Cubs Road Hotels and Transportation (Not updated for 2008-9)

karenmac
Starter

Re: Cubs Road Hotels and Transportation (Not updated for 2008)

Postby karenmac » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:22 am

they also sell them at Hohokam Park in the Spring Training gift stores.

RedIvyCub
Starter

Postby RedIvyCub » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 am

NCCubFan wrote:Last year the Cardinals and Giants stayed at the Ritz-Carlton (312-266-1000) and all other visiting teams stayed at the Westin (312-943-7200). No way of knowing whether that's still true this year since the Cubs stopped providing hotel information.

Close but no cigar.

And unless you are actually willing to pony up to stay at the team's hotel, don't bother going down there. Security is getting stricter and they will remove you from their property without proof that you are staying at the hotel.

spineguy
Role Player

Postby spineguy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:41 am

I have to say that I am from Chicago but not live in Cleveland..
Every year I drive to Pitt to see the Cubs and stay at their hotel..

It was like my own personal Cubs convention....I was in the lobby (after a 1/2 marathon) Players were coming down getting some food, some in the elevator..But after the game...many showed up at the bar and many were very nice...Got pictures with Sean Marshall, Eyre, Dempster, Blanco and Marmol...Also, Santo, Pat Hughes..
Of course my fav. Wood - came off the elevator and I got jammed up my the rent a cop...

However, Jim Hendry was absolutely the nicest funniest guy..
A couple of guys from Chicago were talking to him and one of their buddies is a SOX fan, so they asked him Hendry would call his cell phone and say something to him re: the Cubs..

It was really cool, he message said something to the fact that this is Jim Hendry of the Cubs and you as a fan have been traded to the northside...

I think I annoyed Eyre and Hendry as I had to buy them a drink each....after much ado - to shut me up, they agreed...

But all in all I think it was neat to sit in the lobby and see all of them....

I will say that they get bugged a lot and a few of the players would not even acknowledge a hello or good luck....but I understand..

karenmac
Starter

Re: Cubs Road Hotels and Transportation (Updated for 2007)

Postby karenmac » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:47 pm

karenmac wrote:I just got my Cub media guide in Mesa earlier this week, and couldn't find this section - it's usually there. Not sure if they had enough of a security concern to stop publishing. Perhaps I'm just missing it and NC will be able to find when he gets his.

My husband and I are headed to Toronto as well. We're staying at the Westin Harbour Castle - it's quite nice. When we were there a couple of summers ago, there was some pro team staying there, although can't be sure where the Cubs will go. We like it for the lake view and the easy (across the street) access to public transportation.

So, I can now confirm that the Cubs did, in fact, stay at the Westin Harbour Castle. Last Sunday night, it was pouring around dinner time, so we decided to just grab some food at the bar. In doing so, had a chance to see Pat Hughes, Scott Eyre, Reed Johnson, Matt Sinatro and Kosuke Fukudome. There were a few loud and obnoxious Cub fans hanging out with Eyre and it was funny because Kosuke saw that scene and ran for the elevators. Also saw Len and Ivan DeJesus in the elevators. We didn't bother the guys but it was certainly a great series to catch (and Toronto is fabulous). Still need to get my pics developed, but will post those in the Toronto thread that got posted elsewhere.

mdwilla
Starter

Postby mdwilla » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:15 am

anyone have any updates on where the Cubs stayed in Philly this year?

Return to “FAQ”