Fantasy Rants

Banedon
Curse You!

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Banedon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:22 am

Won the regular season with only 3 losses...2 games better than 2nd place.

Lost both playoff games....the last one thanks to a 43 point performance from Russell Wilson.

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:03 pm

need 63 points tonight out of CJ Anderson and AJ Green to win the championship. weeeeeeeeeeeee

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 pm

I need 32 points from Thomas and Anderson. I'm only even alive thanks to Luck's massive [expletive]. Would have it in the bag if I'd started clearly inferior Ryan Tannehill over Matt Ryan. Meh.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Aaand I lost on that facemask penalty on Thomas that most of Twitter felt was a bad call.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 am

Well, I just played 2 fantasy leagues for free. 3rd place, get entrance fee back in both my money leagues. One league, I won 151.21 to 151.13 in the 3rd place game. The other, I lost the #1 seed in the last game of the regular season. If I would have kept the #1 seed, I'd have won the league, I would have been on the other half of the bracket and faced a team that won 88-86 in the semis and had a big game this week and would have beaten the team that beat me in the semis this week.

Oh well, I'm going to go kiss my sister.

kujay
Superstar

Postby kujay » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:37 am

Won three of my four leagues, but lost the final in the league with my closest friends and the most [expletive] talk by eight points last night when Peyton [expletive] the bed and J. Thomas did nothing.

Can't really complain about the best fantasy season I've ever had or ever will have though.
Just an average guy with exceptional hair. No more, no less.

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Was projected to lose my title game by about 50 going into SNF. Then Wilson went off for me, Seahawks D had a decent effort, which brought me within 2.1 points with no players left, he had Green left. So I needed one catch for -4 yards (0.3 PPR), a fumble, and then for Green to leave the game and/or not catch anything else. He left the game with nothing. Lost by 2.1.

I had some pretty poor efforts from big players (Charles, Evans, Olsen), but I can't help but pin my loss on Cody [expletive] Parkey. I win if he makes one of those two misses, one being a chip shot.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:12 pm

This isn't the normal fantasy rant, but holy smokes one of the people in my leagues is driving me crazy. I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

In fantasy football this year my team was terrible so I made a white-flag trade to try and get some low cost keepers for next year. One of the members threw a fit. In the 10 weeks that followed the trade the difference between the players involved was about 2 points per week, and the team I traded with finished 3-3 and missed the playoffs(losing to me in the final week of the regular season).

Now in fantasy baseball we're in the keeper stage of the season, and I made another trade with keepers and cost/value in mind. Specifically I got Neil Walker for $2 in exchange for Samardzija at $11. This works well for me because I already have Felix and Strasburg eating up major dollars, I hate keeping pitchers, and needed offense anyway. This is a 6x6 league with OPS and K/BB btw. Oh and my trading partner threw in Cashner at $6(who I have no interest in keeping) just to try and avoid an argument from people who cry foul. Didn't work, same guy is currently throwing another tantrum that's centered around the 'ridiculous' trades I make.

The thing that drives me the most crazy is this most recent one, because if anything I think I have the unfair advantage in that deal when costs are considered. The football trade was admittedly unconventional and my logic was more 'this deal was made with a purpose and in good faith, you have no reason to veto it'. The Angry Owner repeatedly focuses on power bats and lower cost pitchers when he drafts for baseball, so he's just being willfully ignorant about it, maybe because he's still angry about the irrelevant football trade.

Do you guys veto trades you believe were made in good faith just because you think someone is getting a better deal? To me that's a huge abuse of vetos and the histrionics around trying to make a simple move are sucking the fun out of the whole process.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:29 pm

I don't veto any deal, but that doesn't stop me and the other 11 people in my league from pointing out when one owner is ripping off another (which is generally one owner in particular who is obsessive about baseball to an insane degree and, more to the point, has tons of free time, so he's won 3 of our 4 titles). But no trade should ever be vetoed unless you can prove some sort of disallowed activity.

ctcf
Hall of Fame

Postby ctcf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 am

I think I've vetoed like one blatantly stupid deal as a commish.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 pm

GOOD FAITH IS IN THE EYE OF THE COMMISSIONER

that said, i am the commissioner of a fantasy football league and i desperately want to veto all the trades that don't benefit me but i never do. i message poor imb like thrice a season to consult him as an impartial third party (he isn't in the league and knows none of the people involved) and he always tells me i have to shut up and let the trade happen.

ctcf
Hall of Fame

Postby ctcf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:56 am

Where the hell are Yahoo pro-leagues this season?

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:48 pm

fantasy trades should never be vetoed unless there is clear evidence of collusion. if two people agree, it should go through.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Butters wrote:fantasy trades should never be vetoed unless there is clear evidence of collusion. if two people agree, it should go through.

there are times when a league with particularly complex rules puts newbies at a disadvantage and vetoes are appropriate when seasoned managers take advantage of them. not thinking of any league in particular, but I can imagine such a league.

ChiCubsFan
All-Star

Postby ChiCubsFan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 am

ctcf wrote:Where the hell are Yahoo pro-leagues this season?

FYI, they'll be back in mid-April.

Anyone have any experience with weekly roster changes and/or points scoring? My friends and I decided it's too much work to do daily roster changes so we're switching to weekly changes. We typically do category h2h scoring, but with the weekly changes we're now considering going to points. Anyone have any experience and can offer up what worked/didn't work for them?
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Mon May 18, 2015 9:22 am

Prince Fielder and Brandon Belt had combined to hit 2 HRs and drive in 21 runs in 232 PA's coming into last week. They combined to hit 6 HRs and drive in 16 runs last week. My opponent had both players.
In Theo we trust.

ImageImage

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon May 18, 2015 9:23 am

soccer10k wrote:Prince Fielder and Brandon Belt had combined to hit 2 HRs and drive in 21 runs in 232 PA's coming into last week. They combined to hit 6 HRs and drive in 16 runs last week. My opponent had both players.

That's the worst. This isn't recent, but I've had a similar situation play out with Elvis Andrus. 4 of his last 5 HRs have come in weeks I was facing the opponent who owned him even though he hits like 2 per year.

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:14 am

Not a rant but nowhere else to put this.

In my league, one my friends was tied 6-6 last night until Aramis's home run swung three categories. He was leading narrowly in OPS and by 1 in runs and RBI. His opponent had Aramis so 6-6 turned into 7-3. Never seen one hit swing three categories like that before.
In Theo we trust.

ImageImage

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 am

2nd year running I narrowly lost in the semis and then put up a performance good enough to win the final in my league. I managed to turn an offense with Harper, Votto, Rizzo, Bryant, Arenado, McCann, Blackmon, Gardner and Marte (10 team league) into a 3rd place finish because I couldn't put together a pitching staff.

ctcf
Hall of Fame

Postby ctcf » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:08 am

SO MAD. Despite drafting at 3 PM EST yesterday and thus well before game time, my Yahoo Winners league is not counting Week 1 and thus I miss out on 60 points (!!!) from Brady and Gronk. THANKS YAHOO

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:45 am

Thank you, stat corrections! I went to bed last night thinking I had tied for second place, losing the tiebreaker because the other guy beat me twice this year. That meant I finished third with no bye. I even picked up a couple position players for today to hopefully pick up some counting stats. Wake up this morning to check my team and I'm not playing this week.

Apparently Yahoo didn't record the statistics from the completion of the suspended Cards-Reds game (so the last inning and a half). That included Chapman's save. The guy I thought I tied with was facing the guy who had Chapman. They originally tied for saves but with the stat correction, the guy I was tied with lost saves, giving me the bye.
In Theo we trust.

ImageImage

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:01 am

Thank you Mike Moustakous 9 RBI game. Won my matchup on Chris Davis's solo HR in the 5th last night to give me the RBI win by 1.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:29 am

Adrian Peterson and, more importantly, the Vikings game plan can eat a giant bag of dicks. Lost by 1 point because the #1 overall pick couldn't do [expletive] last night. [expletive] you, Vikings!

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 am

I got beat by Carlos Hyde having a monster game in both the leagues I'm in.....[expletive] [expletive] [expletive].....

And I have Dez Bryant in my "main" league...trying to decide if I should try keeping him on my bench or just cut my losses.

RammyFanny
All-Star

Postby RammyFanny » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 am

I am in an 18 team survivor league and if the Colts win tonight some dude wins it all ($900). Everybody else had the Saints, Ravens, or Dolphins.

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”