Podcast Thread

treebird
chinese food

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Matt Besser is hilarious but seems like a genuinely awful person to be around.

he and i are cranky in similar ways so i am taking this as a personal affront

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Tree, you seem like the sensitive sort under that jorted exterior. Matt Besser seems all bitter and full of hate.

Which makes his super-vulgar Bjork pretty awesome.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Treymon wrote:if you like matt besser, oh man do i have the podcast episode for you.

i don't normally listen to who charted (kulap is cool but i am not into howard kremer at all), but every now and then i'll go through and download a couple that have cool guests. i saw that besser was on at the end of may and downloaded. it turns out that kremer was out of town or something and the podcast had a guest host for like a month. the guest host is armen weitzman. i'd never heard of him, but he's apparently somewhat successful. he's also the biggest [expletive] mope in the history of the world and matt besser hates him. besser just yells at him for being bad at podcasts and comedy and life in general the entire time. it's one of the best things i've heard in a while.

I remember that one. He talked to him like a hardass football coach talking to a kid whose parents want him to play, but he himself doesn't want to play at all.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

treebird
chinese food

Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm

so, uh, the new comedy bang bang.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

I've got like the 20 minutes left to listen to on my commute tomorrow, so don't ruin it. I'm just amazed that he can do so many clearly different and not at all similar voices that don't sound anything like each other.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

stuy119
5-Time All-Star

Postby stuy119 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Just to add something different to the thread, I listen to a few business-related podcasts:

Duct Tape Marketing
Online Marketing Made Easy
Manager Tools

And a few others:

The Alton Browncast
Freakonomics

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:54 pm

do Ted talks have podcasts?
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:57 pm

http://www.spunkybean.com/mixed-beans/p ... bang-bang/

it can be hard for the new listener to catch up. “Why are Garry Marshall and Gillian Jacobs married?” “Why is Jason keeping track of which things June knows about?” “Wait a minute… a cowboy and a Martian are having a baby?

treebird
chinese food

Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:58 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:http://www.spunkybean.com/mixed-beans/podcast-primer-comedy-bang-bang/

it can be hard for the new listener to catch up. “Why are Garry Marshall and Gillian Jacobs married?” “Why is Jason keeping track of which things June knows about?” “Wait a minute… a cowboy and a Martian are having a baby?

surprisingly good list (i LOVE that live from riot la episode), though the mayor of hollywood episode is the one where mantzoukas and aukerman just yell at daly to shut up and i hate it.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Which one has the parade of Daly suicides? That's still probably my favorite moment on the show.

http://youtu.be/5SFbSemzKuc
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

treebird
chinese food

Re: Re: Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Which one has the parade of Daly suicides? That's still probably my favorite moment on the show.

http://youtu.be/5SFbSemzKuc

that's the first dalton wilcox episode, and yeah, that's probably my favorite thing that's happened too.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:do Ted talks have podcasts?

I think iTunes or iTunesU has them/some
Screw Pitchers

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm

And I would kill for a new Bob Ducca performance. Those list readings get me every time.

http://youtu.be/astDnnm2gKQ

http://youtu.be/ZWv5LCYs9ak
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:do Ted talks have podcasts?

I think iTunes or iTunesU has them/some

There's the Ted Talks, plus the NPR Ted Radio Hour.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm

womp it up

treebird
chinese food

Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:14 pm

i know i am a huge dork for this, but i'm really not a fan of mantzoukas and his insistence on turning every one of his characters into a superstud that all the ladies want to hook up with. it's boring and it also just runs roughshod over all the other characters and just becomes about him.

this episode was okay, but i like wompler and lisler a lot better on their own. lisler especially gets crowded out of stuff when there's this many people.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Definitely wasn't as good as the last one; Jason seemingly forgot that his character was a Wompler-esque monster and the actress from the Big Bang Theory was useless. Scott's terrible sketch artists and Don DeMillio's surprise appearance were both awesome. Plus Listler's horrible DJ skills.
Abbc3 Spoiler Show

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:25 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Definitely wasn't as good as the last one; Jason seemingly forgot that his character was a Wompler-esque monster and the actress from the Big Bang Theory was useless. Scott's terrible sketch artists and Don DeMillio's surprise appearance were both awesome. Plus Listler's horrible DJ skills.

The sketch artist cracked me up.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:32 am

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 am

treebird
chinese food

Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:21 pm

per avclub comments, kulap accidentally spilled the beans that lauren lapkus has her own earwolf podcast in the works. apparently kulap talked about it on a recent two charted, only to find out it wasn't announced yet so they had to go back and edit all this stuff out.

anyway, the format will supposedly be lapkus doing characters with the guests acting as the host of a different podcast every week.

i am the most excited.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:27 am

Treymon wrote:per avclub comments, kulap accidentally spilled the beans that lauren lapkus has her own earwolf podcast in the works. apparently kulap talked about it on a recent two charted, only to find out it wasn't announced yet so they had to go back and edit all this stuff out.

anyway, the format will supposedly be lapkus doing characters with the guests acting as the host of a different podcast every week.

i am the most excited.

I heard Kulap's bean spill and after looking into it for 20 seconds and finding nothing, assumed it was premature. Traci Reardon has been actively recruiting followers on twitter recently.

Earwolf recently had a change in leadership and they discussed the plan of bringing in new podcasts, similar to the Andy Daly project.

Brian
Superstar

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:01 pm

U TALKIN U2 TO ME? just got some new material!

abuck1220
Hall of Fame

Postby abuck1220 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:50 pm

WHO GIVES A [expletive] ABOUT IPHONES AND WATCHES

treebird
chinese food

Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Brian wrote:U TALKIN U2 TO ME? just got some new material!

???

EDIT figured it out

Return to “Social”