Pick up Nomar?

indifferent
All-Star

Pick up Nomar?

Postby indifferent » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:36 pm

Is anyone picking up Nomar if he's available in your league?

The thing is I need the help. I haven't had a true shortstop all year with Feliz playing in that slot. Now Rolen's down again and I either need to pick up a SS or 3rd bagger. Lowell's still available and Nomar's an option. I have Bill Hall as a stopgap this week.

Does anyone know if he will be back as soon as next week?
AKA Planet Pujolsian

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Re: Pick up Nomar?

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:50 pm

indifferent wrote:Is anyone picking up Nomar if he's available in your league?

The thing is I need the help. I haven't had a true shortstop all year with Feliz playing in that slot. Now Rolen's down again and I either need to pick up a SS or 3rd bagger. Lowell's still available and Nomar's an option. I have Bill Hall as a stopgap this week.

Does anyone know if he will be back as soon as next week?

Unless Bill Hall really tanked the last couple weeks, he's been better than all those guys this year.

indifferent
All-Star

Postby indifferent » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:55 pm

He was benched two or threes games over the last week for not hustling. He was solid, but most people are dropping him now rather than picking him up. He didn't play again today. I'll take some risks, but I at least want a guy who plays everyday.

Any news on Nomar's start with the Cubs?
AKA Planet Pujolsian

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:56 pm

indifferent wrote:He was benched two or threes games over the last week for not hustling. He was solid, but most people are dropping him now rather than picking him up. He didn't play again today. I'll take some risks, but I at least want a guy who plays everyday.

Any news on Nomar's start with the Cubs?

Hmmm, didn't know about him not playing.

Uber
All-Star

Postby Uber » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:18 am

For 3B you might want to look into Polanco. I got him off the scrap-heap before his trade to Detroit and I wouldn't be surprised if someone dropped him while he was on the DL. He came off today and went 3-5 with a rbi.

I'd pick up Nomar if your SS production is that bad. He certainly couldn't be any worse IMO. I've had him stashed on my DL for a couple months now.
GRCubsFan wrote:check out the balls on skyballer

fibro
Starter

Postby fibro » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:55 pm

I picked Nomar in one my leages where I am somewhat desperate he got alot upside figured hes worht the risk.

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”