Front Office Thread

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Re: Front Office Thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:13 pm

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:So Tim wilken calls analytics people tea party types?

even if he does, this man is not a member of our front office anymore...TAKE IT TO RANDOM BASEBALL MUSINGS PAL

Fair point
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:01 pm

so cubs twitter was going nuts over some comment about wanting FO turnover and being against a theo extension yesterday and i couldn't figure out who it came from.

that explains that, since i don't follow this idiot, amirite davell?

at least he took down his stupid head shot of his stupid fat face asking to be punched

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Yeah, I had just a few vague comments about it yesterday on my timeline. I was curious who it was too and would have put money on it being Telander. I just laughed when I saw it was that idiot.
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

ctcf
Hall of Fame

Postby ctcf » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Almost sad that doofus took down the bit about being smarter about baseball strategy than Joe Maddon or whatever it was.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 am

I don't know who that person is.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:31 am

Banedon wrote:I don't know who that person is.

He writes for BP Wrigleyville.

Incidentally, I just read a piece by Sharma about him leaving there.

Duke Silver
All-Star

Postby Duke Silver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:19 pm

"Not because he's done anything short of a marvelous job, but because some FO turnover is good"

Wow, this dude is just talking out of his ass. What does this even mean? Yes, so-and-so has done a marvelous job, but maybe we should roll the dice with some new blood? What!? It just makes no sense. If you said, something like, "Theo's only been to the playoffs once, has lost more games than he has won here, and he just got lucky with having a bunch of high draft picks," then I could say, "I think you are a fool, but at least your opinion has validity." This? This is just utter nonsense.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Return to “Cubs Discussions”