Re: Wrigley Renovation Thread

Postby XZero77 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:That and Quaker State

I thought it was this

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 pm

David wrote:well yeah, i'm 32...but i think some of the people talking are in that range

I'm 39 and I don't have problems with any of these things. Maybe it will hit hard next birthday? :-k

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Proven Veteran wrote:
David wrote:well yeah, i'm 32...but i think some of the people talking are in that range

I'm 39 and I don't have problems with any of these things. Maybe it will hit hard next birthday? :-k

Depends. Generally, when that little voice in my head says "you should probably slow down", I listen. Always have. If you generally tell that voice "[expletive] off", you'll probably pay for it

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm temporarily working a couple overnight shifts a week until the end of the month; 9 PM-5:30 AM and I am just DEAD after doing it. I keep thinking back to just 10 years ago when it seemed like I would stay up like that all the damn time and I could just sleep it off no problem. I get home at little after 6 AM, feeling like death, pass out, and then I'm up again at noon with my body refusing to sleep no matter how tired I am. It's a real garbage situation.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I'm temporarily working a couple overnight shifts a week until the end of the month; 9 PM-5:30 AM and I am just DEAD after doing it. I keep thinking back to just 10 years ago when it seemed like I would stay up like that all the damn time and I could just sleep it off no problem. I get home at little after 6 AM, feeling like death, pass out, and then I'm up again at noon with my body refusing to sleep no matter how tired I am. It's a real garbage situation.

The only reason I can't do that now is that my kids won't let me sleep much past 7 on the weekends.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:33 pm

I'm napping off a midday wine tasting and fully expect to be a zombie at dinner.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I drank like most college kids, never affected me. Did that thru mid 20's. Settled down, went years without "tying one on". Got hammered one day/night a few years back and woke up with the worst feeling I'd ever had. To my dismay, the following morning wasn't all that better. If I ever get drunk again, I'm a complete idiot.
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I'm temporarily working a couple overnight shifts a week until the end of the month; 9 PM-5:30 AM and I am just DEAD after doing it. I keep thinking back to just 10 years ago when it seemed like I would stay up like that all the damn time and I could just sleep it off no problem. I get home at little after 6 AM, feeling like death, pass out, and then I'm up again at noon with my body refusing to sleep no matter how tired I am. It's a real garbage situation.

They're asking some people on my team to do some overnights in the next few months, and I just can't.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Derwood wrote:

They're asking some people on my team to do some overnights in the next few months, and I just can't.

I remember jumping at the opportunity to do overnights with the jobs I had in my 20's. And working until like 2-3 AM and then going out afterwards and not sleeping until the next night. Or the day after that. Or the night after that. Now I get tired just thinking about it.

"Oh, I have to be up at 6 for work? OK, as long as I'm asleep by 4 I'll be fine." Now I'm just dead to the world regardless of when I went to sleep with something like that.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:

I remember jumping at the opportunity to do overnights with the jobs I had in my 20's. And working until like 2-3 AM and then going out afterwards and not sleeping until the next night. Or the day after that. Or the night after that. Now I get tired just thinking about it.

"Oh, I have to be up at 6 for work? OK, as long as I'm asleep by 4 I'll be fine." Now I'm just dead to the world regardless of when I went to sleep with something like that.

It's all the 22 year olds who are volunteering for the overnights, and Len bless them. I'll stick to my morning shifts

Thurman Merman
Role Player

Postby Thurman Merman » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:27 pm

I may be an anomaly, but even when I was a little kid, if I did not get at least 8 hours of good sleep, I was a zombie. Having a kid is testing that, but most nights I still manage to get about 8 hours, and if I dont I just feel like [expletive] the next day.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Thurman Merman wrote:I may be an anomaly, but even when I was a little kid, if I did not get at least 8 hours of good sleep, I was a zombie. Having a kid is testing that, but most nights I still manage to get about 8 hours, and if I dont I just feel like [expletive] the next day.

The only times I get 8 uninterrupted is when vacationing w/o them.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:08 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Thurman Merman wrote:I may be an anomaly, but even when I was a little kid, if I did not get at least 8 hours of good sleep, I was a zombie. Having a kid is testing that, but most nights I still manage to get about 8 hours, and if I dont I just feel like [expletive] the next day.

Kid or no, I only get 8 straight hours if I'm medicated in some way. I only need about 7 and I'm good.
I like beer.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:25 am

6-7 is what I'm used to. Even when I'm on vacation I'm usually up before 8

George Hayduke
Starter

Postby George Hayduke » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:27 am

mul21 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Kid or no, I only get 8 straight hours if I'm medicated in some way. I only need about 7 and I'm good.

This is me. Unless I'm just overtired or something, on a normal day I can't sleep more than 6 1/2 or 7 hours. My body just won't let me. I've always been like that.

JennieGarthAlgar
Starter

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:02 am

Hearing people talk about how much sleep they get is about as exciting as hearing about their dreams.

P.S. I get about 5.5-6.5

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:10 am

I really don't lake for total hours of sleep generally, 7-8, but I just can't sleep in on the weekends anymore. 7am usually is about it. 8am is really sleeping in! And it's all my son's fault. He turns 9 in a few weeks, so it's not like I need to sleep lightly anymore, but somehow I've never managed to sleep in after he was born.

Pushfrog98
All-Star

Postby Pushfrog98 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Looks like The rooftop owners are trying to amend the failed lawsuit: http://www.bleachernation.com/2015/10/2 ... d-lawsuit/

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 am

Pushfrog98 wrote:Looks like The rooftop owners are trying to amend the failed lawsuit: http://www.bleachernation.com/2015/10/2 ... d-lawsuit/

But do they get hangovers?

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:46 am

https://twitter.com/arielfab/status/661194822011789316

To me this would seem to signal that they're doing the facade restoration work this offseason, which, [expletive] YEAH. That's one of my favorite parts of the whole thing.

J.R.
5-Time All-Star

Postby J.R. » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Plainly demonstrates how easily they would have swapped in the "CHICAGO BEARS" panels back in the day. Seems that would have been very innovative for its day.

SheffieldBoy
Role Player

Postby SheffieldBoy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:27 pm

the marquee is down
20151102_173446.jpg

And all the sod is gone already too in case anyone is interested in that

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:48 pm

I read some story about a tourist visiting from Pittsburgh wanted to take a picture in front of the marquee a few hours ago and walked around the ballpark twice looking for it before realizing it was taken down.
Dare to dream....

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Imagine Keith Hernandez without the mustache

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:48 pm

J.R. wrote:Plainly demonstrates how easily they would have swapped in the "CHICAGO BEARS" panels back in the day. Seems that would have been very innovative for its day.

i never really thought of this, so i was a little confused by this comment at first. however, i did find this

did they replace the entire marquee? that was the best pic i could find
:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

Return to “Cubs Discussions”