Fantasy Rants

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby weis21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:43 pm

sneakypower wrote:i'll never play in a league with tenth-points

I used to play in a league with hundredth-points. It was completely ridiculous.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:39 pm

weis21 wrote:

Yup....I'm in a league with hundredth-points. I once lost a matchup by 0.08 points. The only way to even get hundreth points is with a QBs passing yards I believe.
Dare to dream....

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Fantasy Rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Being in a league with tenths for the first time, I don't mind it. I was always annoyed at outcomes like 39 rushing yards and 28 receiving yards. Give me those decimals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:52 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
weis21 wrote:

Yup....I'm in a league with hundredth-points. I once lost a matchup by 0.08 points. The only way to even get hundreth points is with a QBs passing yards I believe.

I'm in the same type of scoring, and you're right, only QBs can get hundredths (unless someone else completes a pass I guess). They get .04 points per yard compared to 0.1 for everyone else.

dew
Hall of Fame

Postby dew » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:20 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Being in a league with tenths for the first time, I don't mind it. I was always annoyed at outcomes like 39 rushing yards and 28 receiving yards. Give me those decimals.

That's exactly why I made that league a tenths-points league. I feel like it more fully gives players credit for what they do, rather than hacking off several yards they gain each game.
Society in every state is a blessing, but government, even in its best state, is a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
-Thomas Paine

To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.
-George Mason

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:21 pm

From 7-1 in 2 leagues to 9-3 and 8-4. In the latter, I got Megatron back healthy. Bye weeks ended for all my players. Picked up Odell Beckham on waivers over this timespan.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Andy wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
weis21 wrote:

I'm in the same type of scoring, and you're right, only QBs can get hundredths (unless someone else completes a pass I guess). They get .04 points per yard compared to 0.1 for everyone else.

I play in a league that did 1/100. Its idp and defensive players get 0.25 points for a tackle.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:20 pm

[expletive] you Romo, but thank you Calvin, Alshon and those meaningless catches/yards to Martellus at the end of the game
Screw Pitchers

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Fantasy Rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:47 pm

I don't know why I thought sitting Bell against the wretched Bears D was advisable.

ImageImage

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:12 pm

In my 3 leagues I had win and in, lose and out scenarios in each. About to go 0-3. One is already over, another is a virtual loss at this point and the third is my main league that I have the 2nd most points in a league that has 8 playoff teams and I'm projected to lose to go 5-9.

I think I'm going to quit fantasy
Dare to dream....

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:25 pm

currently at 170 with rodgers still going and a kicker tonight. league record is 180. going to defeat the second highest scoring team of the week by like 50.

ALL THIS IN THE LAST WEEK OF THE REGULAR SEASON AND I'VE ALREADY CLINCHED A BYE SO IT'S POINTLESS

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Treymon wrote:currently at 170 with rodgers still going and a kicker tonight. league record is 180. going to defeat the second highest scoring team of the week by like 50.

ALL THIS IN THE LAST WEEK OF THE REGULAR SEASON AND I'VE ALREADY CLINCHED A BYE SO IT'S POINTLESS

I hate you
Dare to dream....

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:11 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I don't know why I thought sitting Bell against the wretched Bears D was advisable.

I almost did this too and then had the thought that it's the Bears defense, Bush is out, and he's bound to have at least a half decent day. Glad I did.

Also, scored the most points in my league today with Jimmy Graham in my starting lineup and putting up a zero. Without a doubt my worst first round pick ever.
I like beer.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Fantasy Rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:23 pm

mul21 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I don't know why I thought sitting Bell against the wretched Bears D was advisable.

I almost did this too and then had the thought that it's the Bears defense, Bush is out, and he's bound to have at least a half decent day. Glad I did.

Also, scored the most points in my league today with Jimmy Graham in my starting lineup and putting up a zero. Without a doubt my worst first round pick ever.

Worked out okay. He only outpaced his flex counterpart by 8 and I'm going to win comfortably anyways. Brees finally putting it together and Bills D made my week, even with Ellington going out.

ImageImage

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Not a rant, but a random observation of my two teams. I had strong weeks with both teams that secured my playoff berth. However in each league my final standings will be determined by Ryan Tannehill tomorrow. And there is a line where he could helps me in both, but it is pretty narrow. More likely he either drops me a spot in both or bumps me a spot in both. Just weird, and although the regular season standings are fairly meaningless I may rant about this is 2 weeks if it gave me the harder draw in hindsight.
ImageImage

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:53 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Treymon wrote:currently at 170 with rodgers still going and a kicker tonight. league record is 180. going to defeat the second highest scoring team of the week by like 50.

I hate you

fantasy football is going to be incredibly boring for me this weekend. i'm in three leagues and i have a first-round bye in the playoffs of two of them this week. zzzzzz

luckily no one gets byes in the playoffs in the third league, so i'll have a few guys to root for at least.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 am

I had the 11th most points out of 12 teams, and wound up the 4 seed, and that's way more satisfying than Tree's stupid story.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:39 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:I had the 11th most points out of 12 teams, and wound up the 4 seed, and that's way more satisfying than Tree's stupid story.

same exact situation, but ESPN's tiebreaker is H2H so i got left out in favor of a team who scored 250 points fewer because of a 5-point loss in W1

not thrilled about that

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Fantasy Rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 pm

So an offensive fumble recovered by the offense in the end zone is counting as a defensive TD right now. My opponent is the commish and agrees that's not legit so I don't think I'll have a problem overturning it, but... It's odd.

ImageImage

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:42 pm

sneakypower wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:I had the 11th most points out of 12 teams, and wound up the 4 seed, and that's way more satisfying than Tree's stupid story.

same exact situation, but ESPN's tiebreaker is H2H so i got left out in favor of a team who scored 250 points fewer because of a 5-point loss in W1

not thrilled about that

Same [expletive] happened to me, except I got bumped by 2 teams that I had outscored significantly. And I'm working on 3 out of 4 weeks being the high score in my league. Go Leveon Bell!
I like beer.

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Re: Re: Week 14 NFL Thread

Postby sneakypower » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 pm

actually now i realize i completely misread SSR's post; i had 2nd most points, thus the basis for my mini-rant

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:42 am

UMFan83 wrote:In my 3 leagues I had win and in, lose and out scenarios in each. About to go 0-3. One is already over, another is a virtual loss at this point and the third is my main league that I have the 2nd most points in a league that has 8 playoff teams and I'm projected to lose to go 5-9.

I think I'm going to quit fantasy

I know no one gives 2 [expletive] about my rants but it helps me cope with this [expletive] season.

I wish I was making this up...now that I'm out of the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues, I finished with the most points in the league in ALL 3 LEAGUES this week...meaning I would have won any playoff matchup this week.

So to recap....my big time money league, I finish with the 2nd most points in the league, but because I lost 4 games by 2 points or less, I finished 5-8 and missed the playoffs in a league where 8 of the 12 teams make it. I have no idea of that level of bad luck has ever been reached in fantasy. This week with no game because I'm out, I finish with the most points in the league, as if the fantasy gods are taunting me. [expletive] fantasy.
Dare to dream....

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 am

whats the point of a 12 team league where 8 teams make it? besides to put one on suicide watch if they dont make the playoffs

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Fantasy Rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:23 am

Did you have a high variance in scoring week to week or did you just keep running into teams with fluky performances?

ImageImage

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:50 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Did you have a high variance in scoring week to week or did you just keep running into teams with fluky performances?

I did have a high variance in scoring early in the season but it was consistently higher later in the year. The biggest reason is that I lost 4 games by 2 points or less. One of the games I lost by 0.5 points, another one I played the team with the most points in the league the 2nd to last week of the season. On Sunday morning at like 10 I find out that Arian Foster is unexpectedly out as well as my bye week TE. Scrambling to find replacements, McFadden and Tamme (backup DEN TE) get me 4.8 points instead of the 32 points Foster and the TE (forget who) were expect to get. I lose by 1.8 points.

If any of those games goes my way, I actually finish 6-7, and 5th in the league, and beat the 4 seed by 50 points this week.
Dare to dream....

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”