And The Prize Goes To...

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:23 pm

Congrats, Hoops! You're a great poster. Have fun at the covention!
formerly known as PriorPower

HoopsCubs
All-Star

Re: And The Prize Goes To...

Postby HoopsCubs » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:26 pm

mlpeel wrote:Lately, I've been thinking NSBB owes a bit of recognition to posters who've helped make it a more interesting place. The unique flavor of each online community comes from the mix of contributions by all of its posters, not just those of an elite few; but at the same time, high quality contributions from the top posters make that flavor a bit more mouth-watering. Circumstances conspired to make this a good time to honor such a poster, so Tim and I conferred to decide who it should be.

Our choice: HoopsCubs, who helped keep the Hot Stove cookin' here at NSBB with his willingness to thrash out trade ideas (peppering these discussions with insights gleaned from his vast correspondence), relentless search for online articles discussing possible player moves, and painstaking salary number crunching. In particular, while the board has seen some thought-provoking discussions, it's tough to beat "Is Choi For Lee On Anyone's Radar?" (a thread Hoops started less than an hour before news of the trade splashed all over the Internet) for topicality. For his efforts, Hoops wins the 1st annual (?) NSBB Award for Posting Excellence. Please join Tim and myself in extending our thanks to Hoops for helping to make our online community a little more interesting.

As a token of our appreciation, we've given HoopsCubs a ticket to this weekend's Cubs Convention.

First of all, I'd like to sincerely thank Tim and Mark for the wonderful honor and great token. I was greatly touched by the gesture. I shall never forget it. More importantly, though, I'd like to thank Tim and Mark and the others who helped create this board. You are the real winners in my opinion! You have facilitated the most impressive community online I have ever had the pleasure of being part of - I can't begin to express what I feel about your contributions - in a word, amazing.

Winning an honor is nice, but that's not why I participate here. I participate because I am a die hard baseball fan and a Cubs fan. I love baseball, and I love the Cubs. And I love talking about baseball and the Cubs. And all of you, my fellow posters, are the reason I spend quality time here. I learn so much from you every day about the game and the team and the organization. If I can come up with an insight or a topic or a discussion point that can lead to good-mannered and analytical debate, then I feel like I'm partially paying for all that knowledge you folks impart to me regularly.

Here's hoping for a great year of chatting and a World Series ring in 2004.

Thanks again,
Hoops

ZZ Thorn
5-Time All-Star

Postby ZZ Thorn » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:56 pm

Here here. Thanks for the scoops Hoops. Congrats!

Wow! What a gift Peel and Tim! A really great gift from guys who run a great site. Thank God I don't have to waste time on the Chicago Cubs or ESPN Cubs boards this season! This site has been a godsend in that regard. Keep doing a great job making this a great board for us Cub fans - thanks a lot.

Go Cubs!

JC
Superstar

Postby JC » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:08 pm

Hoops, not only do you deserve the ticket, but I can't think of another poster I would like to go. For selfish reasons, I think you are a great choice as will most likely be able to dig up even more info while at the convention.

Have a good time, my friend. Drop a little knowledge on us upon your return.

Enjoy the weekend.
Don't tell me how rough the water is, boys...just bring in the ship.--Steve Stone

Northwoods Fan
Role Player

Postby Northwoods Fan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:17 pm

Hoops, I just have to add that I agree with the honor given you, and I also agree with others that this is the most incredibly educational and stimulating board I have ever seen. I'm grateful. What other team has fans like this?

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:40 pm

Great Job Hoops!!!!

Dotzie
Starter

Postby Dotzie » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:50 am

Way to Go Hoops

MattyJLCC
Starter

Postby MattyJLCC » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:47 am

Congrats Hoops. Thanks for all the great stuff you bring to this board - great ideas, researched information, tons of articles that you dig up, and great insight about baseball.

Thanks also to Tim and Mark. This site is awesome. Its the first place I go every time I get online. I cant wait to see what the newest topic is or any "breaking news" that really happened concerning the cubbies. Its a great board, with real class and real great information.

ChiCubsFan
All-Star

Postby ChiCubsFan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:29 am

Who's this year's winner? It's been over a year
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:34 am

Jon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:34 am

tim told me that me and imb tied for second

sadly there was no prize for us

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:14 pm

I should have won the First Transaction contest, so I should get the prize.
Do it for Kent.

Return to “Honors”