Podcast Thread

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:45 pm

EW Scripps is buying Earwolf/Mid-Roll.

It's kind of odd because it seems to me that Wolfpop has essentially gone dark, with only a handful of new podcasts in the past week, and the Horatio Sanz show recently left Earwolf while the Tig Notarro show also left. Not sure if any of this is related, but I wonder about the future of all these shows.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:EW Scripps is buying Earwolf/Mid-Roll.

It's kind of odd because it seems to me that Wolfpop has essentially gone dark, with only a handful of new podcasts in the past week, and the Horatio Sanz show recently left Earwolf while the Tig Notarro show also left. Not sure if any of this is related, but I wonder about the future of all these shows.

i saw horatio tweeting about how his podcast was only on soundcloud now for the time being and wondered what was up.

does this mean scott aukerman is a billionaire now?

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:04 pm

treebird wrote:

i saw horatio tweeting about how his podcast was only on soundcloud now for the time being and wondered what was up.

I asked him how much he made, and he did not tell me.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:16 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
treebird wrote:

I asked him how much he made, and he did not tell me.

worst case he can just get a staff writing job on a sitcom

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:09 pm

loved the weird cbb today. lapkus and aukerman are to the point where they just ignore the guest and make references to all of her appearances over and over. that worked perfectly with michael ian black, who was "pretending" to be in a [expletive] mood and not want to be there. great stuff.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:06 am

Which Wolfpop shows were skipped besides The Canon? That one was just because Devin is/was in Israel and they announced it in the previous two episodes; other than that it seems like almost all of the other shows have had new episodes except for lazy, lazy Harry Crane.

And it sounds like Sanz moved because Earwolf prefers to have their shows recorded in the Earwolf studios for quality reasons and he wanted to keep recording from home. Plus he apparently had issues with only playing 30 seconds or less of popular songs and not being able to get high; outside of a couple of 4/20 shows that Besser did for I4H they apparently have never really wanted people getting high/drunk in the studios.

Plus Professor Blastoff got killed by Tig; it really sounded like the other guys wanted to figure out a way to keep it going but she kinda put her foot down about that. FAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMME.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:14 am

well back andy daly jason heynongmantzoukas

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:16 am

Table legs.

*Slurping noises*

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:21 am

anytime daly and zouks are on cbb should be a national holiday

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:33 am

Kinda let down a little he didn't leap through the window.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Not that there was much question as to what happened, but it's sadly official:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/28/ha ... ause-death

Blah. Let's enjoy this instead:

https://youtu.be/eJ1LKG1E0O4

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:56 pm

My History Can Beat Up Your Politics is a really good one. I'd describe it as "Hardcore History-lite". The host and Carlin have very similar mannerisms. The show focuses mainly on political history instead of wars and things like Carlin does.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 am

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, [expletive], UTU2tM is already back with a new episode. Big things are afoot. BIG THINGS.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:45 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, [expletive], UTU2tM is already back with a new episode. Big things are afoot. BIG THINGS.

abuck1220
Hall of Fame

Postby abuck1220 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 am

2 1/2 hours omg

wolf stansson
Superstar

Postby wolf stansson » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:11 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, [expletive], UTU2tM is already back with a new episode. Big things are afoot. BIG THINGS.

SCOTT
SCOTT
BONOBOS
THEEDGE
ADAM CLAY TWO THOUSAND POUNDS
LARRY MULLEN SENIOR'S SON

OH MY GOD

IS THIS ANOTHER EPISODE OF I LOVE FILMS BECAUSE THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE PLOT OF AN AWESOME MOVIE

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:13 am

earwolf with a huge day, bbbbbbonus cbb ep, Andy Daly on Never Not Funny, improv 4 humans and Maron is on that wolf den pod that i've heard like twice.

wolf stansson
Superstar

Postby wolf stansson » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 am

Apropos of Earwolf being great, I got into Hollywood Handbook because Tom Scharpling was on and it might be the best podcast.
Last edited by wolf stansson on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 am

That bonus episode made me think it was Halloween for a split second with the Suicide House lineup.

And speaking of Gelman, he's killing it on Another Period.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 am

wolf stansson wrote:Apropos of Earwold being great, I got into Hollywood Handbook because Tom Scharpling was on and it might be the best podcast.

it's a good one

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:23 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
wolf stansson wrote:Apropos of Earwold being great, I got into Hollywood Handbook because Tom Scharpling was on and it might be the best podcast.

it's a good one

i got into it when they did those commercials on cbb. those were fantastic.

wolf stansson
Superstar

Postby wolf stansson » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:37 am

I just lost it at my desk when Scott asked U2 if they had any advice for them because obviously they used to be little boys who wanted to be big boys who wanted to be just like them.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:15 pm

OK, on the new How Did This Get Made? Jason has an idea for a ridiculous sitcom about a cop who is reincarnated as a dog. The bonkers thing is that this show actually already existed: it starred Peter Boyle and a hideous dog puppet and was called POOCHINSKI!

https://youtu.be/LytgLZDzzAY

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:OK, on the new How Did This Get Made? Jason has an idea for a ridiculous sitcom about a cop who is reincarnated as a dog. The bonkers thing is that this show actually already existed: it starred Peter Boyle and a hideous dog puppet and was called POOCHINSKI!

Looks like only the pilot was ever made, and it never went to series, though the pilot did air at some point.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:02 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:OK, on the new How Did This Get Made? Jason has an idea for a ridiculous sitcom about a cop who is reincarnated as a dog. The bonkers thing is that this show actually already existed: it starred Peter Boyle and a hideous dog puppet and was called POOCHINSKI!

https://youtu.be/LytgLZDzzAY

I know I've seen this and it was probably warmingglow/uproxx

Return to “Social”