NSBB.com/West Tenn Diamond Jaxx Partnership Announcement

Tim
Hall of Fame

NSBB.com/West Tenn Diamond Jaxx Partnership Announcement

Postby Tim » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:57 am

The Jaxx have been very good to us at NSBB. They were the first minor league franchise to give us press access, they have been great at lining up players for us, they have given us many shoutouts over their broadcast and even let one of us in the booth! In 2006, the Jaxx have already offered us press passes and access to the players after the games. We'll be able to continue and expand our interviews with the players and hopefully bring even more in-depth coverage of the team than last year.

But as we've been tracking all winter long in this forum, the Diamond Jaxx have had issues with the city of Jackson and have only recently found out for certain they would still be in West Tenn. As a result, they are scrambling a bit for sponsorships for the 2006 season.

I believe it is time for us to give something back to the Jaxx. NSBB is going to be signing up for a $1500 sponsorship to help out the team. However, with ad revenues low over the winter, the coffers a currently running a bit low. I am hoping that some members of the community will be willing to help. There have already been two generous offers of support from DJAXXFAN and 29yearsloyal. If anyone else is willing to contribute, please paypal the money through the link on the front page or send a check to the address listed there. Also please send me a PM to know that the contribution is going towards the "West Tenn Fund".

Thanks for your support!

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:19 am

Alright, that's three people helping out! Let's keep it going. 8)
Spoiler: show

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:49 am

I'm gonna give, but I have to wait for my new debit card to come.

USSoccer
Superstar

Postby USSoccer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:45 am

I'll be happy to donate after we close on our house!
Jay Cutler - "A Cat" - Jay Cutler is a cat.

Chris
Superstar

Re: West Tenn Diamond Jaxx Sponsorship

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:12 pm

To echo Tim's comments, the Diamond Jaxx have been very good to NSBB in many ways and continue to be good to us as we get close to the 2006 season. After a week of discussions with the Jaxx, a contract has been completed and forwarded to Tim for final approval. Details on this agreement will be made available once the agreement is made final.

This contract is very important in many ways. The key importance with this agreement is that we are able to thank the Jaxx with financial support. Due to the negotiations with the city, the Jaxx have not had as much time to sell advertisements, and thus they are behind. This contract is also important in that it will show the Cubs organization that we support the organizations within the system. This contract will benefit all of the users on the site in that it will increase exposure not only on NSBB, but exposure on players and teams throughout the Minor League system.

I would also like to echo Tim's appeal for financial help if at all possible. Whether a large or small contribution, every bit helps. The more money that can be raised by members of the site, the less financial burden there will be on the site, thus enabling the site to have the opportunity for more projects in the future. In addition, I encourage all of you to keep up with all of the opportunities there will be to support the organizations with their charitable efforts in 2006. Last year, lots of money was donated by NSBB members for fundraisers such as the Boy Scouts, National Guard, JDRF, MDA, and disaster relief efforts. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Chris
Superstar

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:54 pm

The deal is official! Below is the official press release from the Diamond Jaxx announcing the partnership between the Jaxx and NSBB for the 2006 season. A special thank you to everyone who helped to make this partnership possible and to the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx for their great relationship with us here at NSBB. In addition, thank you to all of you for making NSBB such a wonderful posting community. Be sure to follow the Diamond Jaxx and the Cubs Farm Report presented by Northsidebaseball.com by visiting the official website of the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx!

DIAMOND JAXX ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH NORTHSIDEBASEBALL.COM

(Jackson, TN)- The West Tenn Diamond Jaxx, the Class-AA Southern League affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, are pleased to announce a new partnership with one of the Cubs’ premier fan sites, northsidebaseball.com.

Northsidebaseball.com will be presenting the Chicago Cubs Farm Report during the pre-game portion of the Diamond Jaxx radio broadcast. The Report will be a live event, brought to the fans by the voice of the Diamond Jaxx, Ron Potesta, and will be heard on WNWS News/Talk 101.5 FM and on the internet at http://www.diamondjaxx.com.

“This is something that I have wanted to incorporate into the Diamond Jaxx broadcasts for some time,” says Potesta. “Now Cubs fans can get all the latest news on the minor league teams by listening to the Chicago Cubs Farm Report presented by northsidebaseball.com.”

A representative of northsidebaseball.com will also be assisting Ron Potesta on the air for one Diamond Jaxx home game during the 2006 season, allowing the site the equivalent of one three-hour commercial.

The West Tenn Diamond Jaxx are the “AA” Southern League Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, and play in the 6,000 seat Pringles Park located just off I-40 in Jackson, TN. For more information, call the Diamond Jaxx at (731) 988-5299 or log on to our website at http://www.diamondjaxx.com.

JaxxPR
bench player

Postby JaxxPR » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:59 am

The Diamond Jaxx wanted to publicly thank all of you here at NSBB for your kindness and support both in the past, as well as the upcoming season. You have been a great outlet to help us spread the word about our ballclub, and you have been very generous with your charitable donations and the new sponsorship.

We are proud of our partnership with NSBB, and we hope that all of you are proud of it as well. We hope to see some of you in April, and we know you will all be listening.

goony's evil twin
Hall of Fame

Postby goony's evil twin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:13 am

Why is this the first I've seen of this. I'll contribute.

Return to “FAQ”