Transactions

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Transactions

Postby David » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat 32s
#Cubs roster move post-game: Doubront activated from DL, and Rosscup optioned to Iowa. However, Rosscup will be 26th man for DH
Image

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Chicago:
- Chicago Cubs recalled Blake Parker from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LF Junior Lake from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Arodys Vizcaino from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Dan Straily from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Zac Rosscup from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Brian Schlitter from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of LHP Eric Jokisch from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of C Rafael Lopez from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of Ryan Kalish from Iowa Cubs.

Iowa:
- Chicago Cubs optioned LHP Zac Rosscup to Iowa Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs placed C Lance Rymel on the temporarily inactive list.
- Iowa Cubs activated RHP Marcos Mateo from the 7-day disabled list.

Kane County:
- Kane County Cougars activated RHP Zak Hermans from the 7-day disabled list.
- Kane County Cougars placed RHP Jonathan Martinez on the temporarily inactive list.
- Tyler Alamo assigned to Kane County Cougars from AZL Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs sent 3B Mike Olt on a rehab assignment to Kane County Cougars.
- Kane County Cougars placed C Victor Caratini on the 7-day disabled list.

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! Transactions since September 4, 2014:

Chicago:
- Re-signed: LHP Jeffry Antigua, LHP Hunter Cervenka, RHP Starling Peralta, RHP Jose Rosario
- Signed: OF Yovanny Cuevas, OF Samir Lara, SS Jonathan Herrera, OF Wander Felix, IF Fidel Mejia, 2B Carlos Sepulveda, 3B Tony Rijo, LHP Wander Cabrera, SS Miguel Ruiz, SS Yeiler Peguero, RHP Jesus Camargo (Mexico City (Mexican)), RHP Anthony Carter (Nippon-Ham (Japan)), RHP Fernando Cruz (released by Royals, Oct. 3, 2012), OF Adron Chambers, RHP Emilio Ferrebus
- Traded: RHP Zack Godley and RHP Jeferson Mejia to Diamondbacks for C Miguel Montero
- Traded: SS Marco Hernandez to Red Sox as player to be named for LHP Felix Doubront
- Traded: OF Justin Ruggiano to Mariners for RHP Matt Brazis
- Recalled: RHP Blake Parker, RHP Brian Schlitter, RHP Dan Straily, RHP Arodys Vizcaino, LHP Zac Rosscup, OF Junior Lake
- Added to 40-man roster: LHP Eric Jokisch, C Rafael Lopez, OF Ryan Kalish
- Chicago Cubs recalled Mike Olt from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LF Josh Vitters from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Dallas Beeler from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Christian Villanueva from Tennessee Smokies.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of C.J. Edwards from Tennessee Smokies.

Iowa:
- Optioned to Triple-A: LHP Zac Rosscup
- Iowa Cubs activated RHP Trey McNutt from the 60-day disabled list.
- Iowa Cubs activated 2B Edgar Gonzalez from the 7-day disabled list.
- Iowa Cubs activated DH Manny Ramirez from the 7-day disabled list.
- Iowa Cubs activated LF Josh Vitters from the 7-day disabled list.
- Iowa Cubs activated C Lance Rymel from the temporarily inactive list.
- Iowa Cubs activated RHP Barret Loux from the 60-day disabled list.
- C Eli Whiteside elected free agency.
- LF Ryan Kalish elected free agency.
- Chicago Cubs sent LF Ryan Kalish outright to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs sent Josh Vitters outright to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs sent 1B Chris Valaika outright to Iowa Cubs.
- 1B Chris Valaika elected free agency.
- 2B Jonathan Herrera assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs claimed Ariel Ovando off waivers from Tri-City ValleyCats.
- Chicago Cubs sent Donn Roach outright to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs sent Logan Watkins outright to Iowa Cubs.

Tennessee:
- Tennessee Smokies activated RHP Felix Pena from the 7-day disabled list.
- Tennessee Smokies activated LF John Andreoli from the 7-day disabled list.
- Tennessee Smokies activated RHP P.J. Francescon from the 7-day disabled list.
- RHP Matt Brazis assigned to Tennessee Smokies.

Daytona/Myrtle Beach:
- Marcelo Carreno assigned to Cubs Extended Spring Training from Daytona Cubs.
- Marcelo Carreno roster status changed by Daytona Cubs.
- Kevin Encarnacion assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from Daytona Cubs.

Kane County/South Bend:
- South Bend Silver Hawks activated RHP Brad Renner from the 60-day disabled list.
- Scott Frazier assigned to South Bend Silver Hawks from Kane County Cougars.
- Frailyn Figueroa assigned to South Bend Silver Hawks from DSL Cubs.
- Trey Masek assigned to South Bend Silver Hawks from Boise Hawks.
- Jose Zapata assigned to South Bend Silver Hawks from DSL Cubs.

Boise/Eugene:
- None

Mesa:
- None

Lost in the Rule V Draft:
- Major league Rule 5 selection: LHP Andrew McKirahan (Marlins)
- Minor league Rule 5 selections: C Luis Flores (Astros), 1B Rock Shoulders (Rangers)

Cubs' Minor League Free Agents:
- RHP: Alberto Cabrera (AAA), Lendy Castillo (AA), Eduardo Figueroa (Hi A), Marcus Hatley (AAA), Marcos Mateo (AAA), Carlos Pimentel (AAA), Dae-Eun Rhee (AAA)
- C: Charlie Cutler (AA), Nathan Maldonado (Hi A)
- 1B: Lars Anderson (AA)
- 2B: Edgar Gonzalez (AAA), Jonathan Mota (AAA), Chris Valaika (AAA)
- OF: Manny Ramirez (AAA), Josh Vitters (AAA)

User avatar
Little Slide Rooter
Formerly West Side Rooter
Posts: 25222
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Baseball Hell

Re: Transactions

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:51 pm

The Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan have announced that they’ve signed former Cubs prospect Dae-eun Rhee to a one-year deal worth around $450K, according to the Japan Times (via Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune on Twitter). Rhee, 25, posted a 3.42 ERA with 5.7 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9 in a 152 2/3 innings split between Double-A and Triple-A in 2014. The Cubs signed Rhee out of Korea for $525K in 2007.

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Chicago:
- Signed: LHP Francisley Bueno (non-tendered by Royals)
- Traded: LHP Mike Kickham to Mariners for RHP Lars Huijer
- Signed RHP Daniel Bard to a minor league contract (not confirmed yet)

Iowa:
- C Taylor Teagarden assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- RHP Jorge De Leon assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- RHP Andres Santiago assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- RHP Anthony Carter assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- LF Adron Chambers assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- 1B Chris Valaika assigned to Iowa Cubs.

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Chicago:
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of Addison Russell from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of Gonzalez Germen from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of 3B Kris Bryant from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Zac Rosscup from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Brian Schlitter from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of 2B Jonathan Herrera from Iowa Cubs.

Iowa:
- Iowa Cubs placed LHP Eric Jokisch on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to April 19, 2015.
- Chicago Cubs optioned 2B Arismendy Alcantara to Iowa Cubs.
- Michael Wagner assigned to Iowa Cubs from AZL Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs placed RHP Blake Parker on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to April 16, 2015.
- Hunter Cervenka assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- Chicago Cubs optioned CF Matt Szczur to Iowa Cubs.
- C Taylor Teagarden assigned to Iowa Cubs from AZL Cubs.
- 3B Christian Villanueva assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- Chicago Cubs sent LHP Tsuyoshi Wada on a rehab assignment to Iowa Cubs.
- LHP James Russell assigned to Iowa Cubs from AZL Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs activated LHP Joe Ortiz.
- Iowa Cubs placed SS Javier Baez on the bereavement list.
- Blake Cooper assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- Taylor Davis assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- LHP Jeffry Antigua assigned to Iowa Cubs from AZL Cubs.
- RF Kevin Brown assigned to Iowa Cubs from South Bend Cubs.
- LF John Andreoli assigned to Iowa Cubs.
- 2B Addison Russell assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- Rubi Silva assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- Iowa Cubs released RHP Jorge De Leon.
- Iowa Cubs released LHP Francisley Bueno.
- Chicago Cubs sent LHP Drake Britton outright to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs optioned LF Junior Lake to Iowa Cubs.

Tennessee:
- LHP Jeffry Antigua assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- C.J. Edwards assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- Andres Santiago assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- Ryan Dent assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- Starling Peralta assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- Tennessee Smokies activated C Erick Castillo from the 7-day disabled list.
- Tennessee Smokies placed LHP Rob Zastryzny on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to April 13, 2015.

Myrtle Beach:
- RHP Jasvir Rakkar assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from South Bend Cubs.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans placed RHP Juan Paniagua on the 7-day disabled list.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans activated LHP Michael Heesch from the 7-day disabled list.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans placed 2B Andrew Ely on the 7-day disabled list.
- Josh Conway assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from Eugene Emeralds.

South Bend:
- David Bote assigned to South Bend Cubs from Iowa Cubs.
- South Bend Cubs activated RF Yasiel Balaguert from the 7-day disabled list.
- South Bend Cubs placed RF Jeffrey Baez on the 7-day disabled list.
- RHP David Garner assigned to South Bend Cubs.
- South Bend Cubs placed RHP Jasvir Rakkar on the 7-day disabled list.
- South Bend Cubs activated LHP Tyler Ihrig from the 7-day disabled list.
- South Bend Cubs placed LHP Tyler Ihrig on the 7-day disabled list.
- South Bend Cubs placed RF Yasiel Balaguert on the 7-day disabled list.

AZL Cubs:
- Jae-Hoon Ha assigned to AZL Cubs from Iowa Cubs.
- Ariel Ovando assigned to AZL Cubs from Iowa Cubs.

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Wed May 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Chicago:
- Chicago Cubs recalled LF Junior Lake from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs selected the contract of James Russell from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled Matt Szczur from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs signed free agent LHP Daniel Schlereth to a minor league contract.
- Chicago Cubs signed free agent RHP Felipe Paulino to a minor league contract.

Iowa:
- Iowa Cubs placed LHP Eric Jokisch on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to April 19, 2015.
- RHP Andres Santiago assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- LHP Jeffry Antigua assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- Chicago Cubs sent RHP Dallas Beeler on a rehab assignment to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs optioned RHP Brian Schlitter to Iowa Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs placed RHP Barret Loux on the 7-day disabled list.
- Iowa Cubs activated LHP Eric Jokisch from the 7-day disabled list.
- Iowa Cubs activated SS Javier Baez from the bereavement list.
- Chicago Cubs sent RHP Justin Grimm on a rehab assignment to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs sent LHP Joe Ortiz outright to Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs optioned Gonzalez Germen to Iowa Cubs.
- Iowa Cubs placed RHP Yoanner Negrin on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to May 4, 2015. right elbow injury
- Chicago Cubs optioned Junior Lake to Iowa Cubs.

Tennessee:
- LHP Jeffry Antigua assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- RHP Andres Santiago assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- RHP Matt Brazis assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- Tennessee Smokies placed RHP Matt Brazis on the 7-day disabled list.
- Tennessee Smokies activated LHP Rob Zastryzny from the 7-day disabled list.
- LHP Jeffry Antigua assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- Jacob Hannemann assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- Tennessee Smokies placed CF Albert Almora on the 7-day disabled list.
- Tennessee Smokies placed LHP Rob Zastryzny on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to May 1, 2015.
- Gerardo Concepcion assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- Tennessee Smokies activated CF Albert Almora from the 7-day disabled list.

Myrtle Beach:
- Ben Wells assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from AZL Cubs.
- RF Kevin Brown assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from Iowa Cubs.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans placed LF Shawon Dunston Jr. on the 7-day disabled list.
- LF Trey Martin assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from South Bend Cubs.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans activated RHP Juan Paniagua from the 7-day disabled list.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans placed C Alberto Mineo on the 7-day disabled list.
- Zach Cates assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from Tennessee Smokies.

South Bend:
- South Bend Cubs placed RHP James Norwood on the 7-day disabled list.
- South Bend Cubs activated RF Jeffrey Baez from the 7-day disabled list.

Stu
Role Player
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Transactions

Postby Stu » Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 am

Did anyone see that note in the Sun Times today quoting Hoyer as saying a Cubs-Mets deal would be a good fit and likely happen at some point, or something like that? it stuck me as way out of character. Did I read that wrong?

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue May 12, 2015 9:13 am

Stu wrote:Did anyone see that note in the Sun Times today quoting Hoyer as saying a Cubs-Mets deal would be a good fit and likely happen at some point, or something like that? it stuck me as way out of character. Did I read that wrong?


This does seem odd for him to say. I guess you could assume he was saying that at some point in time between now and the end of time the Cubs and Mets would make a trade.
Obviously, there’s a deal waiting to happen, right? As former Cub manager Dale Sveum might say, “kind of a no-brainer.”

Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer acknowledged as much as the Cubs’ opened a four-game series against the Mets at Wrigley Field on Monday, saying the Cubs’ fourth-year front office and the Mets’ fifth-year regime have discussed trades.


“We haven’t made a deal yet, but there’s been matches that made sense, and I’m sure we’ll talk to them in the future,” said Hoyer, who has a relationship with Mets player-development executive Paul DePodesta going back to their time together in the Padres’ front office.

Cubs president Theo Epstein and Mets GM Sandy Alderson also have a good relationship.

“I guess when you factor in the hitting and the pitching, I guess people think it’s unusual,” Hoyer said of the fact the teams haven’t hooked up on a trade.

“But it’ll happen at some point.”
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

User avatar
wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6024
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:49 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Transactions

Postby wvcbxl » Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:This does seem odd for him to say. I guess you could assume he was saying that at some point in time between now and the end of time the Cubs and Mets would make a trade.


What do the Mets have that the Cubs want/need (not taking cost in to consideration)?
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue May 12, 2015 1:37 pm

wvcbxl wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:This does seem odd for him to say. I guess you could assume he was saying that at some point in time between now and the end of time the Cubs and Mets would make a trade.


What do the Mets have that the Cubs want/need (not taking cost in to consideration)?


in short, young pitching
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Iowa:
- Iowa Cubs activated LHP Drake Britton from the 7-day disabled list.
- Chicago Cubs sent Anthony Varvaro outright to Iowa Cubs.
- Tyler Ihrig assigned to Iowa Cubs from Eugene Emeralds.

Tennessee:
- Tennessee Smokies released 1B Dustin Geiger.
- Billy McKinney assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- Wes Darvill assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.

Myrtle Beach:
- 3B Jordan Hankins assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from Cubs Extended Spring Training.
- 2B Chesny Young assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from South Bend Cubs.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans released RHP Ben Wells.
- RF Pin-Chieh Chen assigned to Myrtle Beach Pelicans from Tennessee Smokies.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans activated 3B Jordan Hankins from the 7-day disabled list.

South Bend:
- South Bend Cubs activated RHP James Norwood from the 7-day disabled list.
- Andrew Ely assigned to South Bend Cubs from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.

Eugene:
- Eugene Emeralds released RHP Trevor Graham.

Extended Spring Training:
- Alberto Mineo assigned to Cubs Extended Spring Training from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.

User avatar
Post Count Padder
Superstar
Posts: 14017
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:51 pm
Location: PSU @ University Park/State College

Re: Transactions

Postby Post Count Padder » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Barrett Loux has been released according to BA's transactions page. Remember when he was a first rounder?
formerly known as PriorPower


Image

Image

CubsInNC
All-Star
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: Transactions

Postby CubsInNC » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Per BA: Zach Cates and Trey McNutt released.

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Lakehouse with Nana!

Re: Transactions

Postby PackLandVA » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:28 am

Wasn't McNutt the Cubs' top pitching prospect just a couple of years ago?

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49202
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:23 am
Location: Puget Sound

Re: Transactions

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:33 am

It's closer to 5 years ago now, his value peaked after the 2010 season and offseason where he almost went in the Garza deal. He was never able to get over the AA hump.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: Transactions

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:It's closer to 5 years ago now, his value peaked after the 2010 season and offseason where he almost went in the Garza deal. He was never able to get over the AA hump.


I think he was also one of the names Red Sox fans wanted as compensation for Theo and all the Cub fans laughed and said hell no
Dare to dream....
Image

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:19 pm

It's been awhile since I've posted a minor league Transactions update - I just published a book on teaching called "Learn Like a PIRATE" that's been keeping me busy! Check it out if you're curious: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098821766X?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=098821766X&linkCode=xm2&tag=llap03-20

Here's the update:

Chicago:
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Dallas Beeler from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Eric Jokisch from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled 3B Christian Villanueva from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled 2B Arismendy Alcantara from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Yoervis Medina from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Zac Rosscup from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Carl Edwards Jr. from Iowa Cubs.

Iowa:
- 2B Emilio Bonifacio elected free agency.
- RHP Felipe Paulino elected free agency.
- RHP Blake Parker elected free agency.
- RHP Daniel Bard elected free agency.
- LHP Drake Britton elected free agency.
- RHP Carlos Pimentel elected free agency.
- RHP Fernando Cruz elected free agency.
- LF Adron Chambers elected free agency.
- LHP Ryan Buchter elected free agency.
- C Luke Carlin elected free agency.
- 1B Chris Valaika elected free agency.
- C Taylor Teagarden elected free agency.
- Iowa Cubs released LHP Tsuyoshi Wada.
- RHP Brian Schlitter elected free agency.
- RF Mike Baxter elected free agency.
- LHP James Russell elected free agency.
- RF Kevin Brown assigned to Iowa Cubs from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- RHP Fernando Cruz assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- 2B Ryan Dent assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.

Tennessee:
- RHP Michael Wagner assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- IF Jonathan Mota elected free agency.
- RHP Felix Pena elected free agency.
- RHP Andres Santiago elected free agency.
- RHP Starling Peralta elected free agency.
- 3B Wes Darvill elected free agency.
- LHP Jeffry Antigua elected free agency.

Myrtle Beach:
- RF Pin-Chieh Chen elected free agency.
- RHP Jose Rosario elected free agency.

Eugene:
- RHP Jae-Hoon Ha elected free agency.

User avatar
snoodmonger
Superstar
Posts: 11627
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:53 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Re: Transactions

Postby snoodmonger » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:07 am

Wrigley Rat wrote:It's been awhile since I've posted a minor league Transactions update - I just published a book on teaching called "Learn Like a PIRATE" that's been keeping me busy! Check it out if you're curious: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098821766X?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=098821766X&linkCode=xm2&tag=llap03-20

Here's the update:

Chicago:
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Dallas Beeler from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Eric Jokisch from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled 3B Christian Villanueva from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled 2B Arismendy Alcantara from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Yoervis Medina from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Zac Rosscup from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Carl Edwards Jr. from Iowa Cubs.

Iowa:
- 2B Emilio Bonifacio elected free agency.
- RHP Felipe Paulino elected free agency.
- RHP Blake Parker elected free agency.
- RHP Daniel Bard elected free agency.
- LHP Drake Britton elected free agency.
- RHP Carlos Pimentel elected free agency.
- RHP Fernando Cruz elected free agency.
- LF Adron Chambers elected free agency.
- LHP Ryan Buchter elected free agency.
- C Luke Carlin elected free agency.
- 1B Chris Valaika elected free agency.
- C Taylor Teagarden elected free agency.
- Iowa Cubs released LHP Tsuyoshi Wada.
- RHP Brian Schlitter elected free agency.
- RF Mike Baxter elected free agency.
- LHP James Russell elected free agency.
- RF Kevin Brown assigned to Iowa Cubs from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- RHP Fernando Cruz assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- 2B Ryan Dent assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.

Tennessee:
- RHP Michael Wagner assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- IF Jonathan Mota elected free agency.
- RHP Felix Pena elected free agency.
- RHP Andres Santiago elected free agency.
- RHP Starling Peralta elected free agency.
- 3B Wes Darvill elected free agency.
- LHP Jeffry Antigua elected free agency.

Myrtle Beach:
- RF Pin-Chieh Chen elected free agency.
- RHP Jose Rosario elected free agency.

Eugene:
- RHP Jae-Hoon Ha elected free agency.



Congrats on the book! My wife is just finishing up her student teaching and is poised to become an elementary educator in California. I showed her your book's amazon page, and she says she loves your ideas.

User avatar
Bear Cub
Role Player
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:22 am
Location: Geneseo, Il

Re: Transactions

Postby Bear Cub » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:56 am

According to AZ Phil, Willson Contreras,Frank Batista, Jeimer Candelario, Logan Watkins, and Jose Rosario have agreed to Futures contracts for next season. They will still be eligible for the Rule 55 draft if they are not put on the major league roster by Nov. 20.
Bring Sammy back into the Cubs family!

Wrigley Rat
All-Star
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Re: Transactions

Postby Wrigley Rat » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:28 am

snoodmonger wrote:
Wrigley Rat wrote:It's been awhile since I've posted a minor league Transactions update - I just published a book on teaching called "Learn Like a PIRATE" that's been keeping me busy! Check it out if you're curious: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098821766X?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=098821766X&linkCode=xm2&tag=llap03-20

Here's the update:

Chicago:
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Dallas Beeler from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Eric Jokisch from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled 3B Christian Villanueva from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled 2B Arismendy Alcantara from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Yoervis Medina from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Zac Rosscup from Iowa Cubs.
- Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Carl Edwards Jr. from Iowa Cubs.

Iowa:
- 2B Emilio Bonifacio elected free agency.
- RHP Felipe Paulino elected free agency.
- RHP Blake Parker elected free agency.
- RHP Daniel Bard elected free agency.
- LHP Drake Britton elected free agency.
- RHP Carlos Pimentel elected free agency.
- RHP Fernando Cruz elected free agency.
- LF Adron Chambers elected free agency.
- LHP Ryan Buchter elected free agency.
- C Luke Carlin elected free agency.
- 1B Chris Valaika elected free agency.
- C Taylor Teagarden elected free agency.
- Iowa Cubs released LHP Tsuyoshi Wada.
- RHP Brian Schlitter elected free agency.
- RF Mike Baxter elected free agency.
- LHP James Russell elected free agency.
- RF Kevin Brown assigned to Iowa Cubs from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- RHP Fernando Cruz assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.
- 2B Ryan Dent assigned to Iowa Cubs from Tennessee Smokies.

Tennessee:
- RHP Michael Wagner assigned to Tennessee Smokies from Iowa Cubs.
- IF Jonathan Mota elected free agency.
- RHP Felix Pena elected free agency.
- RHP Andres Santiago elected free agency.
- RHP Starling Peralta elected free agency.
- 3B Wes Darvill elected free agency.
- LHP Jeffry Antigua elected free agency.

Myrtle Beach:
- RF Pin-Chieh Chen elected free agency.
- RHP Jose Rosario elected free agency.

Eugene:
- RHP Jae-Hoon Ha elected free agency.



Congrats on the book! My wife is just finishing up her student teaching and is poised to become an elementary educator in California. I showed her your book's amazon page, and she says she loves your ideas.


Hey - Thanks so much for sharing the link with her! I wish her luck during the job search!!! :)


Return to “Minor Leagues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests