Jerry Sandusky

Banedon
Curse You!

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Banedon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Soooo...ESPN Steelers beat reporter Scott Brown is a Paterno apologist crazy person...

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014/jan ... ebate.html

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:41 am

a lot of the people who were tweeting to him were abject morons, but he really did not do himself any favors by getting into a huge back and forth with said morons.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Stay classy, NCAA.

http://deadspin.com/report-ncaa-conside ... 1679120345

The Inquirer reports that Penn State, the NCAA, and state officials are negotiating proposals that include restoring the 111 wins taken away from Joe Paterno, as well as ensuring the $60 million fine Penn State has to pay stays "within the state and the university, to be used for child protection."

If the NCAA does indeed reduce the penalties against Penn State, it will basically complete a process of backtracking on the sanctions that began 16 months ago.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Stay classy, NCAA.

The Inquirer reports that Penn State, the NCAA, and state officials are negotiating proposals that include restoring the 111 wins taken away from Joe Paterno, as well as ensuring the $60 million fine Penn State has to pay stays "within the state and the university, to be used for child protection."

If the NCAA does indeed reduce the penalties against Penn State, it will basically complete a process of backtracking on the sanctions that began 16 months ago.

In every situation the NCAA is involved in, just assume they'll do the opposite of what's logical

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:32 pm

It's an absurdly incompetent/corrupt body to have the power that it does.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:It's an absurdly incompetent/corrupt body to have the power that it does.

If the super conferences can get their [expletive] together, they can drop the NCAA and run things themselves

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:13 am

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:It's an absurdly incompetent/corrupt body to have the power that it does.

If the super conferences can get their [expletive] together, they can drop the NCAA and run things themselves

which is not better

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 am

Mariner's Revenge wrote:
Derwood wrote:

which is not better

Yeah, I'm not following how the solution to the NCAA letting Penn State get away with a slap on the wrist will be corrected by having no punishment at all.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 am

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Stay classy, NCAA.

In every situation the NCAA is involved in, just assume they'll do the opposite of what's logical

The original punishment was logical.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:45 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
Mariner's Revenge wrote:
Derwood wrote:

which is not better

Yeah, I'm not following how the solution to the NCAA letting Penn State get away with a slap on the wrist will be corrected by having no punishment at all.

I fully expected this, though not until next season.

The NCAA puffed themselves up and tried to "take down" the Penn State program with "crushing" penalties, only to see Penn State go 17-9 since.

I'm not exactly sure what keeping the penalties another two years proves.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Treymon wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:
Mariner's Revenge wrote:
Derwood wrote:

which is not better

I fully expected this, though not until next season.

The NCAA puffed themselves up and tried to "take down" the Penn State program with "crushing" penalties, only to see Penn State go 17-9 since.

Huh? The penalties were always going to be more about the longerm than what they did the next two seasons. It was going to hurt recruiting, which would hurt 2015/2016 a hell of a lot more than 2013. And it's not like 17-9 is some amazing accomplishment for college teams.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Treymon wrote:I fully expected this, though not until next season.

Huh? The penalties were always going to be more about the longerm than what they did the next two seasons. It was going to hurt recruiting, which would hurt 2015/2016 a hell of a lot more than 2013. And it's not like 17-9 is some amazing accomplishment for college teams.

my bad, too subtle

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=63296#p3124656

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:29 pm

The NCAA will restore all of Joe Paterno's vacated Penn State wins http://t.co/n2mi9mO6Sz pic.twitter.com/jS8EWaSzyh
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 16, 2015

What a [expletive] joke.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Paterno family: "Today is a great victory for everyone who has fought for the truth in the Sandusky tragedy."

SHUT UP

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Banedon wrote:
The NCAA will restore all of Joe Paterno's vacated Penn State wins http://t.co/n2mi9mO6Sz pic.twitter.com/jS8EWaSzyh
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 16, 2015

What a [expletive] joke.

And no one was surprised. The smug righteousness of some of my FB friends is awful though

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:46 pm

at least he's still dead

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:16 pm

This and restoring the bowl ban makes me think the only reason they imposed those harsh sanctions is for fear of public backlash. Now that the story is over, they can quietly put Penn State back together again.
Dare to dream....

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm about to FB block a few people. Gross reactions to this

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Banedon wrote:Paterno family: "Today is a great victory for everyone who has fought for the truth in the Sandusky tragedy."

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:46 pm

you got footage of Paterno's eyes as he entered hell?

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:49 pm

UMFan83 wrote:This and restoring the bowl ban makes me think the only reason they imposed those harsh sanctions is for fear of public backlash.

Of course it was the only reason. Public opinion of the NCAA was at an all-time low, and they knew just about everyone wanted blood, and that was the way to score a few points with the public. It would've seemed far more transparent and disgusting if what they were reacting to wasn't, you know, a massive cover-up of child rape.

Smack
5-Time All-Star

Postby Smack » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:37 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:at least he's still dead

haha
BTFU!

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Oh god, even my dad is posting about "justice being done". What in the hell

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Watching the OTL report on this, and it looks more like the NCAA bungled the implementation of the penalties (and wanted to avoid a trial) so they basically plea bargained the wins back to the school

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Return to “Rants”