The Politics Thread

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am

Maybe Clinton and co. are just absolutely terrible at running a presidential campaign. It's oddly hilarious watching them flail yet again against a candidate that, on paper, they have no business even competing with, much less losing to.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:25 am

so, Hilary's going to be the next president. i'm kind of disappointed, but what are the chances she picks Bernie as her running mate?
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:28 am

Stannis wrote:so, Hilary's going to be the next president. i'm kind of disappointed, but what are the chances she picks Bernie as her running mate?

Better than me winning the powerball but still statistically irrelevant?

I'm guessing someone not from the northeast. Maybe/probably a minority. Also a relatively fresh political face.
ImageImage

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

Stannis wrote:so, Hilary's going to be the next president. i'm kind of disappointed, but what are the chances she picks Bernie as her running mate?

So nil it's ridiculous to even ask.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Maybe Clinton and co. are just absolutely terrible at running a presidential campaign. It's oddly hilarious watching them flail yet again against a candidate that, on paper, they have no business even competing with, much less losing to.

I hope this isn't a fake rally from Bernie.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:45 am

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Maybe Clinton and co. are just absolutely terrible at running a presidential campaign. It's oddly hilarious watching them flail yet again against a candidate that, on paper, they have no business even competing with, much less losing to.

Odds are, sadly, it is, but it's fun to see the Clintons and their people squirm.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:56 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Odds are, sadly, it is, but it's fun to see the Clintons and their people squirm.

Yep...and they have such terrible panic moves too. Attacking Bernie freaking Sanders on healthcare? Really?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Yep...and they have such terrible panic moves too. Attacking Bernie freaking Sanders on healthcare? Really?

Exactly. They just start flailing. Nevermind it would be much easier to just double down on the Democratic rhetoric and focus on the much bigger and obvious target of the multi-headed Republican nightmare currently running, but no, somehow in their heads attacking Sanders makes sense.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:18 am

Well you can argue attacking Bernie now is a way to future-proof attacks from the right that will try to also portray her as a radical leftist.
ImageImage

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:21 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Well you can argue attacking Bernie now is a way to future-proof attacks from the right that will try to also portray her as a radical leftist.

that won't prevent the attacks.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:22 am

And that's basically the last thing they'll attack her on.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:26 am

Ugh, Clinton. We could've done better

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:30 am

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:37 am

The idea that so many people think a born rich billionaire from Queens and Manhattan who is married to a model and is responsible for Trump Tower somehow represents "real America" is delightful. The amount of things you have to flat out ignore to convince yourself he's just a guy who tells it like it is and isn't part of "the establishment/the elite/etc." is staggering.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:42 am

He wears a red hat just like me.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:44 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:The idea that so many people think a born rich billionaire from Queens and Manhattan who is married to a model and is responsible for Trump Tower somehow represents "real America" is delightful. The amount of things you have to flat out ignore to convince yourself he's just a guy who tells it like it is and isn't part of "the establishment/the elite/etc." is staggering.

I said this almost verbatim when a Facebook friend ranted about how out of touch Clinton is.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:51 am

Nobody gets to that level by being a "normal person;" too many people have this nonsensical idea that a person running anything is going to be like their buddy they can pal around and grab a beer with.

NOLA
formerly northsider2004

Postby NOLA » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:The idea that so many people think a born rich billionaire from Queens and Manhattan who is married to a model and is responsible for Trump Tower somehow represents "real America" is delightful. The amount of things you have to flat out ignore to convince yourself he's just a guy who tells it like it is and isn't part of "the establishment/the elite/etc." is staggering.

It's the mentality that sustains the GOP as a political party. You know, the party that nominated Mitt, W, and possibly Cruz or Trump. How someone living in squalor can be a die hard Republican is amazing.

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Hahahah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:14 am

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:http://gawker.com/city-official-quits-after-asking-male-bus-driver-to-dre-1753167738

https://youtu.be/WgOIEGz7o_s

How did she get Chris Christie to wear a wig?

CubinNY
Superstar

Postby CubinNY » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:34 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Nobody gets to that level by being a "normal person;" too many people have this nonsensical idea that a person running anything is going to be like their buddy they can pal around and grab a beer with.

If it's true in Adam Sandler movies, it's true in real life, damn you.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:42 am

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Nobody gets to that level by being a "normal person;" too many people have this nonsensical idea that a person running anything is going to be like their buddy they can pal around and grab a beer with.

If it's true in Adam Sandler movies, it's true in real life, damn you.

If Kevin Kline and Charles Grodin can balance the budget, so can I!

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:29 pm

"We're going to win every state if Bernie Sanders is the nominee," Ohio Gov. John Kasich said to laughter from the audience. "That's not even an issue. And I know Bernie. And I can promise you he won't be president of the United States."

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Banedon wrote:
"We're going to win every state if Bernie Sanders is the nominee," Ohio Gov. John Kasich said to laughter from the audience. "That's not even an issue. And I know Bernie. And I can promise you he won't be president of the United States."

They are either a) terrified of him or b) completely underestimating him, both of which are good for Sanders

Return to “Social”