Jerry Sandusky

Beer Kaese
Starter

Jerry Sandusky

Postby Beer Kaese » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:03 pm

When I was 12 I pushed a Sandusky away. I didn't let the bastard do it to me. First time I've ever shared that. That said, I'd like to turn Sandusky into compost with a machete.
Do not remove tag under penalty of law.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 pm

it's a good thing you didn't let him park in your driveway if ya know what I'm saying, amirite?

MWV
All-Star

Postby MWV » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Sandusky will die in jail. If any further good can come from a monstrous case like this one, it will be that victims of similar crimes will feel more comfortable in discussing how they have been wronged.

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:42 pm

My only regret is that no punishment will ever be enough.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger usually leaves a scar.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:31 pm

as someone who works with children and is trusted to do so responsibly, i just don't understand how someone can do this. not to mention being sexually attracted to prepubescent children. just [expletive] horrifying.

Theo
All-Star

Postby Theo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 am

OleMissCub wrote:it's a good thing you didn't let him park in your driveway if ya know what I'm saying, amirite?

wow, making jokes about child molestation. :roll:

CubmanPi
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubmanPi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

ilikewherethisthreadisgoing.jpg

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 pm

formerly known as PriorPower

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm

man that's a terrible editorial
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:12 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:man that's a terrible editorial

Yeah just saw it, thought it was worth sharing haha. Still don't agree with the idea that Paterno was in on the whole thing and allowed it to happen. Coulda/shoulda done more? Obviously, but doesn't mean he was a monster like Sandusky.

Also how long til this thread goes the way of the Potpourri Thread?

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Oh yeah, no I'm not reading that whole thing. I read enough to get the "I totally agree with the verdicts because I have no choice, but here's why I still disagree" vibe. After that? Definitely not worth my time.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger usually leaves a scar.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 pm

The Penn State contingent still doesn't think Paterno did anything wrong.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 am

Lo_Pan_Fan wrote:The Penn State contingent still doesn't think Paterno did anything wrong.

I don't know anyone who thinks this

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:02 am

Derwood wrote:
Lo_Pan_Fan wrote:The Penn State contingent still doesn't think Paterno did anything wrong.

I don't know anyone who thinks this

Imaginary people made up by the haters think this. And also idiots.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:03 am

LULZ @ "the haters."

The haters of what, exactly?
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am

The people who assume everyone who worked at Penn State had a hand in "enabling" a pedophile.

Theo
All-Star

Postby Theo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:26 am

"Haters" being those opposed to the massive cover of child rape.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 am

Nobody is sitting here thinking the TA in Prof. Jenkins astronomy class was helping Sandusky throw kids into the trunk of his car.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am

Nuts&Gum wrote:Nobody is sitting here thinking the TA in Prof. Jenkins astronomy class was helping Sandusky throw kids into the trunk of his car.

That's fine here, but I've heard far too many people in general making that assumption.

Paterno did mess up pretty bad here. No one should be denying that. But he wasn't some miserable old man who lied and cheated his way to the top.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 am

Post Count Padder wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:Nobody is sitting here thinking the TA in Prof. Jenkins astronomy class was helping Sandusky throw kids into the trunk of his car.

That's fine here, but I've heard far too many people in general making that assumption.

Really?

Paterno did mess up pretty bad here. No one should be denying that. But he wasn't some miserable old man who lied and cheated his way to the top.

Which has...what to do with covering up and allowing child molestation? Talk about a strawman. "Yeah, well, he didn't do anything to stop Sandusky...BUT HE DIDN'T CHEAT ON HIS FOOTBALL TESTS!!!"
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 am

Post Count Padder wrote:

He didn't lie and cheat his way to the top? What the hell does that have to do with anything? That is a completely nonsensical comment to make within the discussion about Paterno's level of blame in allowing his subordinate to rape kids in his facilities.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Post Count Padder wrote:

He didn't lie and cheat his way to the top? What the hell does that have to do with anything? That is a completely nonsensical comment to make within the discussion about Paterno's level of blame in allowing his subordinate to rape kids in his facilities.

I phrased that in the context of people saying Paterno was always a d-bag and this was the last in a long line of terrible things he did to "preserve his legacy." Probably could've worded it better. I don't think he covered anything up. I think he did a crap job of reporting something awful that happened and did a crap job of following up on said report.

Whatever. He's dead now and Sandusky will probably soon be dead. Prison is gonna treat him well, if he makes it there.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:51 am

Post Count Padder wrote:I phrased that in the context of people saying Paterno was always a d-bag and this was the last in a long line of terrible things he did to "preserve his legacy."

Who is saying this? What "long line of terrible things?" People are accusing him of knowing someone was using his program to abuse children and him and not making any real effort to stop it. What other history of terrible things is he being accused of?
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Smack
5-Time All-Star

Postby Smack » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Paterno's legacy? Everyone keeps forgetting the program turned south a decade ago under Joe Pa's watch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news ... id=3504915
"State College is a small community, and Penn State intercollegiate athletics has a large fan base both locally and nationally," he said. "The inordinate media attention to these cases can cause reluctance on the part of some victims and/or witnesses from getting involved."

Sound familiar?

"You can remind them that 'We are Penn State' means all the students, not just the football team," he said. "My son's tuition is what enables them to send those punks on a free ride."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... index.html
BTFU!

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm

lol, your son's tuition doesn't give them a free ride champ. the fact that the football team makes like $40 million a year in profit gives them (and every other penn state student athlete on scholarship) a free ride.

Return to “Rants”