I'm also known as...

ZipDog
All-Star

Postby ZipDog » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:49 pm

Man! I surely hope Coach Knight doesn't leave Lubbock!

Everybody knows I am a Texas alum....and, I bleed Texas Orange.

But, at the same time, I **LOVE** Texas Tech basketball! Coach has put Lubbock on the map...and, even though Tech football has given my Horns fits over the last decade, I pull for Red Raider everything....except, of course, when they play UT.....

Go Bobby!
Zip

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:00 pm

I am a refugee from the ESPN.com boards as well (name was UMFan83 as well....for the Michigan Wolverines). I pretty much missed the entire wastra, goony, uk, etc. days. I started posting there around March 2003 but by October got so sick of davemason, cardsukk, BBS, twinsfan and various astros, white sox and cards trolls, that finding this site (can't remember how) was an amazing find during the playoffs.

Thank you guys for many great discussions in the past and into the future. I want to be involved in the inevitable "CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!" thead on this board

jkrapfl
Role Player

Postby jkrapfl » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:15 am

I was jkrapfl on the ESPN board. I never posted much there and I believe this is my first post here, but I always enjoyed reading the in-depth analysis from guys like Goony, UK, Raw, Vsah, etc. whenever possible. That board is now a complete joke, overrun with trolls from various boards and the ones that call themselves Cub fans are not worth engaging in conversation with (i.e. Davemason, ByeByeSammy/Corey, etc).

CuseCubFan69
Hall of Fame

Postby CuseCubFan69 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:18 am

jkrapfl wrote:I was jkrapfl on the ESPN board. I never posted much there and I believe this is my first post here, but I always enjoyed reading the in-depth analysis from guys like Goony, UK, Raw, Vsah, etc. whenever possible. That board is now a complete joke, overrun with trolls from various boards and the ones that call themselves Cub fans are not worth engaging in conversation with (i.e. Davemason, ByeByeSammy/Corey, etc).

Welcome to the forum jkrapfl!
Greg Robinson and his gang of would be tacklers
SOS Save Our Syracuse Fire Robinson
Go Cubs

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:33 am

jkrapfl wrote:I was jkrapfl on the ESPN board. I never posted much there and I believe this is my first post here, but I always enjoyed reading the in-depth analysis from guys like Goony, UK, Raw, Vsah, etc. whenever possible. That board is now a complete joke, overrun with trolls from various boards and the ones that call themselves Cub fans are not worth engaging in conversation with (i.e. Davemason, ByeByeSammy/Corey, etc).

Welcome!

Mizzou
Superstar

Postby Mizzou » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:16 am

What's up Cubs fans. I'm mizzou from cubs.com. I got sick of being banned so many unwarranted times, so I finally made my way over here.

sandberg23
5-Time All-Star

Postby sandberg23 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:14 pm

Hey...fairly new to this board but really appreciate it. I post under the same moniker at cubs.com - sandberg23. I am really getting sick of that board and frequent this board much more often. Props to all those who keep it up and running smoothly. Look forward to reading and posting more as the days go on.
"I don't know what it feels like to be considered among the greatest who ever lived and I don't know if I ever will. I have too much respect for the game and for the players who played it before me to think anything like that." - Ryne Sandberg, January 4, 2005

"But Harry, who was a huge supporter of mine, used to say how nice it is that a guy who can hit 40 homers or steal 50 bases drive in a hundred runs is the best bunter on the team. Nice? That was my job. When did it become okay for someone to hit home runs and forget how to play the rest of the game?" - Ryne Sandberg, July 31, 2005

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:46 pm

Well, mine is pretty easy. I'm vance_the_cubs_fan at ESPN as well.

Too Tall
All-Star

Postby Too Tall » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:50 am

Also known as Ben_dumont or Fewer_98 on misc. websites

delroy lindo
All-Star

Postby delroy lindo » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:32 am

I, uh, I went by Rumeal_Robinson (the real deal from Mandeville) over at ESPN back in the day, until it was overrun by Johnnie LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Boiler and Dom "Secret Internet Ninja" Mansone. The board was never the same when Jon Koncack, Keith Smart, and Sam Bowie left.

delroy lindo
All-Star

Postby delroy lindo » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:46 am

BTW, is Gabe Sollecito our closer yet???

!

MembersOnlyJacket
All-Star

Postby MembersOnlyJacket » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:21 am

delroy lindo wrote:I, uh, I went by Rumeal_Robinson (the real deal from Mandeville) over at ESPN back in the day, until it was overrun by Johnnie LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Boiler and Dom "Secret Internet Ninja" Mansone. The board was never the same when Jon Koncack, Keith Smart, and Sam Bowie left.

Rumor has it that Jon Kontract Koncak finally ran out of $1 bills in recent months.

He is pleased with the acquisition of Twon Walkah and looks forward to grabbing his choice seat at Phillips Arena whenever he can.

!
Every Saturday is a Championship Game - Paul Johnson

delroy lindo
All-Star

Postby delroy lindo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:19 pm

I'm hoping Patrick Ewing Jr. will ride with us to the Gold Club in Atlanta during our Fall trip to see Auburn-Alabama football.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:21 am

delroy lindo wrote:I, uh, I went by Rumeal_Robinson (the real deal from Mandeville) over at ESPN back in the day, until it was overrun by Johnnie LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Boiler and Dom "Secret Internet Ninja" Mansone. The board was never the same when Jon Koncack, Keith Smart, and Sam Bowie left.

Keith Smart was so gracious to take time out of coaching the Fort Wayne Fury to post at ESPN. Somebody in the NBA seriously dropped the ball on not making him their franchise player.

:wink:

BTW, I want a Sam Bowie throwback jersey!

Jake17
Starter

Postby Jake17 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:52 pm

On cubs.com I used to go by the name Jake17. Now you can find my interesting and elightening, or boring and useless thoughts posted on NSBB as Jake17.
"It's hard to play shortstop without a face." - Steve Stone

UK
Superstar

Postby UK » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:09 pm

Portland's jerseys have not changed that much, just wear different shorts than the ones in the pic.

Once I left the Kentucky Basketball Radio Network, I now raise some horses and some farming, my schedule is hectic.

Cubsfan Beard Sauce
Starter

Postby Cubsfan Beard Sauce » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:39 pm

over on the cubs.com board i'm "prior24wins" but i never use that.
member of the Michael Barrett bandWGN
member of the Mike Remlinger bandWGN
member of the Kent Merker bandWGN
member of the Jason Dubois bandWGN
member of the Neifi Perez bandWGN
GO COBS :D

founder of the Tree, Rocket, Raisin, Cubsfan alliance
formerly Cubsfan4234toAK

auggiedoggie
Starter

Postby auggiedoggie » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:25 am

At the Cards forum on the STL Post Dispatch I'm known as MrCub69 for Ernie Banks and the heart-breaking season of 69.
Steve Stone is unfair to Local 12 -
Villians, Thieves and Scoundrels Union :twisted:

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:37 pm

Hey everyone, I am an espn transplant as well. I have read/ occasionally posted there for probably 3 or 4 years and I remember all of you guys very well. I posted a lot when all the sammy for soriano rumors abounded. I am extremely happy I finally made my way over here because as most people have pointed out the espn boards are awful these days. Anyone remember AndytheClown who posted before the season started quite a bit? Boy did he irk me.

oh yeah by the way I was woodstyle20 over there.

fiver
All-Star

Postby fiver » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:19 pm

Hi Everyone....I posted on the ESPN board on occasion and went by the moniker "GetBusyLivingorGetBusyDying". Yes, I'm a fan of The Shawshank Redemption.

I haven't posted too much here because of time constraints, but I would like to thank Tim and others for putting together this site and making sure that most posts here are insightful and articulate. I'm a project manager for a software company currently, but I've done web design in the past and can appreciate the effort involved.

Thanks again, and let's pick up a high profile free agent or two.

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:26 pm

Fiver wrote:Hi Everyone....I posted on the ESPN board on occasion and went by the moniker "GetBusyLivingorGetBusyDying". Yes, I'm a fan of The Shawshank Redemption.

I haven't posted too much here because of time constraints, but I would like to thank Tim and others for putting together this site and making sure that most posts here are insightful and articulate. I'm a project manager for a software company currently, but I've done web design in the past and can appreciate the effort involved.

Thanks again, and let's pick up a high profile free agent or two.

Welcome to the forum. I know you will like it here.

Coach C
5-Time All-Star

Postby Coach C » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:26 am

This is the only Cubs forum that I currently post, and most likely THE only one, because I enjoy my time here. How I found this, I found this site from google search, and just observed a few other sites, until I came to this one, and I enjoyed reading the game threads. That's one of the reasons why I joined this site, along with baseball discussions with other members of this board. Looking back to it, I'm very happy that I joined this board.

As for other usernames if anyone ever want to checkout:

http://www.chiefzhuddle.com - Coach C I am a administrater on that site, and I frequently go there often.

http://www.wildbillschiefs.com - Coach C I am a member on that board and I frequently go there often as well.

That's about the only boards I participate. :D

PRIORity22
bench player

Postby PRIORity22 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:14 pm

On Cubs.com, my original name was PRIORity22, but they banned that one a lonnnggg time ago, so now I am known as centerfieldbabe.

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:18 pm

PRIORity22 wrote:On Cubs.com, my original name was PRIORity22, but they banned that one a lonnnggg time ago, so now I am known as centerfieldbabe.
Of course, if you listed ALL the names you had due to your bannings, it would be the longest post ever. :wink:

Note to all: I'm familiar with her from when I still occasionally posted on cubs.com, and she didn't deserve to get banned. I myself got banned several times around the same time.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

Roast
Maximo Ali

Postby Roast » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:20 pm

NCCubbieFan wrote: I myself got banned several times around the same time.

Ban this troll. :evil:
Follow me on Twitter @MidwayJME

Return to “FAQ”