Avatar Dimensions

User avatar
Tangled Up in Plaid
Dripping with analytics
Posts: 5900
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Avatar Dimensions

Postby Tangled Up in Plaid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Petition to increase to 100x100.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Seconded
Image

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby David » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Thirded
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 pm

why?
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Banedon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 pm

People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.

EDIT: Hmmm...time for a change.

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby David » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.


some tom waddle/craig kilbourn-esque looking dude making a funny face
Image

User avatar
gscool89
All-Star
Posts: 2484
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby gscool89 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 pm

David wrote:
Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.


some tom waddle/craig kilbourn-esque looking dude making a funny face

It's Craig James
Image

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby David » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:why?


because i want a bigger av
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.

EDIT: Hmmm...time for a change.

I've had them off for years. I'm going to see if I can make it the rest of the day turning them back on.
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49202
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:23 am
Location: Puget Sound

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Counterproposal: eliminate avatars

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby David » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Bob Sanders wrote:
Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.

EDIT: Hmmm...time for a change.

I've had them off for years. I'm going to see if I can make it the rest of the day turning them back on.


i liked yours better when it was giorgia palmas
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:54 pm

David wrote:
Bob Sanders wrote:
Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.

EDIT: Hmmm...time for a change.

I've had them off for years. I'm going to see if I can make it the rest of the day turning them back on.


i liked yours better when it was giorgia palmas

So did I...
Image

User avatar
Tangled Up in Plaid
Dripping with analytics
Posts: 5900
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Tangled Up in Plaid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Side note... if Raisin's avatar a broken image for everyone?

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 58429
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Tangential proposal: No animated gifs in avatars/sigs

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby David » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Tangled Up in Plaid wrote:Side note... if Raisin's avatar a broken image for everyone?

yes
Image

User avatar
Sammy's Boombox
Formerly eb14play2
Posts: 4660
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Sammy's Boombox » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Avatars are how I know who is who. If you change your avatar it's like you're a whole new poster to me.
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Sammy's Boombox wrote:Avatars are how I know who is who. If you change your avatar it's like you're a whole new poster to me.

Me too. I have sigs off, so avatars are the quickest way to know when scrolling.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 58429
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Andy wrote:
Sammy's Boombox wrote:Avatars are how I know who is who. If you change your avatar it's like you're a whole new poster to me.

Me too. I have sigs off, so avatars are the quickest way to know when scrolling.


I always have to double check if it's Treymon or Tryptamine posting because neither have avatars

User avatar
Tangled Up in Plaid
Dripping with analytics
Posts: 5900
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Tangled Up in Plaid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Derwood wrote:Tangential proposal: No animated gifs in avatars/sigs

I would agree with this, considering how prevalent gif posting has become.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 58429
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Tangled Up in Plaid wrote:
Derwood wrote:Tangential proposal: No animated gifs in avatars/sigs

I would agree with this, considering how prevalent gif posting has become.


And considering UMFan has had the same NCAA Tourney 2013 gif for almost a year and a half now

User avatar
Tangled Up in Plaid
Dripping with analytics
Posts: 5900
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Tangled Up in Plaid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Rob, your avatar is broken too.

User avatar
Tangled Up in Plaid
Dripping with analytics
Posts: 5900
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Tangled Up in Plaid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.

EDIT: Hmmm...time for a change.

I can't believe you gave up the one with Bane as a mob boss.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby Banedon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Sammy's Boombox wrote:Avatars are how I know who is who. If you change your avatar it's like you're a whole new poster to me.


Hmmm...I wonder if there's an easy way to mass change everyone's avatar to the same thing.

User avatar
CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 84788
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:20 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Tangled Up in Plaid wrote:Side note... if Raisin's avatar a broken image for everyone?


I noticed that but am too lazy to update.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Avatar Dimensions

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 pm

gscool89 wrote:
David wrote:
Banedon wrote:People have avatar's turned on? I'm not even sure what mine is.


some tom waddle/craig kilbourn-esque looking dude making a funny face

It's Craig James
Image

The hooker killer?
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.


Return to “Site Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest