Jerry Sandusky

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Stannis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 pm

this guy?

"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

EhDubya
All-Star

Postby EhDubya » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 am

No. Lance is older, bald and with mustache.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 am

erik316wttn wrote:Did you mean "sordid?"

lol...that'd make a lot more sense, wouldn't it?

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 am

EhDubya wrote:No. Lance is older, bald and with mustache.

EhDubya wrote:Looks like its Lance Shaner who they are investigating. Wow.

Any source for that? I'm not seeing names anywhere.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 am

I could see that guy flying to thailand for sure
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 am

He has an apartment there.

For business.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

erik316wttn
Superstar

Postby erik316wttn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Curley and Spanier go on trial in January.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ary-081712
In Theo We Trust

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am

schultz, not spanier.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 pm

http://deadspin.com/5937061/minnesota-s ... erformance

Craig T. Nelson is a vile and despicable human being.

Also, a football coach in Minnesota did very bad things and should be punished to the full extent of the law.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 pm

[expletive] Mankato State (or, as they tried to hype themselves from Coach, Minnesota State. wannabe bitches!

GO GOPHERS
Spoiler: show

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 pm

and I agree, the gulags might be too lenient
Spoiler: show

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Jerry Van [expletive] kinda looked like Sandusky.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:41 am

Graham Spanier needs to stop talking

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 am

Nuts&Gum wrote:Jerry Van [expletive] kinda looked like Sandusky.

hahahahah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm

http://deadspin.com/5939327/high+rankin ... y-sandusky

whatthewhat?

People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to - a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster - 14, 16, 18 - is the seducer ... It's not so hard to see - a kid looking for a father and didn't have his own - and they won't be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

It's an understandable thing

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby Proven Veteran » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:25 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:http://deadspin.com/5939327/high+ranking-catholic-priest-has-some-horrifying-thoughts-about-seductive-teens-and-poor-jerry-sandusky

whatthewhat?

People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to - a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster - 14, 16, 18 - is the seducer ... It's not so hard to see - a kid looking for a father and didn't have his own - and they won't be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

Wow.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 am

Proven Veteran wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:http://deadspin.com/5939327/high+ranking-catholic-priest-has-some-horrifying-thoughts-about-seductive-teens-and-poor-jerry-sandusky

whatthewhat?

Wow.

Did he leave out the part where they were in a Turkish prison, stranded on a deserted island or living in ancient Greece?
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:36 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children

None of that is revelatory.

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I thought this was a really interesting read: http://gawker.com/5941037/born-this-way ... h-children

Incredibly interesting. Though I had to skip the intro as I just couldn't read it. Thanks for the link.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am

XZero77 wrote:

Of course most pedophiles are "born that way", and it's an unfortunate mis-wiring of the brain that makes them incompatible with civilized society. Sociopaths are usually born sociopaths, too. Some people are born with problems that are less dangerous or more manageable, but unfortunately there's really nothing to be done for pedophilia, at least until we learn how to isolate and re-route those neural pathways (not anytime soon).

I'd have some sympathy for the person born with this problem that never acts on it, but those who do clearly need to be incarcerated somehow, preferably permanently.

And the article starts off on the wrong foot with the "time he had sex with a 7-year old girl" line. You can't have sex with a child, it can only be rape. To frame it that way makes it sound like a pedo wrote it.

No, no it doesn't.

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:

No, no it doesn't.

Yeah, it really does. It sounds like it was plucked out of a NAMBLA reading. It was purposefully worded that way to make it sound less unpleasant.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Re: Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 am

XZero77 wrote:
Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:

No, no it doesn't.

Yeah, it really does. It sounds like it was parsed out of a NAMBLA reading. It was worded that way to make it sound less unpleasant.

Of course it was. If he started the article talking about raping children, readers would already be primed to hate pedophiles rather than have any possibility of feeling sympathy to people who are born with a disorder that they can't seek help for bc they'd be put in jail. Doesn't mean a reasonable person is going to read the first few lines and immediately say "welp, I'm not reading this trash that was clearly written by a pedo."

XZero77
Superstar

Re: Re: Re: Jerry Sandusky

Postby XZero77 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:24 am

Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:
Mariner's Revenge wrote:
XZero77 wrote:

No, no it doesn't.

Yeah, it really does. It sounds like it was parsed out of a NAMBLA reading. It was worded that way to make it sound less unpleasant.

Of course it was. If he started the article talking about raping children, readers would already be primed to hate pedophiles rather than have any possibility of feeling sympathy to people who are born with a disorder that they can't seek help for bc they'd be put in jail. Doesn't mean a reasonable person is going to read the first few lines and immediately say "welp, I'm not reading this trash that was clearly written by a pedo."

I didn't mean it leant the impression it actually was written by a pedo (the "it's difficult to listen to..." part does away with that) it's just that the wording was a little too sympathetic, and immediately gives the impression the writer is trying too hard. You can call it what it is and still make the same case. Most intelligent people are going to see right through the semantics to the truth anyway, so why bother with the weak attempt to manipulate the reader?

Frankly, I think more people would be turned off by the "had sex with" phrasing than would be had it just been called rape. It's disingenuous off the bat there's a distasteful insinuation there that makes it sound even more insidious. I don't think the author is some sort of deviant, but I think he could have written it more effectively.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

For the record, most pedophiles aren't necessarily born that way, many times they are heavily abused as children themselves. That goes for sociopaths, too.

Return to “Rants”