And The Prize Goes To...

mlpeel
All-Star

And The Prize Goes To...

Postby mlpeel » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:46 am

Lately, I've been thinking NSBB owes a bit of recognition to posters who've helped make it a more interesting place. The unique flavor of each online community comes from the mix of contributions by all of its posters, not just those of an elite few; but at the same time, high quality contributions from the top posters make that flavor a bit more mouth-watering. Circumstances conspired to make this a good time to honor such a poster, so Tim and I conferred to decide who it should be.

Our choice: HoopsCubs, who helped keep the Hot Stove cookin' here at NSBB with his willingness to thrash out trade ideas (peppering these discussions with insights gleaned from his vast correspondence), relentless search for online articles discussing possible player moves, and painstaking salary number crunching. In particular, while the board has seen some thought-provoking discussions, it's tough to beat "Is Choi For Lee On Anyone's Radar?" (a thread Hoops started less than an hour before news of the trade splashed all over the Internet) for topicality. For his efforts, Hoops wins the 1st annual (?) NSBB Award for Posting Excellence. Please join Tim and myself in extending our thanks to Hoops for helping to make our online community a little more interesting.

As a token of our appreciation, we've given HoopsCubs a ticket to this weekend's Cubs Convention.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:26 am

Congrats Hoops! Well deserved!

BeerHere
All-Star

Postby BeerHere » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:30 am

Nice job Hoops.

<tips his cap>

Tedward
All-Star

Re: And The Prize Goes To...

Postby Tedward » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:37 am

mlpeel wrote:Lately, I've been thinking NSBB owes a bit of recognition to posters who've helped make it a more interesting place. The unique flavor of each online community comes from the mix of contributions by all of its posters, not just those of an elite few; but at the same time, high quality contributions from the top posters make that flavor a bit more mouth-watering. Circumstances conspired to make this a good time to honor such a poster, so Tim and I conferred to decide who it should be.

Our choice: HoopsCubs, who helped keep the Hot Stove cookin' here at NSBB with his willingness to thrash out trade ideas (peppering these discussions with insights gleaned from his vast correspondence), relentless search for online articles discussing possible player moves, and painstaking salary number crunching. In particular, while the board has seen some thought-provoking discussions, it's tough to beat "Is Choi For Lee On Anyone's Radar?" (a thread Hoops started less than an hour before news of the trade splashed all over the Internet) for topicality. For his efforts, Hoops wins the 1st annual (?) NSBB Award for Posting Excellence. Please join Tim and myself in extending our thanks to Hoops for helping to make our online community a little more interesting.

As a token of our appreciation, we've given HoopsCubs a ticket to this weekend's Cubs Convention.

Way to go Hoops !!!

Enjoy the convention !

CubsInNC
All-Star

Postby CubsInNC » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:43 am

Congrats hoops. Hopefully you bring us back a scoop from the convention, and lock up the award for the next season...

DCFan
Role Player

Postby DCFan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:15 am

Thanks Hoops, congratulations, but also thanks to Mark and Tim, who add a lot of baseball and specifically Cubs knowledge to the board.[/code]

Jon
Hall of Fame

Postby Jon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:20 am

A much deserved honor, Hoops. And once again, thanks to Tim, Mark, and everyone else who helps to keep this place running smoothly. I don't know what I'd do without it.

By the way, Hoops, you could probably get close to $150 for that pass on eBay. Just a suggestion. :wink:

Laura
Superstar

Postby Laura » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:49 am

Congrats, Hoops!!! :D

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:51 am

Big congrats Hoops. I admire your ability to find hot new information. However, I sincerely respect your ability to always debate a topic in the friendliest of manner.

Well deserved award!! :D

Burtonbell
All-Star

Postby Burtonbell » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:54 am

Congrats, Hoops! I can all thank everyone who posts here for a well done job in regards to all the message boards! (especially the transactions boards! Shout out to Mushimus for his info!)

Lets go Cubbies!
Go Blackhawks!

brinoch
5-Time All-Star

Postby brinoch » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:05 am

Congrats Hoops!! This is a well-deserved honor, and I'm glad to see a small thank you for all your contributions -- never think they aren't valued here by all of us!

Tim and mlpeel, great gesture!

Way to go all!

LuckyPup
All-Star

Postby LuckyPup » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:38 am

Congrats Hoops!

You're the NSBB's Ambassador of Kwan :wink:
CubbiesRule

wade
All-Star

Postby wade » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:19 am

Congratulations Hoops.

Indeed, the Choi/Lee radar post is the one that got me absolutely addicted to this sight. Suffice it to say there are friends of mine who have had to endure my praise of "a guy on the internet named HoopsCubs" (and others on this board by the way) for insight and opinions on the Cubs.

One caveat, I will be gunning for you in 2005 :lol:

Wade

CubFanPhilly
All-Star

Postby CubFanPhilly » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:25 am

Congrats Hoops! When do we get the acceptance speech? :wink:

CuseCubFan69
Hall of Fame

Postby CuseCubFan69 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:33 am

Congrats Hoops! This must a special award because I've never seen ML post that early!

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:07 pm

CubFanPhilly wrote:Congrats Hoops! When do we get the acceptance speech? :wink:

Speech! Speech!!!

a well deserved honour

TenzilKem
Starter

Postby TenzilKem » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:13 pm

Congrats! You help make this site the best source for Cubs news on the net.
''I don't want to say fat. I want to say overweight. Fat is when a person is like Quevedo.''

--Carlos Zambrano

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:38 pm

Well deserved, and more meaningful than the old Poster of the Week on the cubs.com board.

Of course, we expect a detailed report on the convention now. :D
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

SCCubbieFAN
Starter

Postby SCCubbieFAN » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Ata boy Hoops! Looking forward to seeing you at the convention.

AlamoCub
Starter

Postby AlamoCub » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:43 pm

Congratulations!

Have a great time at the Convention. I look forward to any and all of your future postings.

Roast
Maximo Ali

Postby Roast » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:48 pm

!!!Congratulations!!!

<Stands and applauds>
Follow me on Twitter @MidwayJME

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:13 am

Speech!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

hawkeyecub
5-Time All-Star

Congratulations

Postby hawkeyecub » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:59 pm

Congratulations, your insight was greatly appreciated this offseason. I just registered for a name, but have been following things here since August when I heard about the site. Not sure how I would have gotten through this offseason without the insight given by you and all of the posters. It would be nice to get a report from the Convention for all of us who can't be there!

series65cubsfan
All-Star

Postby series65cubsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:55 pm

Accolades and kudos to Hoops for excellent posts. A very fitting honour and "prize". Well done.

p.s. Thanks Tim and Mlpeel for the site and "prize".

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:23 pm

Congrats, Hoops! You're a great poster. Have fun at the covention!
formerly known as PriorPower

Return to “Honors”