I'm also known as...

Tim
Hall of Fame

I'm also known as...

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:02 pm

I thought I'd start a thread where we could let everyone know if we used a different name on a different forum.

For instance, on the ChicagoCubs.com forum, I'm also known as SanClementeFan.

Feel free to post your own alter ego's here!

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Other Names

Postby NCCubFan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:23 pm

If TCF ever joins this board she can take up this entire subject by herself with all the different names she's used. :D

Tim
Hall of Fame

Re: Other Names

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:28 pm

NCCubbieFan wrote:If TCF ever joins this board she can take up this entire subject by herself with all the different names she's used. :D

Would TCF be the same as CubbieGirl74? Or is that someone else? I just can't keep up. :shock:

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:00 pm

No, they're different posters. TCF has also been known as ILuvKerry34, chcluvspitchin, and goinforthegoat, among other names. She's now WoodWonder34. Cubbiegirl74 is a completely different poster.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:01 pm

NCCubbieFan wrote:No, they're different posters. TCF has also been known as ILuvKerry34, chcluvspitchin, and goinforthegoat, among other names. She's now WoodWonder34. Cubbiegirl74 is a completely different poster.

Gotcha. If you read this girls, please forgive my mistake!

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:19 am

My earlier post is already out of date. TCF has a new name again. Now she's Cruz4Starter.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:49 am

NCCubbieFan wrote:My earlier post is already out of date. TCF has a new name again. Now she's Cruz4Starter.

:lol: How do you always know it's her? I used to be able to tell because she kept the graphics in her sig the same. Lately I can tell her "voice" sometimes, but it usually takes a couple of days before there's enough posts under the new name (and a lack of them under the old one) before I can even hazard a guess.

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:02 am

How do you always know it's her?

I only know it's her because she mentions who she is in one of her posts. Her screen name sometimes gives a hint too, because lately she's used the name of one of the Cub pitchers in her name.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

ZipDog
All-Star

Re: I'm also known as...

Postby ZipDog » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:06 pm

Tim wrote:I thought I'd start a thread where we could let everyone know if we used a different name on a different forum.

For instance, on the ChicagoCubs.com forum, I'm also known as SanClementeFan.

Feel free to post your own alter ego's here!

Well....I am just plain ol' Zip.....

;-)
Zip

ZipDog
All-Star

Postby ZipDog » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:54 pm

No, they're different posters. TCF has also been known as ILuvKerry34, chcluvspitchin, and goinforthegoat, among other names. She's now WoodWonder34. Cubbiegirl74 is a completely different poster.

Yeah, but we will know which one she is in NCAA football season!

Right!?!

She will have that Ohio State logo plastered everywhere.....heh-heh-heh.... :wink:
Zip

cubbiegirl74
Role Player

Don't Worry, SCF

Postby cubbiegirl74 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:11 am

Don't worry, SCF- since we're both Kristis (I think she's actually spelled Christy), I can see where the confusion would be! :wink:

By the way- great website and message board! I'm glad there's a place to come that isn't infested with a)trolls and b)ignoramuses (is that spelled correctly?!?) The negativity and snap judgments on there have been driving me crazy!

PS- How do I get a little picture in my "name" thingee on the left?

Admin

Re: Don't Worry, SCF

Postby 1908 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:21 am

cubbiegirl74 wrote:How do I get a little picture in my "name" thingee on the left?

Check out the two threads on avatars in the Site Suggestions forum.

cubbiegirl74
Role Player

Thanks 1908

Postby cubbiegirl74 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:43 am

Thanks 1908. I sent a couple icons to Tim to see if they could be added. :D
Cubbiegirl74 :)

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:13 am

cubbiegirl74 wrote:Don't worry, SCF- since we're both Kristis (I think she's actually spelled Christy), I can see where the confusion would be! :wink:

By the way- great website and message board! I'm glad there's a place to come that isn't infested with a)trolls and b)ignoramuses (is that spelled correctly?!?) The negativity and snap judgments on there have been driving me crazy!

PS- How do I get a little picture in my "name" thingee on the left?

Sorry about the Kristi confusion! :oops:

Thanks on the compliments. I was really getting tired of the mood of the Cubs message board. I'm going to do my best to keep things much...nicer around here. :D

cubbiegirl74
Role Player

Negative Nancys

Postby cubbiegirl74 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:31 am

Sorry about the Kristi confusion!

Thanks on the compliments. I was really getting tired of the mood of the Cubs message board. I'm going to do my best to keep things much...nicer around here.

I've gotten to the point where I don't want to go on the board because all the negative threads just get me down and irritated at people...and I want to be a happy person! :D

Thanks for the icons, by the way!
Cubbiegirl74 :)

Tim
Hall of Fame

Re: Negative Nancys

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:32 am

cubbiegirl74 wrote:Thanks for the icons, by the way!

No sweat!

PitchingGirl
Role Player

Postby PitchingGirl » Thu May 01, 2003 12:00 am

Hi SCF. I'm also known as TCF and countless other names. :roll:

Borgie
All-Star

Postby Borgie » Thu May 01, 2003 12:21 am

Hi, I'm borgie and well I'm also known as Borgie on MLB.com, as well as many other boards baseball and nonbaseball. Alot of my friends even call me borgie, back from my old bbs days.
of course some on mlb.com call me other things, but I won't go into that :oops:

muskie
Starter

Postby muskie » Thu May 01, 2003 7:58 am

I'll let you all guess who I am on the Cubs board. Hard, isn't it? :wink:

Actually, I'm "muskie" almost everywhere on the net, and, like borgie, even "muskie" to many of my friends. it's a reference to the fish, which comes from a bit of very-long-ago humor between a friend and myself that I couldn't even begin to explain (and not from any fishing prowess of mine). The joking around happened to occur on the day I first borrowed a modem from someone and logged myself onto a BBS-- "muskie" has been my moniker ever since.

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Mon May 05, 2003 4:54 am

Glad to hear I'm not the only mono-personality guy on this board. I am wvcbxl on all message boards where I participate.
I do have admiration for those of us who can manage more than one ID, I just find it hard to keep track sometimes.

satxcubfan
Starter

Postby satxcubfan » Tue May 06, 2003 7:39 am

Hi, I'm "satxcubfan" on the cubs.com message board. I also used to go by the name: "agrotech" wayyy back when the MB's weren't ran by MLB.

brinoch
5-Time All-Star

Postby brinoch » Tue May 06, 2003 6:54 pm

Tim wrote:Thanks on the compliments. I was really getting tired of the mood of the Cubs message board. I'm going to do my best to keep things much...nicer around here. :D

Please do! I think its one of the attractive things about the site. I hate to leave some of the other posters behind, but the Cubs.com forum has gotten out of hand. Winning clearly doesn't agree with some Cubs fans.

Hopefully, we can keep things positive.

Anyway, I was brinoch on the old forum and I'm brinoch on this forum. My real name is Doug Moore, and I live in Bethesda, Maryland. In case there are other East coast Cubbies on the forum, my wife and I will be at the Cubs-Orioles game on June 16th!

brinoch

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue May 06, 2003 6:56 pm

brinoch wrote:Please do! I think its one of the attractive things about the site. I hate to leave some of the other posters behind, but the Cubs.com forum has gotten out of hand. Winning clearly doesn't agree with some Cubs fans.
brinoch

I don't mind if someone is pessimistic about the Cubs chances or a particular player. I just don't like the irrational flaming that goes on over there.

Jehrico
5-Time All-Star

Postby Jehrico » Tue May 06, 2003 9:08 pm

Tim wrote:I thought I'd start a thread where we could let everyone know if we used a different name on a different forum.

I prefer not to say. I'm starting anew, I don't want anyone connecting me with my old moniker back on the evil board... :wink:

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue May 06, 2003 9:09 pm

Jehrico wrote:I prefer not to say. I'm starting anew, I don't want anyone connecting me with my old moniker back on the evil board... :oops:

:lol: Gotcha. We promise not to pry!

Return to “FAQ”