Fantasy Rants

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:51 am

Nothing spectacular to rant about but I'm a virtual lock to finish 2nd in points in my 12 team league this week and lose to the team that finished 1st. Oh well.
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 10436
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:58 pm
Location: behind the boathouse

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby sneakypower » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 pm

saw another guy in standard league i'm in get -1 combined from his 3 RB (J. Hill, Lacy, A. Abdullah [flex])
Image

User avatar
Cubswin11
Superstar
Posts: 10503
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Between Peterson's fumbles and multiple TDs called back from Peterson, Ryan and Ingram I lost my week by about 11 points. Awesome
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
CubsBearsMagic
All-Star
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Some idiot in my league inexplicably dropped Alshon Jeffery for Cole Beasley after Jeffery was ruled out Sunday, despite having a plethora of other WR options on his bench. This guy has been playing since the inception of the league, so he's practically a fantasy veteran at this point.

Now my rival, who currently has the #1 waiver priority, is going to win Jeffery this week when the glaring weakness on his team is WR.

[expletive].
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:19 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:Some idiot in my league inexplicably dropped Alshon Jeffery for Cole Beasley after Jeffery was ruled out Sunday, despite having a plethora of other WR options on his bench. This guy has been playing since the inception of the league, so he's practically a fantasy veteran at this point.

Now my rival, who currently has the #1 waiver priority, is going to win Jeffery this week when the glaring weakness on his team is WR.

[expletive].


Does this dude have any inside knowledge on Jeffery's injury that we havent heard? And he did this before Cutler got hurt? (not that he would be droppable in that scenario either but at least slightly more understandable)
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
CubsBearsMagic
All-Star
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:31 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
CubsBearsMagic wrote:Some idiot in my league inexplicably dropped Alshon Jeffery for Cole Beasley after Jeffery was ruled out Sunday, despite having a plethora of other WR options on his bench. This guy has been playing since the inception of the league, so he's practically a fantasy veteran at this point.

Now my rival, who currently has the #1 waiver priority, is going to win Jeffery this week when the glaring weakness on his team is WR.

[expletive].


Does this dude have any inside knowledge on Jeffery's injury that we havent heard? And he did this before Cutler got hurt? (not that he would be droppable in that scenario either but at least slightly more understandable)


I highly doubt he knows anything about Jeffery that we don't. He made the move Sunday morning before kickoff, so before the Cutler injury. And while he's been playing with us for years, he consistently finishes near the bottom of the league. I assume he's stayed around so long because he's a very active manager, just not a good one.

Oddly enough, he's 2-0 to start the season.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

apete6
All-Star
Posts: 3442
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Northwest Side

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby apete6 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:25 pm

sneakypower wrote:saw another guy in standard league i'm in get -1 combined from his 3 RB (J. Hill, Lacy, A. Abdullah [flex])


I had 2 of those guys in Draft Kings. Good thing I'm just playing out the string on a free entry.

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Andy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:27 pm

apete6 wrote:
sneakypower wrote:saw another guy in standard league i'm in get -1 combined from his 3 RB (J. Hill, Lacy, A. Abdullah [flex])


I had 2 of those guys in Draft Kings. Good thing I'm just playing out the string on a free entry.

What's 'DraftKings'? Never heard of it. If only they aired advertisements explaining their product.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:39 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
CubsBearsMagic wrote:Some idiot in my league inexplicably dropped Alshon Jeffery for Cole Beasley after Jeffery was ruled out Sunday, despite having a plethora of other WR options on his bench. This guy has been playing since the inception of the league, so he's practically a fantasy veteran at this point.

Now my rival, who currently has the #1 waiver priority, is going to win Jeffery this week when the glaring weakness on his team is WR.

[expletive].


Does this dude have any inside knowledge on Jeffery's injury that we havent heard? And he did this before Cutler got hurt? (not that he would be droppable in that scenario either but at least slightly more understandable)


I highly doubt he knows anything about Jeffery that we don't. He made the move Sunday morning before kickoff, so before the Cutler injury. And while he's been playing with us for years, he consistently finishes near the bottom of the league. I assume he's stayed around so long because he's a very active manager, just not a good one.

Oddly enough, he's 2-0 to start the season.


Fantasy football in a nutshell
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
CubsBearsMagic
All-Star
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Update: Said rival manager won the claim for Jeffery. A few hours later I got the idea to sell high on Larry Fitzgerald, who is my WR2 (Julio is my 1), and offered to trade him to this guy straight up for Jeffery. About an hour after that, he accepts the trade, which is now officially my first trade in this league.

Was this a dumb trade by me? Yes, Fitzgerald is going to out-produce Jeffery until both he and Cutler get healthy, but since I'm most certainly going to the playoffs again this year, it was a move made more for then as well as next year when the league increases from 3 keepers to 5 (Fitzgerald will be 33 next year, Jeffery only 27, making him the more keepable player). I also have Eric Decker, Torrey Smith, and Steve Smith to fill the void at WR2 until Jeffery gets healthy. 12-team league, 16-player rosters, still not sure how I ended up with that much depth at WR.

My boss said it was a bad trade on my behalf and that I should have kept Fitzgerald. What are your thoughts?
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:01 pm

I definitely think you sold high. I like it.
ImageImage

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Omg that was intense. Neither my opponent or I have any players after the 4pm games. All his guys games were final. I still had Tannehill and Matthews (Miami WR) left with 4 mins left and was down 0.3 points. Tannehill threw a 9 yard pass, leaving me up 0.1 points and then proceeded to hand off the ball a bunch of times in a row. I thought they were just running out the game but they kept getting 1st and were in a goal to go situation.

Now [expletive] Tannehill is throwing again and while I did want more points in case of stat corrections, I'd didn't want to risk an INT, Fumble or sack to lose rushing yards. Of course he throws 3 straight times. The last time on 4th down he almost gets sacked then throws the ball up for grabs where it bouncers off the DBs hands on to the ground. Phew. I will update with a nice long rant when they found out that one of my RBs was credited with 2 yards it shouldn't have and I lose
Dare to dream....
Image

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Sometimes I hate fantasy so much. I just lost my championship matchup in fantasy baseball to the guy who came in 6th place in our league 5-4. Each of the first two rounds of playoffs, I would have destroyed him, but his opponent had a terrible week. This week, it was my turn. My team of Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Nelson Cruz, Kris Bryant, Joey Votto, Schwarber, Lindor (who replaced Tulowitzki in my lineup and was actually very good despite the lack of dongs) among others lost to a team that has like 2 offensive players I would even drop anyone on my team for.

This is the first year I have been in this league (the others have been in it for years) and I destroyed their league records of HR's, walks, hits, RBI's and Runs. I looked back through all 24 weeks of the season and I have never had a week with less than 8 HR's--usually I have more than 10. Most weeks in the 12-15 range. One week 23! This week: 4 Home runs. Somehow, despite having more than 30 more hits and walks than he did this week, I tied in runs. I lost RBI's by 2.

Despite that, I was in line to win this week. I was leading in walks, batting average (by over 100 points), hits, stolen bases, ERA, WHIP, Losses and Saves. All that had to happen was for Rosenthal not to give up 4 runs without recording a freaking out. That performance made me go from winning both WHIP and ERA somewhat comfortably to losing them both by hundredths of a point. It made me go from winning the Pitchers loss category (annoying that they even use losses as a category) to tying in it. If he would have finished the save, I would have won the saves category instead of tying... but I wouldn't have even needed that with WHIP and ERA in my favor. All year, I would have been happy with a Rosenthal blown save, even if it meant it hurt me in fantasy. But now that the cubs were out of the division race, I just needed one more day without an implosion.
Last edited by PosterToBeNamedLater on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:07 pm

I've had Karlos Williams on my bench the last 2 weeks and he's outscored my #2 running back both weeks. I look forward to the Bills immediately riding McCoy next week when I start Williams.

User avatar
Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist
Posts: 28070
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:57 am
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:00 am

This is my own dumbass fault, but in the last week of this fantasy league im in (It was a work league, and I'd won football and basketball, so I was going for the triple crown) I tanked my last matchup of the year.

Even though it was going to drop me down a seed, I felt like the team I would matchup with in the playoffs as a result would be a better fit for my roster. It worked! I made it all the way to the finals and drew a 5-5 tie ... and lost because the team I tied was the same team I tanked against and the tiebreaker was head-to-head. Guess I need to read the fine print next year.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30635
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:25 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Butterscup » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:38 am

kinda wishing i didn't trade for leveon bell on wednesday.

kinda wishing i didn't include moncrief in the deal since i also have steve smith.

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:42 pm

I'm going to be far and away the highest scoring team in my 14 team league this year through 8 weeks (despite losing Charles and having to grab bag for running backs every week since), and I'm going to be 4-4. This is because I'm going to have faced nearly 1,000 points scored against me (standard scoring) at the end of the week.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:25 am

This isn't even the 20th worst fantasy moment in my life, but its rants and I feel blindsided because i didnt follow the sunday night game and woke up to this,.

Had a 40 point lead through the 3pm games with Alshon and Langford while my opponent had Cassel, Murray, Bryant and Gould. Yahoo had me at 90% chance to win....not bad Cassel will suck like normal, Murray will get his TDs vultured away and I'll probably be down 5-10 points going into MNF.

Well those 3 combined for 70 points (projected for 38), so now I'm down 30 points and a 20% chance of winning the week. Grrr...
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 47568
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:02 am

High individual scorer gets a sidepot in my league. DeAngelo Williams going down at the 1(with minimal effort to get into the end zone, since a FG won it) left me 1 point shy.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:24 am

Andy wrote:I'm going to be far and away the highest scoring team in my 14 team league this year through 8 weeks (despite losing Charles and having to grab bag for running backs every week since), and I'm going to be 4-4.

I didn't even realize this, but this was actually true in 2 different leagues heading into this week, although it wasn't a 'far and away' situation in both.

User avatar
CubsBearsMagic
All-Star
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 am

UMFan83 wrote:This isn't even the 20th worst fantasy moment in my life, but its rants and I feel blindsided because i didnt follow the sunday night game and woke up to this,.

Had a 40 point lead through the 3pm games with Alshon and Langford while my opponent had Cassel, Murray, Bryant and Gould. Yahoo had me at 90% chance to win....not bad Cassel will suck like normal, Murray will get his TDs vultured away and I'll probably be down 5-10 points going into MNF.

Well those 3 combined for 70 points (projected for 38), so now I'm down 30 points and a 20% chance of winning the week. Grrr...


Considering Jeffery and Langford had great nights and Gould sucked, I'm pretty sure you won, yeah?
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

User avatar
CubsBearsMagic
All-Star
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:47 am

Le'Veon and Charles were my starting RBs going into the season. Whoops. Thank God I chose Latavius over Foster in the draft, or I'd really be [expletive].

I now have a RB corps of Latavius, Langford, Blue, and Spiller. The fact that we're doing 5 keepers next year kept me from being able to handcuff DeAngelo, and I lost the claim for Charcandrick West. FML.

12-team league and I'm still in first place at 7-2 thanks in part by having Julio and Jeffery as WRs. I really don't know how much longer I can stay afloat at RB though, especially if Forte comes back soon.

The good news is that my 5 keepers next year will be Le'Veon, Charles, Jordy, Julio, and Jeffery. Latavius and Langford (likely a starter in 2016) are also options if any of the 3 ACL rehabs don't go well.
Last edited by CubsBearsMagic on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:48 am

CubsBearsMagic wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:This isn't even the 20th worst fantasy moment in my life, but its rants and I feel blindsided because i didnt follow the sunday night game and woke up to this,.

Had a 40 point lead through the 3pm games with Alshon and Langford while my opponent had Cassel, Murray, Bryant and Gould. Yahoo had me at 90% chance to win....not bad Cassel will suck like normal, Murray will get his TDs vultured away and I'll probably be down 5-10 points going into MNF.

Well those 3 combined for 70 points (projected for 38), so now I'm down 30 points and a 20% chance of winning the week. Grrr...


Considering Jeffery and Langford had great nights and Gould sucked, I'm pretty sure you won, yeah?


by 13! Yes, really nice when you come back on MNF - even better when those guys are also leading your real team to victory.
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:55 am

On a side note, I think even when Forte returns I'm gonna keep Langford stashed on my bench. With Forte over 30 and a UFA, theres a chance Langford is the Bears featured back next year right?
Dare to dream....
Image

User avatar
UK
Superstar
Posts: 19469
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 8:38 am

Re: Fantasy Rants

Postby UK » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:21 am

To my commissioner who keeps rejecting trades because the other team is out of the playoff run. Also, the weekly waiver order is based on record rather than last picked.


Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests