Potpourri Thread

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:28 pm

looks good
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 49519
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Jebus, those are beautiful. Your Kailua photo is so much better than any that I've taken there. There's some beautiful scenery on that side of the island.
fantastic photos. I've got family there. Amazing place
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:42 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Jebus, those are beautiful. Your Kailua photo is so much better than any that I've taken there. There's some beautiful scenery on that side of the island.
fantastic photos. I've got family there. Amazing place

Ever stop by this place? It was in Kaneohe. (I don't know how to make it smaller)
Abbc3 Spoiler Show
Image

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 50813
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Perth, W.A.
Contact:

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:57 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Jebus, those are beautiful. Your Kailua photo is so much better than any that I've taken there. There's some beautiful scenery on that side of the island.
fantastic photos. I've got family there. Amazing place


yeah, i probably wouldn't have even gone there except that a friend of mine lives in kailua with his family. kailua/lanikai were gorgeous, plus just really nice suburbs in general. i can see why they settled there.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 56403
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:38 am

Great photos. What kind of camera are you using? I assume those weren't taken with your phone or anything.

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 50813
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Perth, W.A.
Contact:

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:23 am

Banedon wrote:Great photos. What kind of camera are you using? I assume those weren't taken with your phone or anything.


thanks... yep, no iPhone photos. i use a canon g15, which is sort of a high-end point and shoot camera, although i'm going to get a nicer camera in the next couple of months. i also do a little post processing with a mac program called aperture.

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby yanrslatr » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:43 pm

nice shots. never realized how much travel money i've wasted on toilet paper.

User avatar
David
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45384
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby David » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 pm

The Logan wrote:1) Those photos are amazing. Very nice work!

2) I've submitted my application for the Cubs video job. Wish me luck! Here's the demo reel I slapped together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axob9o0Po2g


I think you'd help your chances if you included my sig in that video.

j/k looks awesome. best of luck!
Image

User avatar
mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7135
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:53 am
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
Contact:

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby mul21 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:14 pm

Well, I didn't win the powerball on my own tickets. Gotta hope the 205 at work come through now.
I like beer.

User avatar
Cubswin11
Superstar
Posts: 10503
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:00 am

mul21 wrote:Well, I didn't win the powerball on my own tickets. Gotta hope the 205 at work come through now.

Nobody won, wow. Up to $1.3 billion. Someone is gonna be in the 3 comma club.

Image
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Careless
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25294
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:27 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby Careless » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:21 am

Cubswin11 wrote:
mul21 wrote:Well, I didn't win the powerball on my own tickets. Gotta hope the 205 at work come through now.

Nobody won, wow. Up to $1.3 billion. Someone is gonna be in the 3 comma club.

Image

Well, it's only about what, $400 million if you take the immediate payout and then after taxes

But I believe it's positive EV now
We are doomed.

User avatar
mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7135
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:53 am
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
Contact:

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby mul21 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Careless wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
mul21 wrote:Well, I didn't win the powerball on my own tickets. Gotta hope the 205 at work come through now.

Nobody won, wow. Up to $1.3 billion. Someone is gonna be in the 3 comma club.

Image

Well, it's only about what, $400 million if you take the immediate payout and then after taxes

But I believe it's positive EV now


$806 million cash value, likely closer to $450 million after taxes.
I like beer.

User avatar
yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 16537
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby yanrslatr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:29 pm

let's make a deal that if any nsbb member wins, we'll all split the pot.

CubinNY
Superstar
Posts: 19411
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Pike Road, Al

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby CubinNY » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:26 am

yanrslatr wrote:let's make a deal that if any nsbb member wins, we'll all split the pot.

I'll pay the $250/month donation for everyone but I"m splitting nothing with you people.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 24935
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 pm
Location: Durnsville

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 pm

http://graphics.latimes.com/powerball-simulator/

I'm letting it run to see how far in the hole I can get before I win. I'm already down $150k.
Image

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 12854
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:03 pm
Location: Mobile, AL
Contact:

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby The Logan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

mul21 wrote:
Careless wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
mul21 wrote:Well, I didn't win the powerball on my own tickets. Gotta hope the 205 at work come through now.

Nobody won, wow. Up to $1.3 billion. Someone is gonna be in the 3 comma club.

Image

Well, it's only about what, $400 million if you take the immediate payout and then after taxes

But I believe it's positive EV now


$806 million cash value, likely closer to $450 million after taxes.


Currently at $1.4 billion now. In a tax free state like Florida the cash payout is $651,000,000.

https://www.usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp
"I don't think this team improves by trading Scott Feldman," Samardzija said.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:04 pm

The Logan wrote:
mul21 wrote:
Careless wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
mul21 wrote:Well, I didn't win the powerball on my own tickets. Gotta hope the 205 at work come through now.

Nobody won, wow. Up to $1.3 billion. Someone is gonna be in the 3 comma club.

Image

Well, it's only about what, $400 million if you take the immediate payout and then after taxes

But I believe it's positive EV now

That's just initial payout. You'll still owe that additional ~15% of your winnings to the federal government at the end of the year. Though you can at least milk a nice little amount of interest for 350 days.

$806 million cash value, likely closer to $450 million after taxes.


Currently at $1.4 billion now. In a tax free state like Florida the cash payout is $651,000,000.

https://www.usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp
ImageImage

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Image

davell
Superstar
Posts: 15883
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:55 pm

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby davell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:56 pm

maybe the greatest video I've ever watched on any medium https://t.co/4mq1EKyc7A
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Image

User avatar
CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 84788
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:20 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Potpourri Thread

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:55 am

I need to go on vacation with Truffle. Geez.


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest