Fantasy Rants

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:38 am

I don't think I've ever had waiver priority set by anything but record in a weekly league.

Is this team that's out of the playoffs actually out of the playoffs or just way out of it at hte moment? I just improved to 2-7 and made a trade. We have 6/12 make playoffs, so I still have a miracle chance, and I've won the league before after making a trade at 1-7.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

UK
Superstar

Postby UK » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:56 am

Every weekly league I've been in has been based off of waiver activity (if you have the 1st pick in the waiver wire and use it, it drops you down).

This is a 12 team league, top 4 make the playoffs. Im 7-2, the team I wanted to trade with is 3-6.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:09 am

We had waivers reset weekly based on standings for 10 years, just changed it to rotating waiver priority this year. I think I prefer it this way, although 2 years ago I had a terrible start to the season and was able to use my #1 waiver priority for 3 straight weeks to eventually make the playoffs.
Dare to dream....

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:01 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:Le'Veon and Charles were my starting RBs going into the season. Whoops. Thank God I chose Latavius over Foster in the draft, or I'd really be [expletive].

I now have a RB corps of Latavius, Langford, Blue, and Spiller. The fact that we're doing 5 keepers next year kept me from being able to handcuff DeAngelo, and I lost the claim for Charcandrick West. FML.

12-team league and I'm still in first place at 7-2 thanks in part by having Julio and Jeffery as WRs. I really don't know how much longer I can stay afloat at RB though, especially if Forte comes back soon.

The good news is that my 5 keepers next year will be Le'Veon, Charles, Jordy, Julio, and Jeffery. Latavius and Langford (likely a starter in 2016) are also options if any of the 3 ACL rehabs don't go well.

fantasy humblebrags?

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:25 pm

sneakypower wrote:
CubsBearsMagic wrote:Le'Veon and Charles were my starting RBs going into the season. Whoops. Thank God I chose Latavius over Foster in the draft, or I'd really be [expletive].

I now have a RB corps of Latavius, Langford, Blue, and Spiller. The fact that we're doing 5 keepers next year kept me from being able to handcuff DeAngelo, and I lost the claim for Charcandrick West. FML.

12-team league and I'm still in first place at 7-2 thanks in part by having Julio and Jeffery as WRs. I really don't know how much longer I can stay afloat at RB though, especially if Forte comes back soon.

The good news is that my 5 keepers next year will be Le'Veon, Charles, Jordy, Julio, and Jeffery. Latavius and Langford (likely a starter in 2016) are also options if any of the 3 ACL rehabs don't go well.

fantasy humblebrags?

Yes, I'm passive-aggressively bragging that I had 2 of the Top 5 RBs in football, both of whom went down with season-ending injuries and therefore screwed my season. Also that 3 of my 5 keepers will be returning from torn ACLs next year, with 2 of those 3 guys being old and thus will probably never be the same. C'mon?

It was a slow morning at work so I just debriefed my fantasy situation to a board that I know doesn't care. That's all it was. Boredom.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:41 am

Not my personal rants, but man fantasy football is weird.

The guy who finished with the second best record was, on the whole, outscored this season.

The guy with the most points finished 9th. And he somehow did it in the [expletive] division where the other four teams all ended the season in bottom 5 points total.
ImageImage

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:21 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Not my personal rants, but man fantasy football is weird.

The guy who finished with the second best record was, on the whole, outscored this season.

The guy with the most points finished 9th. And he somehow did it in the [expletive] division where the other four teams all ended the season in bottom 5 points total.

your season is already over?

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 am

weis21 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Not my personal rants, but man fantasy football is weird.

your season is already over?

Regular season.
ImageImage

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:28 am

I missed the playoffs with the second most points. I could have made it in, but my closest rival played someone taking a zero at wr. I lost my last game with 96 points and he won with 72.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:31 am

Proven Veteran wrote:I missed the playoffs with the second most points. I could have made it in, but my closest rival played someone taking a zero at wr. I lost my last game with 96 points and he won with 72.

I went 5-8 with the 2nd most points. Outscored an 8-5 team by nearly 300 points.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Not a personal rant, but oh my God, a semifinal in my league just ended in a tie because Stafford took those knees.

philosophizer75
Starter

Postby philosophizer75 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Thought kneels counted as team yards, like sacks. Maybe I'm wrong or its different from league to league.

I went up 30 points (thanks for 45 cam newton) with only one player for each of us to go in my semifinal this week. Antonio brown for him and david johnson for me. Then antonio brown went off and got him 45 and I started [expletive] bricks, down 15.

But johnson responded with 45 of his own to give me the win by 30. I hadn't seen a 40 point player all year neither for nor against. Now I saw 3 in one matchup.
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:10 am

My league inexplicably let me win the claim for David Johnson when Chris Johnson went down, despite the fact I was 8th (out of 12) in waiver priority. It was a pretty deep week on the wire, but still.

They're paying the price now, championship game!
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:42 am

philosophizer75 wrote:(thanks for 45 cam newton)

he out-rushed all 3 RBs on my roster, collectively

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:37 pm

I sneaked into the playoffs, and won a semi-final in one league last night thanks to Brees + Cooks. Of course, Brees [expletive] up his right foot & is getting an MRI. If he misses week 16, I will literally have no QB (in this league, we use blind bidding only, no free waivers, and I spent the last of my bidding $$ last week to grab Denard Robinson after losing Jonathan Stewart & Blount). It's been a terrible year for injuries, especially in this particular league.

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”