Addison Russell is awesome and deserves a thread

StylesClash
Role Player

Re: Addison Russell is awesome and deserves a thread

Postby StylesClash » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:25 am

So what's a realistic slash line for 2016? Unless Russell cuts down on his Strikeouts I don't see him hitting for a high Average. And during only two months of the season did he show any power. 260/320/400 would be my guess.

Russell said he wanted to steal more, so getting around a dozen Stolen Bases would be nice. Also I'm curious to see what the typical Russell supporter, which seems like practically the entire board, sees as his peak OPS. Considering that his value has been deemed only a notch or so below Bryant's I would think a lot of people are expecting OPS' in his prime of around 800.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:20 am

StylesClash wrote:So what's a realistic slash line for 2016? Unless Russell cuts down on his Strikeouts I don't see him hitting for a high Average. And during only two months of the season did he show any power. 260/320/400 would be my guess.

Russell said he wanted to steal more, so getting around a dozen Stolen Bases would be nice. Also I'm curious to see what the typical Russell supporter, which seems like practically the entire board, sees as his peak OPS. Considering that his value has been deemed only a notch or so below Bryant's I would think a lot of people are expecting OPS' in his prime of around 800.

That's about fair for a realistic semi-optimistic slash line for him this year. Last year he hit .259/.318/.427 in teh second half (101 wRC+ .320 wOBA) If he can do that, with his defense, that'll be a really valuable player.

I'd like to see him make some strides at the big league level before I really try to pin down his peak, because with the talk projecting him as a Barry Larkin type talent, he obviously didn't get there in his first year, but for his age and experience level, he did enough (and made enough progress in season) for me to believe that's still within the realm of possibility.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:47 am

It would also be nice to see him get his K% down into the low 20s if not high teens.
Screw Pitchers

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 pm

David wrote:
StylesClash wrote:So what's a realistic slash line for 2016? Unless Russell cuts down on his Strikeouts I don't see him hitting for a high Average. And during only two months of the season did he show any power. 260/320/400 would be my guess.

That's about fair for a realistic semi-optimistic slash line for him this year. Last year he hit .259/.318/.427 in teh second half (101 wRC+ .320 wOBA) If he can do that, with his defense, that'll be a really valuable player.

I'd like to see him make some strides at the big league level before I really try to pin down his peak, because with the talk projecting him as a Barry Larkin type talent, he obviously didn't get there in his first year, but for his age and experience level, he did enough (and made enough progress in season) for me to believe that's still within the realm of possibility.

hard to compare ML numbers as Larkin didn't make the bigs until his age 22 season and wasn't a fixture until his age 24 season. Russell was 21 last year!

Of course I'm being obtuse, but lets not forget how young he is. Larkinesque is a tall order. Looking at his BR page. those K%'s ... =P~

Also, I never noticed how fragile he was. lets hope thats not the case with Russel!

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:07 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/_caj_dlIs9/

If there was still any doubt, Addi does in fact have two different non-twin infants that appear to be around the same age.

TomtheBombadil
Starter

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Addison or two

JennieGarthAlgar
Starter

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:59 am

David wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/_caj_dlIs9/

If there was still any doubt, Addi does in fact have Irish twins

ftfy

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:25 am

If there was still any doubt, Addi does in fact have two different non-twin infants that appear to be around the same age.

that chubby dude with the skinny jeans and enormous head is a toddler
:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:42 pm

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:

If there was still any doubt, Addi does in fact have Irish twins

ftfy

irish twins are two kids born to the same mother pretty much back to back, so like 9-12 months apart. this is two babies like 3 or 4 months apart from different moms.
Last edited by David on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:46 pm

seanimal wrote:

that chubby dude with the skinny jeans and enormous head is a toddler

that's the girl. she's a little older than the boy that was born in like august. if she's toddlin, it's not by much.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_Xz1dUTNRF/ ... on_russell

this was her in sept

https://www.instagram.com/p/5nlEQlTNQh/ ... on_russell

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:19 pm

he should have changed his number to 40 in honor of shawn kemp
:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

Geech
All-Star

Postby Geech » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Cute kids, but Burger King needs to wrap his whopper.
"I'm not about numbers. I'm not a numbers guy at all... I've been lucky to have coaches and management who don't buy into that stuff." -Ryan Theriot

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Damn, dude; start pulling out or something. Two kids at 21?
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:21 pm

he should cash in that heyward 22 iou for a vasectomy

Gilby
All-Star

Postby Gilby » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Ryne Ween just shakes his head at Addison's life decisions.

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:36 pm

i hope he's mentally prepared for this
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

Return to “Cubs Discussions”