Disable Tapatalk?

Disable Tapatalk?

Yes
35
51%
No
17
25%
Dooooonnnn't Care!
16
24%
 
Total votes: 68

User avatar
RammyFanny
All-Star
Posts: 3711
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:08 pm

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby RammyFanny » Fri May 15, 2015 9:17 am

This thread is just a diversion from the disable the swear filter movement.
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 56771
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri May 15, 2015 9:19 am

Image
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: RE: Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Proven Veteran » Fri May 15, 2015 11:37 am

RammyFanny wrote:This thread is just a diversion from the disable the swear filter movement.

No swear filter on tapatalk, join us on the dark side.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 56771
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri May 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Honestly though, this shouldn't even be a question; it's mangling quotes left and right. Kill it.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:25 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Honestly though, this shouldn't even be a question; it's mangling quotes left and right. Kill it.

Although it takes a little bit of the user friendliness out of the App, us Tapatalk users could help the situation by fixing the quotes before submitting...
ImageImage

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:25 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Honestly though, this shouldn't even be a question; it's mangling quotes left and right. Kill it.

Although it takes a little bit of the user friendliness out of the App, us Tapatalk users could help the situation by fixing the quotes before submitting...

Successful double quote (hopefully) using Tapatalk
ImageImage

User avatar
Careless
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25294
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:27 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Careless » Fri May 15, 2015 9:06 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:if you aren't going to disable it then at least ban anybody who tags their posts as having been sent via tapatalk.

Where's my "like" button?
We are doomed.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Banedon » Wed May 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Ugh, these quotes....

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Wed May 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Banedon wrote:Ugh, these quotes....

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

I keep hoping that a new version of tapatalk becomes available, but no luck so far. I created a support case and posted to the message board today.

We'll see if they answer at all.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Honestly the imbedded tweet thing with Tapatalk has me over to mobile just about full time. I still miss the button to go to the newest post about 60% of the time, but otherwise mobile has been okay. That said if Tapatalk allowed imbedded tweets, allowed spoilers, and some other enhancements is definitely want to use it again. Still using it for other boards on the old format.
ImageImage

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Wed May 27, 2015 12:40 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Honestly the imbedded tweet thing with Tapatalk has me over to mobile just about full time. I still miss the button to go to the newest post about 60% of the time, but otherwise mobile has been okay. That said if Tapatalk allowed imbedded tweets, allowed spoilers, and some other enhancements is definitely want to use it again. Still using it for other boards on the old format.

I'm not sure if it worked this way in the old version or not, but the bigger button all the way to the left takes you to the latest unread post now, too.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7142
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Heavenston

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby ConstableRabbit » Wed May 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Tim wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Honestly the imbedded tweet thing with Tapatalk has me over to mobile just about full time. I still miss the button to go to the newest post about 60% of the time, but otherwise mobile has been okay. That said if Tapatalk allowed imbedded tweets, allowed spoilers, and some other enhancements is definitely want to use it again. Still using it for other boards on the old format.

I'm not sure if it worked this way in the old version or not, but the bigger button all the way to the left takes you to the latest unread post now, too.

Is there a way to make it easier to get to newest post on desktop? The existing button is pretty small.
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 10436
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:58 pm
Location: behind the boathouse

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby sneakypower » Wed May 27, 2015 1:05 pm

re the quotes issue, all you need to do is spot the last set of closing quotes and read whatever's after it
Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Wed May 27, 2015 1:16 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:
Tim wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Honestly the imbedded tweet thing with Tapatalk has me over to mobile just about full time. I still miss the button to go to the newest post about 60% of the time, but otherwise mobile has been okay. That said if Tapatalk allowed imbedded tweets, allowed spoilers, and some other enhancements is definitely want to use it again. Still using it for other boards on the old format.

I'm not sure if it worked this way in the old version or not, but the bigger button all the way to the left takes you to the latest unread post now, too.

Is there a way to make it easier to get to newest post on desktop? The existing button is pretty small.

I'm not sure if it worked this way in the old version or not, but the bigger button all the way to the left takes you to the latest unread post now, too.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
treebird
chinese food
Posts: 19821
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:25 pm

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby treebird » Wed May 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Tim wrote:
Banedon wrote:Ugh, these quotes....

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

I keep hoping that a new version of tapatalk becomes available, but no luck so far. I created a support case and posted to the message board today.

We'll see if they answer at all.


did the word censor thing not work? i really thought we might have something there.

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Wed May 27, 2015 1:46 pm

treebird wrote:
Tim wrote:
Banedon wrote:Ugh, these quotes....

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

I keep hoping that a new version of tapatalk becomes available, but no luck so far. I created a support case and posted to the message board today.

We'll see if they answer at all.


did the word censor thing not work? i really thought we might have something there.

Nope. I was hopeful, as well.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 12854
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:03 pm
Location: Mobile, AL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby The Logan » Wed May 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Is there a way to make Tapatalk read only? It's still way more convenient and quicker to read the forum than the Mobile version, but even I'll concede the quoting thing is annoying.
"I don't think this team improves by trading Scott Feldman," Samardzija said.

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:25 pm

Can someone try quoting with tapatalk? I have uploaded a new version of the plugin.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: RE: Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Banedon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Tim wrote:Can someone try quoting with tapatalk? I have uploaded a new version of the plugin.

Single quote.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Banedon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Banedon wrote:[quote="Tim"]Can someone try quoting with tapatalk? I have uploaded a new version of the plugin.

Single quote.[/quote]
Multi-quote

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 pm

pull the plug
Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Well, shoot.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 10436
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:58 pm
Location: behind the boathouse

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby sneakypower » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:42 pm

do we know why the word filter doesn't work for replacing &quot[semicolon] with "
Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm

sneakypower wrote:do we know why the word filter doesn't work for replacing &quot[semicolon] with "

No, I haven't dug in to figure it out.
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Naperville, IL
Contact:

Re: Disable Tapatalk?

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 pm

This has been out there long enough for everyone to see. I need to start banning people for a day if they quote using tapatalk.

Or something.

Nerves...grated.
Spoiler: show

Image


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris and 2 guests