Arrested Development Season 4 Thread!

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Re: Arrested Development Season 4 Thread!

Postby biittner77 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:55 am

I think they need to film all the episodes at the same time like they did with LOTR. There really aren't that many times in the first 3 seasons where everybody is in the same place at the same time. If they could find a couple windows to shoot those "the whole family is together" scenes they could work around other schedules. It's not ideal and it's unconventional for a sitcom but they're probably going to release them all at the same time anyway so it's not like it will make the fans wait longer. Plus the fans won't care about the wait so much as the end product being great.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:24 am

snoodmonger wrote:
Butters wrote:just gimmie the whole cast actually together this time and this should be great

I have to admit, I didn't really like Season 4 that much for that reason, which is why I'd prefer a movie. I'm dubious they'll be able to get the whole cast together simultaneously to do a bunch of episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't get them all in any fashion.

I guy I know who's friendly with Portia De Rossi (I know, I'm big time), and he told me last year she'd decided to stop acting so she could focus on producing. She could have easily changed her mind, but that's just one reminder on how hard it is to get all those people on the same page.

I'm curious to see the re-edited version of season 4 that's supposedly still in the works. Everything is told more consecutively, the episodes are edited down and there's different narration.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
snoodmonger wrote:
Butters wrote:just gimmie the whole cast actually together this time and this should be great

I have to admit, I didn't really like Season 4 that much for that reason, which is why I'd prefer a movie. I'm dubious they'll be able to get the whole cast together simultaneously to do a bunch of episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't get them all in any fashion.

I guy I know who's friendly with Portia De Rossi (I know, I'm big time), and he told me last year she'd decided to stop acting so she could focus on producing. She could have easily changed her mind, but that's just one reminder on how hard it is to get all those people on the same page.

I'm curious to see the re-edited version of season 4 that's supposedly still in the works. Everything is told more consecutively, the episodes are edited down and there's different narration.

I don't really see how that'd improve it. It just wasn't very funny.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:29 am

There were definitely storylines that I really liked; I'm hoping the bringing everything together would make the draggier parts less draggy.

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:43 pm

http://nerdist.com/arrested-development ... -murderer/

During the fourth season of Arrested Development, the series explored a ludicrous plotline in which Lindsay Bluth (Portia de Rossi) decided to run for political office as a Republican after her anti-Mexican rhetoric and her father’s plans to “put up a wall” made her popular with the American public. Now that reality is catching up to satire with Donald Trump’s Presidential candidacy, Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz isn’t about to pass up on the parallels with Lucille in the fifth season.

A new report from the TCA Press Tour indicates that Hurwitz is hoping to get Arrested Development season 5 out before the upcoming Presidential elections to take advantage of the unexpected timeliness of his Lindsay storyline. Hurwitz is also reported to have plans to parody Netflix’s Making a Murderer and HBO’s The Jinx with his storyline for Buster (Tony Hale), who was arrested for murder at the end of the fourth season.
"I don't think this team improves by trading Scott Feldman," Samardzija said.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 pm

The Logan wrote:http://nerdist.com/arrested-development-season-5-will-spoof-donald-trump-and-making-a-murderer/

During the fourth season of Arrested Development, the series explored a ludicrous plotline in which Lindsay Bluth (Portia de Rossi) decided to run for political office as a Republican after her anti-Mexican rhetoric and her father’s plans to “put up a wall” made her popular with the American public. Now that reality is catching up to satire with Donald Trump’s Presidential candidacy, Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz isn’t about to pass up on the parallels with Lucille in the fifth season.

A new report from the TCA Press Tour indicates that Hurwitz is hoping to get Arrested Development season 5 out before the upcoming Presidential elections to take advantage of the unexpected timeliness of his Lindsay storyline. Hurwitz is also reported to have plans to parody Netflix’s Making a Murderer and HBO’s The Jinx with his storyline for Buster (Tony Hale), who was arrested for murder at the end of the fourth season.

I worry about the part where he hasn't started writing yet, doesn't know cast availability. I hope they don't have to piece mail it like they did season 4 with the cast not being available on many, if any, of the same dates to shoot stuff together.
Screw Pitchers

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Season 4 was...not good. Just stop. Making things topical that will look outdated and weird in 2 years isn't going to help matters.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:14 pm

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Yep and those things aren't what holds up from the original series

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Shhhhhh.

The 4th (and 3rd, if we're being honest) had plenty of problems, but dated "topical" humor wasn't really one of them. The show has always handled it just fine. The biggest concern should just be whether or not they can actually make it with everyone able to shoot together this time.

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:58 pm

the second half of the fourth season was perfectly fine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:28 pm

season 4 of AD was like the last couple season's of Lost in that I remember liking things in the moment but I barely remember anything about it now and have no desire to revisit it

Return to “Social”