

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:54 am

Here's the new and improved version of "The Ribbee Blitz", courtesy of Jon. Thanks, Jon!

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:05 am

Greetings everyone. I'll be going to the park earlier than expected tomorrow. Since I would like to have the questions/comments edited before I leave, I'm going to have to make the deadline for turning in questions/comments tonight at midnight. Thank you for your understanding!

Return to “Chats”