Culpepper or McGahee?

burnt out cubbie fan
5-Time All-Star

Culpepper or McGahee?

Postby burnt out cubbie fan » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:07 pm

Alright, so I am in a keeper league where you get to keep one player and then the rest is redrafted. I have my keeper down to those two, and have since the end of last season, but can't make a decision. Now, Pepper carried my team for most of last season and was a big part of the reason why I was in the playoffs. Yet, I think McGahee is going to break out this year and top tier running backs are worth a lot more, especially the way my league is set up, than QBs. My league has two running backs and a flex WR/RB slot. Also, it is a 12 team league and at least half of them will be keeping RBs so a bunch have been taken already while Peyton is going to be the only other QB that is kept. So my question to you is which would you keep in this situation? I am still on the fence.
*insert witty comment here*

NCCubFan
Hall of Fame

Postby NCCubFan » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:35 pm

I'd probably keep McGahee and hope that Culpepper (or a QB of similar quality) is available when your draft pick comes. I think Peyton is the only QB I'd choose over a top RB.
Beautiful words: Former GM Jim Hendry

burnt out cubbie fan
5-Time All-Star

Postby burnt out cubbie fan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Perhaps you don't realize how sick the numbers Pepper put up last year were, and that was without having Moss there for most of the season. Most publications put him on a tier all by himself and right behind Peyton when it comes to fantasy value among QBs. That being said, Tice has said that they are going to run the ball more, their last three games (playoffs for fantasy) are against the Steelers, Ravens, and Bears with the game against the Ravens being in Balt. Meanwhile, the Bills have also said that they are going to be running the ball a lot more and traded away Henry. Their last three games are against the Broncos, Bengals, and Jets. I think I am going to go with Willis.
*insert witty comment here*

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”