Disable Tapatalk?

Disable Tapatalk?

Yes
35
51%
No
17
25%
Dooooonnnn't Care!
16
24%
 
Total votes: 68

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby yanrslatr » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:52 pm

sneakypower wrote:re the quotes issue, all you need to do is spot the last set of closing quotes and read whatever's after it

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Banedon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:02 am

yanrslatr wrote:
sneakypower wrote:re the quotes issue, all you need to do is spot the last set of closing quotes and read whatever's after it


It's not a matter of difficulty in deciphering it. It's a matter of that it's ugly and annoying.

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby David » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 am

Tim wrote:This has been out there long enough for everyone to see. I need to start banning people for a day if they quote using tapatalk.

Or something.

Nerves...grated.


plz follow thread title
Image

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:58 am

Banedon wrote:
yanrslatr wrote:
sneakypower wrote:re the quotes issue, all you need to do is spot the last set of closing quotes and read whatever's after it


It's not a matter of difficulty in deciphering it. It's a matter of that it's ugly and annoying.


if being ugly and annoying were ban-worthy, this board would be pretty lonely with just TT and me hanging out all day.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Banedon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:06 am

yanrslatr wrote:
Banedon wrote:
yanrslatr wrote:
sneakypower wrote:re the quotes issue, all you need to do is spot the last set of closing quotes and read whatever's after it


It's not a matter of difficulty in deciphering it. It's a matter of that it's ugly and annoying.


if being ugly and annoying were ban-worthy, this board would be pretty lonely with just TT and me hanging out all day.


We aren't talking about people. We're talking about the board UI here.

And lets not pretend people haven't been banned for being annoying.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 56771
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:15 am

FDB
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

User avatar
treebird
chinese food
Posts: 19821
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:25 pm

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby treebird » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 am

[quote=intentionallymessedupquoteSammy Sofa"]FDB[/quote]

yesss

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:11 pm

[quote=treebird"][quote=intentionallymessedupquoteSammy Sofa"]FDB[/quote]

yesss[/quote]
Hell yes
Image

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby yanrslatr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Banedon wrote:
yanrslatr wrote:
Banedon wrote:
yanrslatr wrote:
sneakypower wrote:re the quotes issue, all you need to do is spot the last set of closing quotes and read whatever's after it


It's not a matter of difficulty in deciphering it. It's a matter of that it's ugly and annoying.


if being ugly and annoying were ban-worthy, this board would be pretty lonely with just TT and me hanging out all day.


We aren't talking about people. We're talking about the board UI here.

And lets not pretend people haven't been banned for being annoying.


Tim wrote:This has been out there long enough for everyone to see. I need to start banning people for a day if they quote using tapatalk.

Or something.

Nerves...grated.

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby yanrslatr » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:58 am

Is there another new version of tapatalk? Does that have any impact on quotes?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Andy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:03 am

yanrslatr wrote:Is there another new version of tapatalk? Does that have any impact on quotes?

Yes, and no. I still had to manually alter a quote yesterday to post it right.

Otherwise, it's a much-improved update though.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 58429
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Derwood » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 pm

We seem to have the quoting under control.

However there should be a filter that automatically changes "sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" to "I smell like old lady farts"

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Tapatalk informed me that there's a new version of the plugin out. I'll update it this weekend. I'll post here again when that's done so someone who is still using it can test it out to see if they've actually fixed the multi-quote issue as they claim.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:32 am

Can someone using tapatalk try the quoting?
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: RE: Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Andy wrote:
yanrslatr wrote:Is there another new version of tapatalk? Does that have any impact on quotes?

Yes, and no. I still had to manually alter a quote yesterday to post it right.

Otherwise, it's a much-improved update though.

Looks like quoting works.

User avatar
Careless
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25294
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:27 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Careless » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Andy wrote:
Andy wrote:
yanrslatr wrote:Is there another new version of tapatalk? Does that have any impact on quotes?

Yes, and no. I still had to manually alter a quote yesterday to post it right.

Otherwise, it's a much-improved update though.

Looks like quoting works.

Our long nightmare is over!
We are doomed.


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests