Podcast Thread

treebird
chinese food

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:18 am

yesssssssssss

also i had never connected until now that the guy who did the monster [expletive] was nick wiger from doughboys

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:36 am

treebird wrote:yesssssssssss

also i had never connected until now that the guy who did the monster [expletive] was nick wiger from doughboys

Yeah, I had that same moment.

Only minus so far: no Ghost Boy.

Smack
5-Time All-Star

Postby Smack » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:33 am

Sounds like a new Hardcore History should be up today. Carlin posted on twitter last night that he wasn't live tweeting the debate because they were getting an episode out. Later in the night he tweeted that they were having technical difficulties and it should be out today.
BTFU!

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:32 am

Smack wrote:Sounds like a new Hardcore History should be up today. Carlin posted on twitter last night that he wasn't live tweeting the debate because they were getting an episode out. Later in the night he tweeted that they were having technical difficulties and it should be out today.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Hoping he goes back to antiquity. I've listened to his Punic Nightmares series like 6 times. Death Throes of the Republic was equally as awesome.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:13 am

OleMissCub wrote:
Smack wrote:Sounds like a new Hardcore History should be up today. Carlin posted on twitter last night that he wasn't live tweeting the debate because they were getting an episode out. Later in the night he tweeted that they were having technical difficulties and it should be out today.

Hoping he goes back to antiquity. I've listened to his Punic Nightmares series like 6 times. Death Throes of the Republic was equally as awesome.

http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-histo ... -of-kings/

King of Kings
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:10 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-histo ... -of-kings/

King of Kings

Cyrus the Great, I suppose. I dig it.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:12 pm

sean attempting to riff on the newspaper and shouting WHY SO SYRIA on hollywood handbook made me laugh and laugh and laugh

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:25 am

the 9/11 memorial joke on hollywood handbook almost killed me
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:39 am

Man, I do not get that show.

On the other hand, I would love for Bob Odenkirk to get a podcast that's just him acting like a confused/bemused (and occasionally furious) old man.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:02 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:the 9/11 memorial joke on hollywood handbook almost killed me

honestly gasped at the showbiz career part

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm

treebird wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:the 9/11 memorial joke on hollywood handbook almost killed me

honestly gasped at the showbiz career part

oh yeah, that was the good stuff

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:56 pm

also:

THINGS TO DO

1. save his life
2. circumcise this man

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 pm

i really enjoyed the skee-lo episode of the lauren lapkus podcast

Brian
Superstar

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:58 pm

CBB: appropriating terrible comedy catchphrases since 2009.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:55 am

Today's Lauren Lapkus with special guest is a right wing radio host that I am looking forward to listening to.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:01 am

the story bill simmons told on the latest guess the lines podcast about being at a party with the guy from one direction could have opened an episode of hollywood handbook without changing a word of it.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:46 am

CBB got me really wanting to head up to NYC to check out the the Oh, Hello! show.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:CBB got me really wanting to head up to NYC to check out the the Oh, Hello! show.

i wasn't crazy about it they last time they did those guys on cbb, but this one was great.

did you happen to get the accidentally uploaded version that includes aukerman making jokes about kroll's buddy from the league who likes to tell people lies about 9/11? kroll barely stays in character and says he doesn't want to talk about it or have it on the show at all. when you download it now it's cut out apparently, but the version my podcast app grabbed at 3am or whatever still had it in.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:02 pm

treebird wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:CBB got me really wanting to head up to NYC to check out the the Oh, Hello! show.

i wasn't crazy about it they last time they did those guys on cbb, but this one was great.

did you happen to get the accidentally uploaded version that includes aukerman making jokes about kroll's buddy from the league who likes to tell people lies about 9/11? kroll barely stays in character and says he doesn't want to talk about it or have it on the show at all. when you download it now it's cut out apparently, but the version my podcast app grabbed at 3am or whatever still had it in.

They ended up cutting that out? I heard it, too, though it was weird; it partly seemed like Kroll wanted to scale it back and it seemed like it took a while for Scott to even get it in the first place. Like, Kroll actually started it, Scott completely missed it, then picked up on it and tried to run with it and Kroll got a bit defensive like it was going too far. It took me a bit to figure out what the hell was going on.

But mainly I just want Mulaney on more podcasts.

abuck1220
Hall of Fame

Postby abuck1220 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 pm

the version i downloaded first thing monday morning did not have that stuff in there.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
treebird wrote:

They ended up cutting that out? I heard it, too, though it was weird; it partly seemed like Kroll wanted to scale it back and it seemed like it took a while for Scott to even get it in the first place. Like, Kroll actually started it, Scott completely missed it, then picked up on it and tried to run with it and Kroll got a bit defensive like it was going too far. It took me a bit to figure out what the hell was going on.

But mainly I just want Mulaney on more podcasts.

i think kroll thought scott was making a "jason mantzoukas looks like a terrorist joke" again and then when he connected with what was happening he wanted out immediately.

Mark Prior's Calves
5-Time All-Star

Postby Mark Prior's Calves » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:35 am

Serial season 2 debuted today. It's the story of Bowe Bergdahl.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 am

http://earwolf.com/episode/best-of-2015-pt-4/

top 3:

kid detectives, farts and procreation 4, hey nong man,

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:44 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:http://earwolf.com/episode/best-of-2015-pt-4/

top 3:

kid detectives, farts and procreation 4, hey nong man,

kid detectives is my no.1

Return to “Social”