The Politics Thread

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Banedon wrote:http://www.mediaite.com/online/30-of-republicans-would-support-bombing-aladdins-homeland-of-agrabah/

The most recent poll from the Democratic polling firm Public Policy Polling finds that 30% of Republicans nationally would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah.

In fairness to Republican voters, PPP later said on Twitter that Democrats also voiced opinions on bombing the fictional country. 36% say they would oppose a bombing campaign, while 19% support it.

Wait until they learn about the latest threat, from...UNDER THE SEA...

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:http://www.mediaite.com/online/30-of-republicans-would-support-bombing-aladdins-homeland-of-agrabah/

The most recent poll from the Democratic polling firm Public Policy Polling finds that 30% of Republicans nationally would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah.

In fairness to Republican voters, PPP later said on Twitter that Democrats also voiced opinions on bombing the fictional country. 36% say they would oppose a bombing campaign, while 19% support it.

Wait until they learn about the latest threat, from...UNDER THE SEA...

I always knew that singing crab was up to no good.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Christ, Democrats can seemingly only get their [expletive] together when they're trying to eat their own; in one fell swoop, the DNC has basically killed what little shot Sanders had with this charge that his campaign "improperly accessed" Clinton voter data. Basically his campaign has no access to the general DNC voting data now until they can somehow prove they've "destroyed" the Clinton info they saw, so they're effectively working blind for the time being. Basically this has been a repeated problem from the data vendor's end, and Sanders' campaign is the only one that's actually been upfront and reported it multiple times, and now they're effectively being punished for being the honest ones.

Meanwhile the Republicans are losing their [expletive] minds not having any clue as to what to do about Trump. How the hell is THIS party continually dominating the other one?

In a much cooler alternate reality these situations are reversed.

Well, I sure as [expletive] didn't expect Bernie to go all kamikaze on the DNC like he's done in short order. This could get real bad for the Democrats real fast. President Cruz just got a bit more realistic. This just might be the most Democrat-y Democrat debacle yet.

Lenny
Starter

Postby Lenny » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Christ, Democrats can seemingly only get their [expletive] together when they're trying to eat their own; in one fell swoop, the DNC has basically killed what little shot Sanders had with this charge that his campaign "improperly accessed" Clinton voter data. Basically his campaign has no access to the general DNC voting data now until they can somehow prove they've "destroyed" the Clinton info they saw, so they're effectively working blind for the time being. Basically this has been a repeated problem from the data vendor's end, and Sanders' campaign is the only one that's actually been upfront and reported it multiple times, and now they're effectively being punished for being the honest ones.

Meanwhile the Republicans are losing their [expletive] minds not having any clue as to what to do about Trump. How the hell is THIS party continually dominating the other one?

In a much cooler alternate reality these situations are reversed.

Well, I sure as [expletive] didn't expect Bernie to go all kamikaze on the DNC like he's done in short order. This could get real bad for the Democrats real fast. President Cruz just got a bit more realistic. This just might be the most Democrat-y Democrat debacle yet.

Would it be a surprise if this whole thing turned out to be more typical Clinton dirty pool? Especially after the big week he's had? I imagine there's a lot more to this story, hence the suit. I wouldn't reach for the Tums just yet.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:37 pm

I think it's just data storage incompetence; this isn't the only time this has happened, and it hasn't only happened in this "direction," too. I mean, Clinton loves playing dirty, but this would too easily blow up in her face. Now, the DNC is all in line for her, so I could see people pushing for her basically taking advantage of the situation try and gut shot Sanders' campaign, but ultimately I don't think it's likely at all that this whole thing was a staged move to take him down because it would simply be overplaying their hands; as it stood they could have just let it play out diplomatically and she ultimately gets the nod with his endorsement. Now there's a serious chance of that not happening because of acrimony.

I think, however, Sanders lashing out like he did was unexpected. Look at it this way: this is the kind of thing Clinton and co. could play magnanimous about and like the damage be done by the moderators grilling Bernie about it at the debate. Him making a stink doesn't work in her favor it at all; it only serves to make him a legitimate threat for the first time. He can raise enough of a stink to piss off enough of his supporters enough to kick in the liberal instinct to not vote for anyone since he was done wrong, or, worst-case scenario, this pushes him to make an independent run.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:57 pm

If anything, this election season is highlighting how much we need duels to come back. This dumb country loves its dumb guns, so it doesn't make a ton of sense that THAT was the aspect of guns that Americans inexplicably decided was too much. This stupid spat between Bush and Trump would be much more entertaining that way.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:If anything, this election season is highlighting how much we need duels to come back. This dumb country loves its dumb guns, so it doesn't make a ton of sense that THAT was the aspect of guns that Americans inexplicably decided was too much. This stupid spat between Bush and Trump would be much more entertaining that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS79uxNFoHw

And debates should be rap battles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBmTdJ4XTfs

shnsajax
Superstar

Postby shnsajax » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:04 am

27 votes are up for grab as Lindsey Graham has dropped out.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:07 am

shnsajax wrote:27 votes are up for grab as Lindsey Graham has dropped out.

You knew he was done for when he started making a few sensical arguments of late.

Brian
Superstar

Postby Brian » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:09 pm

not sure if this is the best place for this, but it definitely belongs somewhere here

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:26 pm

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 am

In a predictable turn of events, Donald Trump has made it in to an Al-Shabaab propaganda video with his remarks about muslims.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

sweetpeteman
5-Time All-Star

Postby sweetpeteman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:16 pm

wvcbxl wrote:In a predictable turn of events, Donald Trump has made it in to an Al-Shabaab propaganda video with his remarks about muslims.

$100 says that there's already a conspiracy theory that the Clinton's/Obama/CIA produced that video and fed it to Al-Shabaab.

Another $50 that some of you will see this theory on your Facebook within a week

And another $25 that Trump will bring it up somehow, if not directly stating it.

CubInOK
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubInOK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 pm

sweetpeteman wrote:
wvcbxl wrote:In a predictable turn of events, Donald Trump has made it in to an Al-Shabaab propaganda video with his remarks about muslims.

$100 says that there's already a conspiracy theory that the Clinton's/Obama/CIA produced that video and fed it to Al-Shabaab.

Another $50 that some of you will see this theory on your Facebook within a week

And another $25 that Trump will bring it up somehow, if not directly stating it.

I'll take you up on that $25 bet.

Lenny
Starter

Postby Lenny » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:19 am

Saudi Arabia cut diplomatic ties with Iran on Sunday and gave Iranian diplomats 48 hours to leave the kingdom, marking a swift escalation in a strategic and sectarian rivalry that underpins conflicts across the Middle East.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/04/world/middleeast/iran-saudi-arabia-execution-sheikh-nimr.html?_r=0

Attempting to decipher our Government's nebulous alliances is enough to make your head explode.

The Pahlavi's, or the House of Saud?

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:09 pm

in iran vs saudi arabia, who does china back?
:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 pm

seanimal wrote:in iran vs saudi arabia, who does china back?

If they absolutely had to choose? Iran, no question.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:10 pm

what the actual [expletive] is this?

http://gawker.com/republicans-propose-v ... 1751044185

Meanwhile, another faction of the U.S. government is preparing an enormous corporate bailout, according to The Fiscal Times. The so-called “Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act,” also known as the “VW Bailout Bill,” introduced by House Republicans, will be voted on in the House in early January, and would nullify the thousands of “non-injury” class-action cases that have been filed by Volkswagen owners who are angry that they were lied to—and that their cars have lost nearly all trade-in or re-sell value.

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:29 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

so if iran = iran, china, russia

then saudi arabia = usa, uk... nato?

ugly
:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:45 am

seanimal wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

so if iran = iran, china, russia

then saudi arabia = usa, uk... nato?

ugly

I don't think it would go down like that at all; Iran and Saudi Arabia actually going to war is extremely unlikely. And very few countries want to see Saudi Arabia collapse; as scummy as they are, a fractured Saudi Arabia is potentially a nightmare that would make the issues in Iraq and Syria look like recess. Plus given recent current events, and if the Democrats keep the White House, even if it did somehow escalate to picking sides, I wouldn't be surprised to see the US siding with Iran. In the long run Iran is much more stable and likely to have a workable relationship diplomatically. They have a massive younger population that is very Westernized, especially when compared to the current Iranian government and especially when compared to Saudi Arabia. Most outside parties are likely to want to see this worked out without either country being suddenly destabilized.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:33 am

Sean Hannity wrote:“I’m having a hard time understanding why Cliven Bundy’s son is out in Oregon,”

When you've lost Sean Hannity, you should probably pack it in.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:28 am

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:46 am

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:55 am

Did that tweet get deleted?

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:58 am

Banedon wrote:Did that tweet get deleted?

yeah, bernie sanders sent out a test tweet

Return to “Social”