Random Rants

CubinNY
Superstar
Posts: 19411
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Pike Road, Al

Random Rants

Postby CubinNY » Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 am

If you take all the money in someone's wallet you can go to jail for theft, but if you manage a property for someone (me) and take the security deposit and two months rent out of an escrow account it is a "civil matter". Have to love business in this country.

[expletive] is probably in the Bahamas by now.

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 47568
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop

Re: Random Rants

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue May 22, 2012 8:35 am

You had a contract with the lessor with regards to your security deposit and escrow account. The guy who stole my wallet did not draw up the details beforehand.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

CubinNY
Superstar
Posts: 19411
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Pike Road, Al

Re: Random Rants

Postby CubinNY » Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 am

SouthSideRyan wrote:You had a contract with the lessor with regards to your security deposit and escrow account. The guy who stole my wallet did not draw up the details beforehand.

I know you like to be a dick, but there was nothing in the contract allowing the management company to steal my and my tenants money. That's why they have to set up an escrow account.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: Random Rants

Postby OleMissCub » Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 am

CubinNY wrote:If you take all the money in someone's wallet you can go to jail for theft, but if you manage a property for someone (me) and take the security deposit and two months rent out of an escrow account it is a "civil matter". Have to love business in this country.

[expletive] is probably in the Bahamas by now.


It could be a criminal matter if you brought it to the Sheriff's Office or local police. What you described may qualify as either embezzlement or larceny depending on the circumstances. If they had full access to the escrow account (sounds like they did) and they misappropriated those funds for their own or unintended use, that's embezzlement.
Image

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 47568
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop

Re: Random Rants

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue May 22, 2012 10:54 am

CubinNY wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:You had a contract with the lessor with regards to your security deposit and escrow account. The guy who stole my wallet did not draw up the details beforehand.

I know you like to be a dick, but there was nothing in the contract allowing the management company to steal my and my tenants money. That's why they have to set up an escrow account.


Me? Pshaw.

I misunderstood, thought you were the tenant.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

CubinNY
Superstar
Posts: 19411
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Pike Road, Al

Re: Random Rants

Postby CubinNY » Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 am

OleMissCub wrote:
CubinNY wrote:If you take all the money in someone's wallet you can go to jail for theft, but if you manage a property for someone (me) and take the security deposit and two months rent out of an escrow account it is a "civil matter". Have to love business in this country.

[expletive] is probably in the Bahamas by now.


It could be a criminal matter if you brought it to the Sheriff's Office or local police. What you described may qualify as either embezzlement or larceny depending on the circumstances. If they had full access to the escrow account (sounds like they did) and they misappropriated those funds for their own or unintended use, that's embezzlement.

The local police told me it was a civil matter. I have to take it up with the Tennessee Real Estate Commission and they can refer the case to the state police if they so choose. Apparently this guy and his father have absconded with a bunch of people's money.

User avatar
Soul
Resident Cat Lady
Posts: 40352
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the throes of Cub madness

Re: Random Rants

Postby Soul » Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Good luck with that.

If it makes you feel any better, the vast majority of pick pocket theives are never caught either.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger usually leaves a scar.

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 50813
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Perth, W.A.
Contact:

Re: Random Rants

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 am

who took the money? did the guy and his father take the money from the management company, or did they run the management company and basically shut it down and made off with everyone's cash?

CubinNY
Superstar
Posts: 19411
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Pike Road, Al

Re: Random Rants

Postby CubinNY » Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:who took the money? did the guy and his father take the money from the management company, or did they run the management company and basically shut it down and made off with everyone's cash?

They ran the management company and shut it down. They owe me two months rent that the tenants paid and they owe the tenants their security deposit. Between my tenants and myself they owe us $5,300. Now I've had to hire a different management company and pay them an extra fee. The tenants refused to sign a lease if they had to put down another security deposit so if they trash my house I'm out of the money. It's a mess.

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 50813
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Perth, W.A.
Contact:

Re: Random Rants

Postby TruffleShuffle » Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 am

CubinNY wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:who took the money? did the guy and his father take the money from the management company, or did they run the management company and basically shut it down and made off with everyone's cash?

They ran the management company and shut it down. They owe me two months rent that the tenants paid and they owe the tenants their security deposit. Between my tenants and myself they owe us $5,300. Now I've had to hire a different management company and pay them an extra fee. The tenants refused to sign a lease if they had to put down another security deposit so if they trash my house I'm out of the money. It's a mess.


yeah, i don't see how that's civil... sounds pretty damn criminal to me.

User avatar
Careless
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25294
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:27 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Random Rants

Postby Careless » Fri May 25, 2012 11:03 pm

I let my daughter wipe her own butt for the first time and there wound up being [expletive] wiped all over two walls. I don't mind her failing, but dear god, that took way too long to ask for help
We are doomed.

User avatar
mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7135
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:53 am
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
Contact:

Re: Random Rants

Postby mul21 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Careless wrote:I let my daughter wipe her own butt for the first time and there wound up being [expletive] wiped all over two walls. I don't mind her failing, but dear god, that took way too long to ask for help


I'm sitting on my couch laughing like an idiot because I can only picture how well this would go with my not quite 4 yr old. I'm glad mine just asks for help!
I like beer.

User avatar
C.C.
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24547
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Random Rants

Postby C.C. » Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 am

Girls should never wear capri's or shorts. Stick with skirts and sun dresses.

Yeti
Town Drunk
Posts: 6253
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 1:11 pm
Location: high on a mountain

Re: Random Rants

Postby Yeti » Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 am

that's just crazy

User avatar
Castro's Spray Chart
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 8049
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: the REAL chicago

Re: Random Rants

Postby Castro's Spray Chart » Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 am

You should just stop using apostrophes altogether
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist
Posts: 28070
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:57 am
Contact:

Re: Random Rants

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Wed May 30, 2012 11:41 am

you forgot the apostrophe in short's
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Random Rants

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed May 30, 2012 11:42 am

and girl's
Image

User avatar
C.C.
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24547
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Random Rants

Postby C.C. » Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

What about skirts?

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: Random Rants

Postby shnsajax » Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 pm

C.C. wrote:What about skirts?


No to the amish looking ankle high skirts. Yes to running and soccer shorts.
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Random Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 pm

If this is really random rants, I want to make a small rant. I just saw this statistic:

Ryan Ludwick:
Cardinals: .857 OPS (1812 PA)
Everywhere else: .689 OPS (1281 PA)

Colby Rasmus:
Cardinals: .777 OPS (1440 PA)
Everywhere else: .631 OPS (330 PA)

Rick Ankiel:
Cardinals: .763 OPS (1153 PA)
Everywhere else: .678 OPS (789 PA)

The Luckwick one makes me want to tear my hair out.
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
C.C.
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24547
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Random Rants

Postby C.C. » Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 pm

shnsajax wrote:
C.C. wrote:What about skirts?


No to the amish looking ankle high skirts. Yes to running and soccer shorts.


I meant apostrophe?

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Random Rants

Postby Banedon » Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm

C.C. wrote:Girls should never wear capri's or shorts. Stick with skirts and sun dresses.


This greatly depends on the person.

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 47568
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop

Re: Random Rants

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu May 31, 2012 12:53 pm

pers'on
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
Castro's Spray Chart
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 8049
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: the REAL chicago

Re: Random Rants

Postby Castro's Spray Chart » Thu May 31, 2012 2:45 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:pers'on


HAH
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

biittner77
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9291
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:10 pm
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore

Re: Random Rants

Postby biittner77 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:18 am

That commercial with the guy that uses the same razor blade for 5 weeks drives me nuts. As someone that uses that same blade, I'd be reluctant to use it on day 5 let alone week 5.

On the same subject, razor blades are way too expensive. Having to shave in the first place sucks anyway without having to shell out $4 for a razor blade.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.


Return to “Rants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest