I'm also known as...

sweetpeteman
5-Time All-Star

Postby sweetpeteman » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:28 pm

Im pretty much sweetpeteman at all the sporting forums

at gaming forums im mercutio or sweetpeteman

and in WolfET, im DisasterPants (Look! Its Captain Disaster Pants!)

JC
Superstar

Postby JC » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:31 pm

wastra wrote:My username at the horrid ESPN board was...

wastra.

Pretty easy to remember. Looks like I won't be hosting any online fantasy leagues this year. My firm's new internet policy says no games, so I can't access the fantasy forums on ESPN or Yahoo. And I went and cancelled my home phone line and started using a cell phone instead.

Wastra, ya lurker, I haven't heard from you in a long time. The few times I've checked out ESPN, I haven't even seen you wading through the trolls. Busy working?
Don't tell me how rough the water is, boys...just bring in the ship.--Steve Stone

wastra
All-Star

Postby wastra » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:38 pm

Hey, JC!

Actually, my company stopped allowing access to post on that forum, so I'm here now. I don't post as often, it's been very busy at work, though.

JC
Superstar

Postby JC » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:43 pm

wastra wrote:Hey, JC!

Actually, my company stopped allowing access to post on that forum, so I'm here now. I don't post as often, it's been very busy at work, though.

Well, I really hope you start feeling more comfortable here soon. Once you get used to the format, its a great place and your comments could certainly add to an already knowledgable base here.
Don't tell me how rough the water is, boys...just bring in the ship.--Steve Stone

grassbass
All-Star

Postby grassbass » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:30 am

wastra.

Pretty easy to remember. Looks like I won't be hosting any online fantasy leagues this year. My firm's new internet policy says no games, so I can't access the fantasy forums on ESPN or Yahoo. And I went and cancelled my home phone line and started using a cell phone instead.

Wastra,

How's it going? I was bmswick on the espn board. I read a lot of the posts here, but don't post very often.

It's amazing how bad that other board is these days. It's not the same without you, sorrygm, Knightlife, goony, V, UK, raw and some of the other former regulars.

BadKermit
All-Star

Postby BadKermit » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:29 pm

I think I'll finally bite.

I was Muellerlite at cubs.com, because Billy is one of my favorite ballplayers, and was thrilled the Cubs had him. When Bill left, I was Hee Hate Me for about 4 posts. At that point, the board was out of control, and I didn't last much longer there.

When I first came here, I was CubsInFive, but then I saw someone else had a similar name, and changed it (with the help of Papa Tim) to BadKermit. I think I'm pretty much BadKermit or Cubsfan1978 everywhere now.
"Right now, the echoes are sitting up in bed, absolutely shouting."
-Frank Deford

Fire Dusty Baker!

Wilson A2000
5-Time All-Star

Postby Wilson A2000 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:03 pm

I am humdinger on ESPN.com

TXCubsFan
Starter

Postby TXCubsFan » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:36 am

I'm Cub_Fan2689 on the ESPN.com message boards.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:48 am

TXCubsFan wrote:I'm Cub_Fan2689 on the ESPN.com message boards.

YOU STALKER! Those are the last 4 digits of my phone number. Are you gonna get my zip code and address next?!?!?

TXCubsFan
Starter

Postby TXCubsFan » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:12 am

rawaction wrote:

YOU STALKER! Those are the last 4 digits of my phone number. Are you gonna get my zip code and address next?!?!?

I know where you live, I know where you work, and I know which messages board you frequent. :wink:

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:43 am

TXCubsFan wrote:
rawaction wrote:

I know where you live, I know where you work, and I know which messages board you frequent. :wink:

NOOOOOOOOOO! 8-[

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:05 pm

rawaction wrote:
TXCubsFan wrote:
rawaction wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO! 8-[
Big Brother knows everything about you. :D
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

satxcubfan
Starter

Postby satxcubfan » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:31 am

rawaction wrote:
TXCubsFan wrote:
rawaction wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO! 8-[

Gotta watch out for those guys in Austin!

Sam Studebaker
Starter

Postby Sam Studebaker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:25 am

On most other boards I was "Sam I Am" but that was taken about half the time so now I pretty much stick with Sam Studebaker
"This ain't football. We do this every day."
Earl Weaver

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star
Location: Waiting for the SAT scores and graduation rates to plummet now the Kelvin is coming.

Re: I was/am

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:23 am

Burtonbell wrote:Burtonbell on the ESPN.com board.

I remember the Farm Reports with rawaction, goony's tirades on the Baylor being an idiot (who wouldnt agree with him there?), Beerheres commentary during the games (STEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!), Vsaj's great insight on the minor leagues, wastra invite to his fantays baseball league, and UK & Knightlife always bringing up friggin college basketball and pissin everyone off because they could talk about that for days and bring everyone in on it. Good Times. Good Times. LOL

ESPN.com Cubs Board is just Jackassical now!

Thanks Wastra if you read this, and thanks Tim for a great site!

Wow I got a mention (a tear forms).

KiL here and ESPN may be KiC if coach moves to Ohio St.

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star
Location: Waiting for the SAT scores and graduation rates to plummet now the Kelvin is coming.

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:25 am

wastra.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Man I held out for your league and finally joined PapaBear's league. Get a shot at quite a few of the elder statesmen from the old board in that one.

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:28 am

Wastra,

How's it going? I was bmswick on the espn board. I read a lot of the posts here, but don't post very often.

It's amazing how bad that other board is these days. It's not the same without you, sorrygm, Knightlife, goony, V, UK, raw and some of the other former regulars.[/quote]

What's up bmswick? You're right no one is left over there. You still in DC area??[/quote]

JC
Superstar

Postby JC » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:36 am

Knightlife_in_Lubbock wrote: KiL here and ESPN may be KiC if coach moves to Ohio St.

Are you serious? I hadn't heard this at all.

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:41 am

JC wrote:
Knightlife_in_Lubbock wrote: KiL here and ESPN may be KiC if coach moves to Ohio St.

Oh the trolls on the TT board tend to keep bringing up one or 2 articles that were written that indicate that Coach wants to go back. Of course no one has talked to him about it. Would LOOOOOOOVVVVE to see it though.

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:42 am

JC wrote:

Maybe it will have to be KiWL????? You know Keady's leaving.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:15 am

Knightlife_in_Lubbock wrote:
JC wrote:

KIL! Welcome! Nice to see you and Wastra both here!

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:45 am

tadowdaddy wrote:
JC wrote:

What's up TD? It is nice to be back amongst knowledgable fans.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:03 pm

tadowdaddy wrote:
JC wrote:

Indeed it is! This place rocks! You really think he will leave TT? I doubt it, although earlier in the year I wouldn't have been surprised. Im just waiting for Wooly to get us turned around. He has brought in the talent, but the damn triangle is killing us!

Knightlife_in_Lubbock
All-Star

Postby Knightlife_in_Lubbock » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:08 pm

tadowdaddy wrote:
tadowdaddy wrote:
JC wrote:

Indeed it is! This place rocks! You really think he will leave TT? I doubt it, although earlier in the year I wouldn't have been surprised. Im just waiting for Wooly to get us turned around. He has brought in the talent, but the damn triangle is killing us!

No I really don't think the General is going anywhere. He has an AD that backs him, and good RC coming in, and a team that has been constructed by him. I would love for him to come back to the midwest but I don't see that happening.

The Big 12 as a whole has gotten better/getting better over the past couple of seasons. There seems to be less "gimme" games now.

ZipDog
All-Star

Postby ZipDog » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:49 pm

Man! I surely hope Coach Knight doesn't leave Lubbock!

Everybody knows I am a Texas alum....and, I bleed Texas Orange.

But, at the same time, I **LOVE** Texas Tech basketball! Coach has put Lubbock on the map...and, even though Tech football has given my Horns fits over the last decade, I pull for Red Raider everything....except, of course, when they play UT.....

Go Bobby!
Zip

Return to “FAQ”