Jerry Sandusky

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 43322
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Winterfell

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Stannis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 pm

this guy?

Image
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

User avatar
EhDubya
All-Star
Posts: 1125
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:01 pm

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby EhDubya » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 am

No. Lance is older, bald and with mustache.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 am

erik316wttn wrote:Did you mean "sordid?"


lol...that'd make a lot more sense, wouldn't it?

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 am

EhDubya wrote:No. Lance is older, bald and with mustache.


Image


EhDubya wrote:Looks like its Lance Shaner who they are investigating. Wow.


Any source for that? I'm not seeing names anywhere.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 43322
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Winterfell

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Stannis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 am

I could see that guy flying to thailand for sure
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 am

He has an apartment there.

For business.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

erik316wttn
Superstar
Posts: 19520
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm
Location: Southeastern Wisconsin

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby erik316wttn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Curley and Spanier go on trial in January.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ary-081712
In Theo We Trust

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 50813
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Perth, W.A.
Contact:

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am

schultz, not spanier.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 pm

http://deadspin.com/5937061/minnesota-s ... erformance

Craig T. Nelson is a vile and despicable human being.


Also, a football coach in Minnesota did very bad things and should be punished to the full extent of the law.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 12480
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:27 am
Location: da Salish Sea

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 pm

[expletive] Mankato State (or, as they tried to hype themselves from Coach, Minnesota State. wannabe bitches!

GO GOPHERS
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 12480
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:27 am
Location: da Salish Sea

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 pm

and I agree, the gulags might be too lenient
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 56771
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Jerry Van [expletive] kinda looked like Sandusky.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 58429
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Derwood » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:41 am

Graham Spanier needs to stop talking

User avatar
Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist
Posts: 28070
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:57 am
Contact:

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 am

Nuts&Gum wrote:Jerry Van [expletive] kinda looked like Sandusky.


hahahahah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm

http://deadspin.com/5939327/high+rankin ... y-sandusky

whatthewhat?

People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to - a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster - 14, 16, 18 - is the seducer ... It's not so hard to see - a kid looking for a father and didn't have his own - and they won't be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

It's an understandable thing
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Proven Veteran » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:25 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:http://deadspin.com/5939327/high+ranking-catholic-priest-has-some-horrifying-thoughts-about-seductive-teens-and-poor-jerry-sandusky

whatthewhat?

People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to - a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster - 14, 16, 18 - is the seducer ... It's not so hard to see - a kid looking for a father and didn't have his own - and they won't be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

It's an understandable thing

Wow.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9291
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:10 pm
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore

Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby biittner77 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 am

Proven Veteran wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:http://deadspin.com/5939327/high+ranking-catholic-priest-has-some-horrifying-thoughts-about-seductive-teens-and-poor-jerry-sandusky

whatthewhat?

People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to - a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster - 14, 16, 18 - is the seducer ... It's not so hard to see - a kid looking for a father and didn't have his own - and they won't be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

It's an understandable thing

Wow.


Did he leave out the part where they were in a Turkish prison, stranded on a deserted island or living in ancient Greece?
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49202
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:23 am
Location: Puget Sound

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children

User avatar
XZero77
Superstar
Posts: 18605
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 am
Location: The Wastes
Contact:

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby XZero77 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:36 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children


None of that is revelatory.

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children


Incredibly interesting. Though I had to skip the intro as I just couldn't read it. Thanks for the link.

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am

XZero77 wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children


None of that is revelatory.

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.


No, no it doesn't.

User avatar
XZero77
Superstar
Posts: 18605
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 am
Location: The Wastes
Contact:

Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby XZero77 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children


None of that is revelatory.

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.


No, no it doesn't.


Yeah, it really does. It sounds like it was plucked out of a NAMBLA reading. It was purposefully worded that way to make it sound less unpleasant.

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 am

XZero77 wrote:
Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children


None of that is revelatory.

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.


No, no it doesn't.


Yeah, it really does. It sounds like it was parsed out of a NAMBLA reading. It was worded that way to make it sound less unpleasant.


Of course it was. If he started the article talking about raping children, readers would already be primed to hate pedophiles rather than have any possibility of feeling sympathy to people who are born with a disorder that they can't seek help for bc they'd be put in jail. Doesn't mean a reasonable person is going to read the first few lines and immediately say "welp, I'm not reading this trash that was clearly written by a pedo."

User avatar
XZero77
Superstar
Posts: 18605
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 am
Location: The Wastes
Contact:

Re: Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby XZero77 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:24 am

Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:
Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children


None of that is revelatory.

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.


No, no it doesn't.


Yeah, it really does. It sounds like it was parsed out of a NAMBLA reading. It was worded that way to make it sound less unpleasant.


Of course it was. If he started the article talking about raping children, readers would already be primed to hate pedophiles rather than have any possibility of feeling sympathy to people who are born with a disorder that they can't seek help for bc they'd be put in jail. Doesn't mean a reasonable person is going to read the first few lines and immediately say "welp, I'm not reading this trash that was clearly written by a pedo."


I didn't mean it leant the impression it actually was written by a pedo (the "it's difficult to listen to..." part does away with that) it's just that the wording was a little too sympathetic, and immediately gives the impression the writer is trying too hard. You can call it what it is and still make the same case. Most intelligent people are going to see right through the semantics to the truth anyway, so why bother with the weak attempt to manipulate the reader?

Frankly, I think more people would be turned off by the "had sex with" phrasing than would be had it just been called rape. It's disingenuous off the bat there's a distasteful insinuation there that makes it sound even more insidious. I don't think the author is some sort of deviant, but I think he could have written it more effectively.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 43322
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Winterfell

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Stannis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

For the record, most pedophiles aren't necessarily born that way, many times they are heavily abused as children themselves. That goes for sociopaths, too.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."


Return to “Rants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest