Page 1 of 120

GoT for Book Readers (Beware Spoilers All Ye Who Enter)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 am
by Banedon
Ok, by request...this is the GoT television thread. Use spoiler tags appropriately. If someone feels like they need to talk about the books, please create a seperate thread.

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 am
by minnesotacubsfan
this thread is already kind of boring








I KEEEED

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am
by Rob
What's the policy regarding book spoilers in this thread?

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 am
by Exile on Waveland
There are Game of Thrones books?!? Tell me more.

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am
by OleMissCub
I don't think this is going to work at all. This probably should just be an all purpose GoT thread and the people who post in it just need to be considerate of others and label their spoilers appropriately. Anything that is ahead of where the TV audience is should be labeled as such. I think that's the best solution for all this back and forth.

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:09 am
by Sammy Sofa
Why not create a thread for the discussion of the books and a separate one for talking about the TV show? Is the delicate board equilibrium really going to topple over if we have *GASP* TWO GoT threads? I mean, we're already in the crazy territory of having a thread for a single TV show that's not part of the general TV discussion. There's no turning back from that kind of terrifying anarchy.

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:12 am
by Banedon
Nuts&Gum wrote:Why not create a thread for the discussion of the books and a separate one for talking about the TV show? Is the delicate board equilibrium really going to topple over if we have *GASP* TWO GoT threads? I mean, we're already in the crazy territory of having a thread for a single TV show that's not part of the general TV discussion. There's no turning back from that kind of terrifying anarchy.


Ok then, this is the tv thread. Someone else can create a book thread if they'd like.

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
by snoodmonger
Banedon wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:Why not create a thread for the discussion of the books and a separate one for talking about the TV show? Is the delicate board equilibrium really going to topple over if we have *GASP* TWO GoT threads? I mean, we're already in the crazy territory of having a thread for a single TV show that's not part of the general TV discussion. There's no turning back from that kind of terrifying anarchy.


Ok then, this is the tv thread. Someone else can create a book thread if they'd like.


what if i'd like to discuss GoT fan fiction and sterling silver collectible miniatures?

Re: Game of Thrones thread (no spoiler tags, beware)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:03 pm
by minnesotacubsfan
snoodmonger wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:Why not create a thread for the discussion of the books and a separate one for talking about the TV show? Is the delicate board equilibrium really going to topple over if we have *GASP* TWO GoT threads? I mean, we're already in the crazy territory of having a thread for a single TV show that's not part of the general TV discussion. There's no turning back from that kind of terrifying anarchy.


Ok then, this is the tv thread. Someone else can create a book thread if they'd like.


what if i'd like to discuss GoT fan fiction and sterling silver collectible miniatures?


just dont refer to any Book 3 characters before season 3

like that firewater dude. or was he pre-book 1? I cant remember

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:19 pm
by CUBZ99
This week's show has one of the best moments from Book 1. I hope they don't mess it up.

Spoiler: show
The King of the North!

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:37 pm
by Stannis
Spoiler: show
i still can't believe that ned's dead.

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:39 pm
by OleMissCub
Image

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 pm
by Outshined_One
OleMissCub wrote:Image


He damn well better win an Emmy. Dinklage has been the best part of this show.

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22 pm
by Stannis
i don't like his half-accent, it's kind of awkward at times. but everything else has been fantastic, he's done a great job.

also, I can't believe his real name is Dinklage, i thought that was a clever stage name.

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:29 pm
by EhDubya
Outshined_One wrote:
He damn well better win an Emmy.


Aaron Paul, b!tch.

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:30 pm
by OleMissCub
Outshined_One wrote:He damn well better win an Emmy. Dinklage has been the best part of this show.


Yeah this one has been floating around for a while

Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:34 pm
by Brian
EhDubya wrote:
Outshined_One wrote:
He damn well better win an Emmy.


Aaron Paul, b!tch.


Breaking Bad will not have aired in the time frame of the next Emmys

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:46 pm
by TruffleShuffle

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:49 pm
by Stannis
TruffleShuffle wrote:http://gawker.com/5811865/game-of-thrones-actor-gets-stabbed-in-bar-fight-orders-another-drink


that's not uncommon in england.

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:49 pm
by OleMissCub
Yeah that's been a bit of a meme this past week

Image

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm
by Yeti
Lo_Pan_Fan wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:http://gawker.com/5811865/game-of-thrones-actor-gets-stabbed-in-bar-fight-orders-another-drink


that's not uncommon in england.
americans are wimps for the most part, anytime someone bleeds in this country they go to the hospital...i've personally given myself stitches on 4 separate occasions(once on my face,) a little blood is no big deal if you have some stones. i seriously dont know how the wussification of this country happened so fast

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:11 pm
by Sammy Sofa
Yeah, Sean Bean drunkenly not caring about being cut means that nobody in the UK goes to the hospital over injuries. Brilliant.

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 pm
by OleMissCub
Yeti wrote: i seriously dont know how the wussification of this country happened so fast


air conditioning

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 am
by OleMissCub
She's definitely hotter with her natural hair color

Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Game of Thrones tv show thread

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 pm
by Brian
so pumped for tonight.

Have a feeling I'll devour all the books by the time season 2 airs.