Ad Block / Donations

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Ad Block / Donations

Postby Derwood » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Agreed. This format is WAY better. Always bumps the threads with the newest comments to the top, etc. Facebook is awful for discussions

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:42 pm

David wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:It's because it's much easier and quicker to read and post in discussions about anything via newer social media platforms instead of a dorky old message board. Those of us that are left here are just sad and waiting to die.

Twitter is awful for discussion. It's a mess to read. It's amazing as a place for consolidating a bunch of news sources and stuff like that, and getting links to articles, but when people try to argue or have discussions on there it's just a cluster [expletive] of unreadable Tweets one after another. After that you have, what? Facebook and Instagram comments? That's like a half step above news article/blog comments as the darkest underbelliest dumbest parts of the internet.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't really see any newer social media platforms that are better at doing what we do than this one.

I prefer this, too. We're obviously in the minority. You can disagree with it all you want, but a ton of people basically abandoned this type of format for newer social platforms.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:It's because it's much easier and quicker to read and post in discussions about anything via newer social media platforms instead of a dorky old message board. Those of us that are left here are just sad and waiting to die.

Twitter is awful for discussion. It's a mess to read. It's amazing as a place for consolidating a bunch of news sources and stuff like that, and getting links to articles, but when people try to argue or have discussions on there it's just a cluster [expletive] of unreadable Tweets one after another. After that you have, what? Facebook and Instagram comments? That's like a half step above news article/blog comments as the darkest underbelliest dumbest parts of the internet.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't really see any newer social media platforms that are better at doing what we do than this one.

I prefer this, too. We're obviously in the minority. You can disagree with it all you want, but a ton of people basically abandoned this type of format for newer social platforms.

Generally those aren't the type of people we want here anyways, so more power to them

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:46 am

David wrote:

I wish I could give a like to Derwood liking a post about twitter being bad.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 am

Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

This can be arranged

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:

To me, Reddit is more of the new style message board. Format complaints aside, it's basically one giant, subdivided message board, and has just absolutely crushed the whole like/dislike system that many here clamored for.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:28 pm

BRANDON SAID WE NEED TO BE MORE LIKE REDDIT.

SPREAD THE WORD.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 pm

I've been to Reddit once or twice. It's such a visual mess that it wasn't even worth digging into. I tried reading one of the AMA's and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:BRANDON SAID WE NEED TO BE MORE LIKE REDDIT.

SPREAD THE WORD.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Reddit is dumber than twitter.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:05 pm

I kinda think Derwood hates everything about the internet except this dump.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I kinda think Derwood hates everything about the internet except this dump.

What makes you think I like this dump?

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:this dump.

this dump?

:nono:
Spoiler: show

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:08 am

Well, I don't feel bad for reasons, but I'll donate more in a few days.

edit: look, I'm almost divorced. Everything I spend not out of cash can cause a fight
Last edited by Careless on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 am

Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

This can be arranged

Sorry, he got liked and you didn't
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:13 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Reddit is dumber than twitter.

dear god, no. How could you possibly think that? You can type more than two sentences in it. How could that possibly be worse?

the most popular twitter accounts
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Reddit is dumber than twitter.

I mean, that's [expletive] [expletive].
We are doomed.

Return to “Site Suggestions”