Possible trade...need input

EightyTwo
Role Player

Possible trade...need input

Postby EightyTwo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:17 pm

I've got a chance to trade Ramon Hernandez for Morgan Ensberg. This is in a keeper league, where anyone who declares free agency after the season is available in next years draft.

So, what I'm wondering is, is this a good deal? From what I have seen, all indications are that Hernandez will go FA, so I stand to lose him at the end of the year anyway. Does anyone know if there is a likelihood Ramon will sign an extension before the year is over? This is an 18 team league, so good catchers are hard to come by. I've got Hernandez and Schneider at Catcher, and Andy Marte and Willie Bloomquist at 3B.

He would also take Javy Vazquez, and my other starters are Sheets, Pedro, Orlando Hernandez, and Ricardo Rodriguez. I'm less inclined to deal Javy though.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Uber
All-Star

Postby Uber » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:16 pm

Personally I wouldn't because I dont think much of Ensberg. But if your going to lose Hernandez anyways, I suppose you might as well.
GRCubsFan wrote:check out the balls on skyballer

EightyTwo
Role Player

Postby EightyTwo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:16 am

Anyone else have any input?

CubsInNC
All-Star

Postby CubsInNC » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:28 am

Ramon Hernandez - C - Padres

Ramon Hernandez needs surgery on his wrist, but can probably play the rest of the season with the injury.
However, he's going to be a free agent next year (if the Padres don't sign him) so he is torn between finishing out the year for his team and having surgery so he won't be viewed as damaged goods by other teams this winter. If the Padres sign him, it will solve most of his problems. He's scheduled to have a follow-up MRI soon, and that could reveal that he needs surgery now, sooner than later as well.

Jump all over it. :lol:

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”