Airing of grievance

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Re: Airing of grievance

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:45 pm

#humblebrag
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

CubinNY
Superstar

Postby CubinNY » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 pm

imb! wrote:the next person to tell me how i lucky i am to be engaged to my admittedly awesome fiancee is going to get asked to provide an itemized list of exactly what makes me so lucky. I'm busting my ass over here, and all her friends and relatives are in various types of terrible relationships. Maybe she's the lucky one, [expletive].

Yeah, I got that [expletive] too. What is worse, is it was from MY family.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 am

imb! wrote:the next person to tell me how i lucky i am to be engaged to my admittedly awesome fiancee is going to get asked to provide an itemized list of exactly what makes me so lucky. I'm busting my ass over here, and all her friends and relatives are in various types of terrible relationships. Maybe she's the lucky one, [expletive].

is she around when they do it? if so, they're just indirectly complimenting her.

and you don't want to ask for that list. If someone provides one, it might include "she's wild in the sack" or something.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 pm

I went to the same university in the same major as my ex-wife, but not quite at the same time, so there was some overlap of people who knew us separately. I had one person tell me "You're married to her? But she's so nice."

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Airing of grievance

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:02 pm

KyleJRM wrote:

I went to the same university in the same major as my ex-wife, but not quite at the same time, so there was some overlap of people who knew us separately. I had one person tell me "You're married to her? But she's so nice."

Well, yea exactly
Spoiler: show

J.R.
5-Time All-Star

Postby J.R. » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:05 pm

I am appalled at the apathy.

Return to “Rants”