I'm also known as...

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm also known as...

Postby NCCubFan » Tue May 06, 2003 10:01 pm

Jehrico wrote:I prefer not to say. I'm starting anew, I don't want anyone connecting me with my old moniker back on the evil board... :wink:

Unfortunately the secret's out. We all know that your screen name on the other board is Hogcard8. :twisted:
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Wed May 07, 2003 1:52 pm

NCCubbieFan wrote:Unfortunately the secret's out. We all know that your screen name on the other board is Hogcard8. :twisted:

Now you've effectively ruined this board for me (j/k) I was hoping this would be a place I'd never have to see that name.

(BTW) I was wood on the cubs.com board

Jehrico
5-Time All-Star

Postby Jehrico » Fri May 09, 2003 6:44 pm

NCCubbieFan wrote:
Jehrico wrote:I prefer not to say. I'm starting anew, I don't want anyone connecting me with my old moniker back on the evil board... :wink:

Unfortunately the secret's out. We all know that your screen name on the other board is Hogcard8. :twisted:

SSHHHHH!!!! Don't tell anyone else!

Naw, I couldn't be hoggy. If I were him, I would have shot myself long ago, and wouldn't physically be capable of being here typing on my 'puter here today...lol

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Re: Don't Worry, SCF

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Fri May 16, 2003 7:19 am

I don't mind if someone is pessimistic about the Cubs chances or a particular player. I just don't like the irrational flaming that goes on over there.

What do you mean, irrational flaming. You must be some kind of loser. Just like the rest of the Cubs. They stink now and they'll always stink. You want proof? Here's proof; I said so.

OK, so I just wanted to be the first to poke fun at the "irrational flaming" comment. I've been posting on Cubs.com for almost two years. Posters flame away when the team is winning, losing, rained out or otherwise. Most of it is pretty laughable, but some of it is also truly sad.

I'll keep posting there, but I like the looks of your board, Tim. You'll probably be getting most of my opinions, for better or worse.

GlassCow
All-Star

Postby GlassCow » Mon May 19, 2003 11:06 am

Tim wrote:I thought I'd start a thread where we could let everyone know if we used a different name on a different forum.

For instance, on the ChicagoCubs.com forum, I'm also known as SanClementeFan.

Feel free to post your own alter ego's here!

I'm GlassCow, the one and only. Alternative names in real and internet life range from "GC" to "Cow" to "Glass" to "Northsider" to Glasgow (my real last name.) A few brave individuals have even taken to dupping me "The Brittle Bovine". You know who you are, SCF and Davee. ;)
"Rooting for the Cubs, I imagine, must be a lot like rooting for Wile E. Coyote: the question isn't whether or not you'll experience soul-searing heartbreak, but rather when and to what degree." - Larry Dobrow

UK
Superstar

Postby UK » Mon May 19, 2003 2:07 pm

I'm just a transplant from a diff. message board (non-cubs.com) that has really proceeded to become ridiculous.

cubbieinexile
All-Star

Postby cubbieinexile » Mon May 19, 2003 11:21 pm

It's not that bad over there.

But let me guess was it RossCW that finally pushed you away? What was your monicer over there?

isuquinndog
Role Player

Postby isuquinndog » Tue May 20, 2003 2:16 pm

I use this name on every message board I post on. The only other Cubs one I post on is cubstalk.

UK
Superstar

Postby UK » Tue May 20, 2003 3:12 pm

Exile, I don't know if that addressed to me but, I've never posted at Cubs.com.

cubbieinexile
All-Star

Postby cubbieinexile » Tue May 20, 2003 3:16 pm

I wasn't talking about Cubs.com. I was guessing that you were talking about Baseball Primer.

UK
Superstar

Postby UK » Tue May 20, 2003 3:29 pm

Nope, that is a solid message board as well.

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Sat May 31, 2003 7:49 am

Another transplant from a non-Cubs.com message board that has become borderline ridiculous.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Tehmpus
Starter

Postby Tehmpus » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:39 am

Some of you might know me from a different board of which I posted 4 or 5 years.

But most of you probably have no idea who that Tehmpus character is.

heh
So Sayeth the God of WAR!

Bull
Formerly MrWood

TIM

Postby Bull » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:59 pm

Tim wrote: I am called TIM *BOOM...BANG...KA-POW

Every time I see your a post from "tim" (I still think you should go by MarkTwain) I think of the Monty Python character...the wizard TIM.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Re: TIM

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:25 pm

MrWood wrote:

Every time I see your a post from "tim" (I still think you should go by MarkTwain) I think of the Monty Python character...the wizard TIM.

What's your favorite color?

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Re: TIM

Postby Bull » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:35 pm

Tim wrote:
MrWood wrote:

What's your favorite color?

Uh...uh...I don't know?!? AHHHHHHhhhhhh.......

rfsucks
Role Player

Postby rfsucks » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:52 pm

My name on this and all other boards is rfsucks
Some have mistaken this as a slap at our current right fielder.
Nothing could be farther from the truth
It is merely what the left field bleacher bums yell at me and my right field brothers as we sit and enjoy ball games in the church called Wrigley.
If I ment to impune our current right fielder my name would be rfcorks.
Ha.
rf

Tehmpus
Starter

Postby Tehmpus » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:03 am

Tim...

When the wizard says his name in the movie it almost sounds like he's asking a question. His best part is when he's describing the monster and says "Look at the bones, man!" in trying to impinge caution on the knights when they see the supposedly "harmless little bunny rabbit"

Also, I've noticed a while lot of heaped praises on you for creating the site and doing a great job maintaining it and such. Aren't you getting a bit tired of the constant compliments by now? I know I would be if it were me. I mean after all that licking... your boots have to be clean by now. heh. Besides, shouldn't we expect good work from SanClementeFan.. to expect less would be an insult.

L8rs... come visit the WarZone.
So Sayeth the God of WAR!

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:22 am

Tehmpus wrote:Tim...

When the wizard says his name in the movie it almost sounds like he's asking a question. His best part is when he's describing the monster and says "Look at the bones, man!" in trying to impinge caution on the knights when they see the supposedly "harmless little bunny rabbit"

Also, I've noticed a while lot of heaped praises on you for creating the site and doing a great job maintaining it and such. Aren't you getting a bit tired of the constant compliments by now? I know I would be if it were me. I mean after all that licking... your boots have to be clean by now. heh. Besides, shouldn't we expect good work from SanClementeFan.. to expect less would be an insult.

L8rs... come visit the WarZone.

Hard to believe that movie didn't get more votes as one of the top five of all time!

I have to admit, the good words never grow old!

grrrrlacher
Role Player

Postby grrrrlacher » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:10 pm

I was chrisdl on ESPN. I think that was the ridiculous board UK was talking about. Used to be good a year or so ago, but this year it is just bad. I think I have been grrrrlacher everywhere else. That's with 4 Rs. Let there be no imposters.
"You know winning. It's like better than loooosing." - Nuke Laloosh

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:38 pm

For anyone who has reservations about jumping to any conclusions, I was once (and still am) known as bobskeeper (later BobsKeeper) on the cubs.com board. However, I don't post there very often anymore. This site has given most others a sort of "brain drain," taking away the best and most interesting posters, it seems.

HenDog
Role Player

Postby HenDog » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:42 pm

Serena wrote:I'm Serena00 on the Cubs board. Serena had been taken.

I'm Laura on whatifsports.com. That wasn't taken. :D

Whatifsports.com is a great website.

GaryWoods
All-Star

Postby GaryWoods » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:13 pm

I used to post regularly on the cubs.com board; but since there's so little decent baseball discussion over there any more, most of my recent comments on that forum have been smart-arse replies to really stupid posts. :twisted:

So I think I'll keep my alter-ego anonymous so that "newbie" posters to both boards won't judge me based on some of my posts over there. Veterans of that board have probably figured out who I am, anyway.

AI
All-Star

Postby AI » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:54 pm

Gary, I do the same as you on cubs.com. However, I do not mind revealing that I am skipLXA on the cubs.com board.

rookiecmon
Starter

Postby rookiecmon » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:08 am

I'm known as rookiecmon in cubs board but nobody would knew me due to I'm a new cubs fan. I'm pure blood Korean lives in Seoul, Korea and previously I posted several messages there. Although I liked Chicago Bears football team several years ago, Actually I didn't bearly knew about the cubs. Sorry. But I think myself a cubs fan now. My little wishes? Someday I visit the Wrigley field in first time and shouting loudly "GO CUBS" with cubs fans there. It would be nice if the games be against the Cardinals.

Return to “FAQ”