Fantasy Rants

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 am

Since no one cares about your fantasy team, or mine, I want to start a catch all thread to rant about fantasy teams.

I went 0-3 in my leagues this week.

In one league I had Peyton Manning (65 points) and still lost by 2 to a guy who had Victor Cruz, D. Thomas and Adrian Peterson. I had the 2nd most points in the league, 18 more points than the team with the third most but played the team with the most and lost by 2.

In another league I lost by 0.86 points because the Redskins went for 2 instead of kicking the extra point needed for victory. The kicker also missed a FG that would have given me the win.

In the last league, about midway through the 3rd quarter of the Skins game I was up by 30 points as RG3 (who I was playing again) had -3.40 points. My opponent also had Hopkins. Of course RG3 throws a few garbage TDs, and Hopkins has an OK enough game so I lost by 3.

FML. At least its not as bad as the time I lost a week by 0.04 points because Eli Manning took 2 knees (losing 4 rushing yards in the process) at the end of a MNF game.
Dare to dream....

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby sneakypower » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:58 am

#NEEDTOSPOON

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

I have C.J. Spiller and David Wilson in my most important league. Yahoo's projection system (which I'm really growing to hate because it always tells me my team is better than it ends up being) said they were projected for 28 points between them. They got 1.4, I lost by 10 points, and Wilson may never start again.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:25 am

Andy wrote:I have C.J. Spiller and David Wilson in my most important league. Yahoo's projection system (which I'm really growing to hate because it always tells me my team is better than it ends up being) said they were projected for 28 points between them. They got 1.4, I lost by 10 points, and Wilson may never start again.

Their new interface is also incredibly stupid, we've already voted to the keeper league I'm in through Yahoo to ESPN next year.
Screw Pitchers

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:48 am

Andy wrote:I have C.J. Spiller and David Wilson in my most important league. Yahoo's projection system (which I'm really growing to hate because it always tells me my team is better than it ends up being) said they were projected for 28 points between them. They got 1.4, I lost by 10 points, and Wilson may never start again.

Wow, you might have the same team as my buddy.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 am

I started Lamar Miller and Issac Redmond as 2 of my 3 RBs (deep league, 12 teams, 2 QB, 4 WR, 3 RB) and they combined for 0.10 fantasy points last week. Yeah I know my RBs actually kind of suck (WR and QB are much better), but still I expect more than that.

And yeah the new Yahoo [expletive] sucks. It told me in the 3rd quarter of Skins-Eagles yesterday that I had a 92% chance of winning in one of my leagues and 82% in another and I lost both. I am blaming it on Yahoo.
Dare to dream....

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 am

Cubswin11 wrote:

Their new interface is also incredibly stupid, we've already voted to the keeper league I'm in through Yahoo to ESPN next year.

I actually like the new interface now that I've gotten used to it. I can get to just about everything quicker than before.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 am

How do you determine which is your most important league?

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Mariner's Revenge wrote:How do you determine which is your most important league?

Straight cash, homie
Screw Pitchers

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Mariner's Revenge wrote:How do you determine which is your most important league?

In this case it's the one I'm in with the friends I see the most (and the only one in which we do an in-person auction draft, while all my others are online). It's also a keeper league and, as CW11 correctly guessed, there's also some financials involved.

17 Seconds
Formerly dextermorgan

Postby 17 Seconds » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:50 pm

god i hate losing points on negative rushing yards from the QB on a kneel

pitchcs
All-Star

Postby pitchcs » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:54 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, screw jobs in fantasy are easily avoidable if you get yourself in a non-head to head league.
Cause my life is dope and I do dope [expletive].

[The sound of fastballs] was one of those things that told me my pitches were fast....because I've never heard pitches as loud as mine.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:59 am

pitchcs wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, screw jobs in fantasy are easily avoidable if you get yourself in a non-head to head league.

I've never done a roto style football league. It seems like almost no one does them. Roto baseball of course is awesome and I prefer it much more than H2H.
Dare to dream....

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:35 am

That meaningless TD on Monday night by McFadden cost me a win. I'm not sure if I would have rather lost than have it end in the ite it did.
I like beer.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:50 am

mul21 wrote:That meaningless TD on Monday night by McFadden cost me a win. I'm not sure if I would have rather lost than have it end in the ite it did.

For some reason I decided 5 minutes before MNF to put in Moreno in at starting RB and bench McFadden using some insane logic that the Broncos would have a big lead and run the ball more while the Raiders would be passing and not use McFadden enough. Of course I lost because of it.

Easily my dumbest fantasy move in awhile. Not just because it didn't work out but looking back on it, it made no sense to bench the Raiders feature back for 1/3 of Denver's RB committee, even if Moreno had 2 good weeks in a row. Ugh.
Dare to dream....

CubColtPacer
Superstar

Postby CubColtPacer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:22 am

UMFan83 wrote:
mul21 wrote:That meaningless TD on Monday night by McFadden cost me a win. I'm not sure if I would have rather lost than have it end in the ite it did.

For some reason I decided 5 minutes before MNF to put in Moreno in at starting RB and bench McFadden using some insane logic that the Broncos would have a big lead and run the ball more while the Raiders would be passing and not use McFadden enough. Of course I lost because of it.

Easily my dumbest fantasy move in awhile. Not just because it didn't work out but looking back on it, it made no sense to bench the Raiders feature back for 1/3 of Denver's RB committee, even if Moreno had 2 good weeks in a row. Ugh.

If it makes you feel any better, 3 of the 4 rankers on ESPN had Moreno ahead of McFadden last week, and all four of them had Moreno in the top 15 running backs. It was a defensible move either way.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Runningback injuries.

Andre Brown gets hurt during my draft (okay he was my #5 RB. No big deal)
Shane Vereen gets hurt week one (still my #4, big 3 intact)
Reggie Bush hurt in week two and misses week 3.
CJ Spiller gets hurt during the game week 4, puts up one point. Definitely contributes to his stupid shared workload and low carries going forward this season.
Arian Foster gets hurt in the first quarter today. One point.

I might be off a week or so on some of these, but mid-game injuries are the worst.

And this week one of my backups only got 17 yards rushing, which would usually make me feel better, because hey, what else could I have done. Even if I knew Foster would exit with one point, what could I have done differently? Oh except he gets two stupid reception TDs so I'm just starting at a wasted 17 points from Jaquizs Rodgers stumbled into and 13 points from Zak Stacy, while my hobbled Big three RB give me 10 POINTS!

Saving grace is the pitiful performance from my opponent and Andrew Luck this week.
ImageImage

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:21 am

Nothing like both of your QBs getting broken on the same day. Fortunately, I got destroyed because my opponent had a huge day and I likely wouldn't have won even with a non negative 1 from Cutler yesterday.
I like beer.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am

I'm going to tie for the second week in a row in the one money league I am in and it will take me to 3-2-2, in the other 3 leagues I did for fun/mock draft I'm 5-2, 6-1, and 7-0. [expletive]
Screw Pitchers

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:10 am

My opponent this week grabbed Roy Helu off the scrap heap just because he had no one else to start. 22 points. Barring a Cruz/Nicks offensive explosion tonight, I will be 1-6 in that league (that's what happens when you get C.J. Spiller and David Wilson as your RBs).

In another league, I entered the week 1-5 and the 3rd-highest scoring team in the league (out of 12), and I'm losing again. Crummy year. Even my 6-0 team will lose this week because my opponent had Calvin Johnson and Vincent Jackson, both of whom eclipsed 30 points.

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah I feel ya. Last year I went 6-7 with the highest scoring team in the league (12 teams), barely squeaking into the final playoff spot on a PF tiebreaker.

Similar situation this year, 2nd in PF and only 4-3, 5th place. Simply a product of winning big when you do win. In 2011 I went 11-1 (13-1 counting playoffs) with only the 4th or 5th highest scoring team. I feel like all of this is karma for that.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:00 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:Yeah I feel ya. Last year I went 6-7 with the highest scoring team in the league (12 teams), barely squeaking into the final playoff spot on a PF tiebreaker.

Similar situation this year, 2nd in PF and only 4-3, 5th place. Simply a product of winning big when you do win. In 2011 I went 11-1 (13-1 counting playoffs) with only the 4th or 5th highest scoring team. I feel like all of this is karma for that.

The league I'm in this year we have decided to change to a points system for standings next year to somewhat fix the problem of having a high scoring team/poor record and missing the playoffs. We are going to still do head to head, you get 1 point for a win and 1 point for being in the top 4 in scoring for the week (8 teams in the league) 4 teams with the most points make the playoffs.
Screw Pitchers

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:Yeah I feel ya. Last year I went 6-7 with the highest scoring team in the league (12 teams), barely squeaking into the final playoff spot on a PF tiebreaker.

Yeah, last year in the same league my Spiller/Wilson fiascos are happening in this year, I went 5-8 but led the league in scoring in four different weeks, meaning I was 1-8 when ANYONE outscored me. Still can't believe it.

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:

The league I'm in this year we have decided to change to a points system for standings next year to somewhat fix the problem of having a high scoring team/poor record and missing the playoffs. We are going to still do head to head, you get 1 point for a win and 1 point for being in the top 4 in scoring for the week (8 teams in the league) 4 teams with the most points make the playoffs.

Brilliant idea, although for my league I'd probably give 5-10 bonus points for a matchup win and nothing for top 4. Either way, it would still be far better than W-L.

I always stayed away from points-based leagues because I enjoy the head-to-head. Never considered a hybrid of the two. I'm going to pitch this idea to my commish for next year.
Last edited by CubsBearsMagic on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:01 pm

mul21 wrote:Nothing like both of your QBs getting broken on the same day. Fortunately, I got destroyed because my opponent had a huge day and I likely wouldn't have won even with a non negative 1 from Cutler yesterday.

UPDATE: My roster is screwed. Lost Cobb last week for 4-6 weeks, Cutler for 4-6 weeks this wee, Bradford (not great, but better than any waiver wire crap out there) for the season with an ACL, and also lost Reggie Wayne for the season with an ACL last night. So much for my 4-1-1 record and #2 spot in total points.
I like beer.

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”