GoT for Book Readers (Beware Spoilers All Ye Who Enter)

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: GoT for Book Readers (Beware Spoilers All Ye Who Enter)

Postby Derwood » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:
Derwood wrote:Nope

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/02/ ... ter-update

Enjoy the show, folks, the books are never being written

Based on the people who ride the blue line this series is the only books in actual print. It's not like these books are good. Just release something and collect an amazing amount of money.

literally nothing redeeming about you at all

His next step is to read the books in order to confirm his preconceived notion of how awful they are

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Derwood wrote:
Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:

Based on the people who ride the blue line this series is the only books in actual print. It's not like these books are good. Just release something and collect an amazing amount of money.

His next step is to read the books in order to confirm his preconceived notion of how awful they are

The only thing I remember him liking is Derrick Rose. Which I'm assuming society forced him to do.
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 am

Derwood wrote:
Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:

Im just saying he should cash in. I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying your books. I'm a world where people have access to nearly every published book in western literature but are actually reading Star Wars movie novelizations the standard of quality is so low that that George Martin's remaining fans wouldn't even notice that he mailed it in.

Also we are talking about people who read Feast for crows and decided to continue to read this guys books. They don't care about quality, they just want to find out what happens to their favorite characters. Are they dead are they alive but is their mom this person or that person Nd could their dad be this other guy!?

I read them through 4. and I'm not going out on a limb by saying 4 is terrible, you probably agree with me search your feelings you all know that to be true. I can't imagine book 5 isn't garbage.

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:32 am

davell wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:

The only thing I remember him liking is Derrick Rose. Which I'm assuming society forced him to do.

I also love Ween and they are getting back together for a few shows (at least, to start) so in really positive about that at this time.

Compare them to Geroge Martin. There is a lot to be said for releasing material so that your fans will enjoy it, something that Martin evidently either is unable or refuses to do. Just because Ween reached creative heights with two masterwork albums, it didn't stop them from releasing a couple feast for crows type efforts in a timely fashion and moving on.

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:36 am

Ryne Ween wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:

Im just saying he should cash in. I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying your books. I'm a world where people have access to nearly every published book in western literature but are actually reading Star Wars movie novelizations the standard of quality is so low that that George Martin's remaining fans wouldn't even notice that he mailed it in.

Also we are talking about people who read Feast for crows and decided to continue to read this guys books. They don't care about quality, they just want to find out what happens to their favorite characters. Are they dead are they alive but is their mom this person or that person and could their dad be this other king!?

I read them through 4. and I'm not going out on a limb by saying 4 is terrible, you probably agree with me search your feelings you all know that to be true. I can't imagine book 5 isn't garbage.

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 am

Ryne Ween wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:

Im just saying he should cash in. I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying your books. I'm a world where people have access to nearly every published work in western literature but are actually reading Star Wars movie novelizations the standard of quality is so low that that George Martin's remaining fans wouldn't even notice that he mailed it in.

Also we are talking about people who read Feast for crows and decided to continue to read this guys books. They don't care about quality, they just want to find out what happens to their favorite characters. Are they dead are they alive but is their mom this person or that person and could their dad be this other king!?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:26 am

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:41 am

A Feast for Crows was really good, with some great writing, you [expletive].

The Jaime and Blackfish meeting itself makes the book worth it.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 pm

haha had to double check to make sure it wasn't a parody site
" "Look, I never thought the series could possibly catch up with the books, but it has," he explained"

We got some good South Park episodes out of it, at least
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Stannis wrote:A Feast for Crows was really good, with some great writing, you [expletive].

The Jaime and Blackfish meeting itself makes the book worth it.

4 was a decently written book that was almost entirely about characters people didn't care about.

5 was bad.
We are doomed.

Return to “Social”