Podcast Thread

treebird
chinese food

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby treebird » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 pm

i saw a big bearded guy in a hoodie today and instantly thought of the spoonman, which is a good sign that oh man am i excited for the return of doughboys tomorrow.

that show has somehow become maybe my favorite podcast going right now.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Recently discovered We Hate Movies. My god, those guys are quick and hysterical.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:47 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Recently discovered We Hate Movies. My god, those guys are quick and hysterical.

I love How Did This Get Made?, but WHM is the bad movie podcast I enjoy most consistently (The Flop House is fun from time to time, but holy [expletive], those guys love bad puns WAY too much). I really wish Hamster had been a part of Entourage after this week's episode.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I really wish Hamster had been a part of Entourage after this week's episode.

You mean "Goobah"?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:17 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I really wish Hamster had been a part of Entourage after this week's episode.

You mean "Goobah"?

Goobah was the one with cancer. Hamster was the just plain nuts one that Eric made up.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Plus I really wanted to know more about the #squadgoals of the Herculoids.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:25 pm

I think my favorite part was when they suggested that the whole movie was a dream of a fat Turtle as he is laying on the floor dying from an overdose.

Probably my favorite thing they ever did, I swear I could hardly see the road from laugh-crying, was during their Attack of the Clones review when they were pretending that Cleeg Lars bought Schmi Skywalker as a sex slave from Watto.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Have you been able to listen to most of their archive? I think their best episodes are any time they got their hands on a Jim Belushi film. It's been way too long since they've had one those.

Their Phantom Menace episode is great just for the idea that George Lucas went around pimping Subulba to other filmmakers.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Have you been able to listen to most of their archive? I think their best episodes are any time they got their hands on a Jim Belushi film. It's been way too long since they've had one those.

Their Phantom Menace episode is great just for the idea that George Lucas went around pimping Subulba to other filmmakers.

lol, i had forgotten about the Subulba stuff. Man that was great. I'll check out the Jim Belushi ones. I haven't heard any of those yet. It kinda sucks that the Podcast app on iPhone only goes back to like Episode 110 or something, so if you want to listen to anything earlier you have to go to their website, which is kind of a bummer.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:44 pm

treebird wrote:i saw a big bearded guy in a hoodie today and instantly thought of the spoonman, which is a good sign that oh man am i excited for the return of doughboys tomorrow.

I'm right there with you.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:59 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Have you been able to listen to most of their archive? I think their best episodes are any time they got their hands on a Jim Belushi film. It's been way too long since they've had one those.

lol, i had forgotten about the Subulba stuff. Man that was great. I'll check out the Jim Belushi ones. I haven't heard any of those yet. It kinda sucks that the Podcast app on iPhone only goes back to like Episode 110 or something, so if you want to listen to anything earlier you have to go to their website, which is kind of a bummer.

Yeah, try the Podcast Addict app; I think it goes all the way back. But otherwise most of the podcast services won't carry those older ones because they used to use a different thematically appropriate song to open and close each episode and routinely went over playing 30 seconds of it (which I think is when you run into trouble with licensing and whatnot). They've mentioned some day going and backing and re-editing the episodes so they can be brought back.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:59 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
treebird wrote:i saw a big bearded guy in a hoodie today and instantly thought of the spoonman, which is a good sign that oh man am i excited for the return of doughboys tomorrow.

I worry that they're going to run out of joints to review too soon.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

I worry that they're going to run out of joints to review too soon.
theyve already done multiple I haven't heard of and are willing to go to places with 5-6 locations. I think it can last a long time.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

abuck1220
Hall of Fame

Postby abuck1220 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:22 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

I like it too even though I don't find either of those guys particularly hilarious and I have no interest in the restaurants they review. I do think it's adorable how they just love everything...maybe that's why I like it.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:34 pm

abuck1220 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

I like it too even though I don't find either of those guys particularly hilarious and I have no interest in the restaurants they review. I do think it's adorable how they just love everything...maybe that's why I like it.

I think Wiger is a complete snooze, but Mike Mitchell is a burly bear of awesomeness. I'm still annoyed Birthday Boys got axed by IFC.

https://youtu.be/4nL5AMQAVsU

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
abuck1220 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

I think Wiger is a complete snooze, but Mike Mitchell is a burly bear of awesomeness. I'm still annoyed Birthday Boys got axed by IFC.

https://youtu.be/4nL5AMQAVsU

a big part of the appeal to me is how much i hate wiger's guts.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:51 pm

And going back to CBB and Thomas Middleditch, I was a little bummed that they went with the Joey Tortellini clip instead of this:

https://youtu.be/xRSwrSp-Q-s

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:12 pm

#helpspoonmanjerkoff

Image Image

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm

well, this has promise

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:17 pm

crap on youtube from improv4humans

https://youtu.be/ciclR7ll0XI

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:37 pm

adomian is fighting with avclub people on twitter again. everyone comes off looking terrible. john teti (whom I used to like a lot but subsequently soured on, hard) is a smarmy dick and honestly probably has blacklisted adomian. adomian seems wayyyy too into hating the avclub and displays no chill whatsoever, eventually telling teti "i hope you experience real tragedy," which is the kind of thing i say and think about people i dislike, but never TO them.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:42 pm

treebird wrote:adomian is fighting with avclub people on twitter again. everyone comes off looking terrible. john teti (whom I used to like a lot but subsequently soured on, hard) is a smarmy dick and honestly probably has blacklisted adomian. adomian seems wayyyy too into hating the avclub and displays no chill whatsoever, eventually telling teti "i hope you experience real tragedy," which is the kind of thing i say and think about people i dislike, but never TO them.

He really does have no chill. I automatically liked him based off bang bang and some of his roles but man that guy gets pissed off when he isn't given credit for being a better impersonator than somebody else.

I'm also really interested in what he has to say about that Cale Hartmann comedian/rapist guy. First he commented about how the guy sucked Andy D's D for $ and then he mentioned something about being abused by the guy as well. I want details.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:49 pm

I always thought it was weird/telling that Adomian goes long stretches without showing up on the various podcasts he appears regularly on. It's like they bring hi on, he's hilarious, they want more, and then after 2-3 appearances in short order something must happen behind the scenes that reminds everyone he's a little crazy and then he's gone for an odd amount of time.

On the new CBB DVD, for the episode where he shows up as Jessie Ventura they talk about how he was constantly bugging them to let him do the character on the show because he was convinced that Ventura was going to run for president and he was acting like that if he did a Ventura impression on TV "first" it would be his, like if you mail something to yourself to prove a copyright or something and then any show that wanted to do a Ventura impression would...have to ask him permission? Ask him to do it? Nobody seemed to know what the [expletive] his endgame was. It was really weird, and made me think of how he kinda had another meltdown when people were talking about Larry David's Bernie Sanders on SNL. He's kinda nuts.

CubinNY
Superstar

Postby CubinNY » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:48 am

Anyone listening to this season of serial? The longer it goes on the less sympathy I have for Bergdahl. What a numbskull.

Return to “Social”