Postby Derwood » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 am

UMFan83 wrote:*crickets*

I had it on for a bit last night but I don't even remember what it was about

George Hayduke
Starter

Re: THE SIMPSONS ARE ON FXX RIGHT NOW

Postby George Hayduke » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am

UMFan83 wrote:*crickets*

So I guess this is somewhere around the no man's land of season 20 or something by now. I wonder what kind of ratings drop off there has been post season 10.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:22 am

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/fxx-basi ... annel.html

Today FXX announced its post-marathon Simpsons schedule, and it doesn't look as different as you might think. The Simpsons will air: Mondays from 6 p.m.-midnight, Tuesdays from 8 p.m.-midnight, Thursdays from 8 p.m.-midnight, Fridays from 6 p.m.-midnight; and Sundays from 4 to 8 p.m.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:14 pm

holy crap lol

most of cable tv is ridiculous. so many channels with like nothing to air.

not gonna complain about an all simpsons network though

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:36 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/fxx-basically-to-become-the-simpsons-channel.html

Today FXX announced its post-marathon Simpsons schedule, and it doesn't look as different as you might think. The Simpsons will air: Mondays from 6 p.m.-midnight, Tuesdays from 8 p.m.-midnight, Thursdays from 8 p.m.-midnight, Fridays from 6 p.m.-midnight; and Sundays from 4 to 8 p.m.

and i will watch
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:16 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/fxx-basically-to-become-the-simpsons-channel.html

Holy [expletive]

Just give the people what they want, (Bart by the barrell full!) don't do what previous syndication did with damn near nothing but season 20 on
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:19 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:

Holy [expletive]

Just give the people what they want, (Bart by the barrell full!) don't do what previous syndication did with damn near nothing but season 20 on

That move in syndication pretty much killed my regular simpsons viewing

i used to watch at least a 3-4 episodes a week.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am

Futurama, the 31st-century animated comedy that was canceled (again) last year, will return to life—or at least Fry, Leela & Co. will—in a special episode of The Simpsons airing Nov. 9.

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:19 am

Banedon wrote:
Futurama, the 31st-century animated comedy that was canceled (again) last year, will return to life—or at least Fry, Leela & Co. will—in a special episode of The Simpsons airing Nov. 9.

They should just put the Simpsons out of our misery and bring back Futurama.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:19 am

Banedon wrote:

Man they are really desperate for interest in new episodes. Between last season and this season we will have seen: A Lego episode, a Family Guy crossover, a Futurama crossover and a heavily teased prominent character death.
Dare to dream....

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:22 am

UMFan83 wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Man they are really desperate for interest in new episodes. Between last season and this season we will have seen: A Lego episode, a Family Guy crossover, a Futurama crossover and a heavily teased prominent character death.

The Simpsons has been languishing for over a decade now, but the Family Guy crossover was the final indignity, as far as I'm concerned.

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 am

Banedon wrote:

This is a good way for me to bring this up, what do you big time Simpsons fans think of Futurama? I'm just making my way through the Simpsons for the first time(about to the end of Season 3), but I've seen every episode of Futurama, most more than once. Thus far, while the Simpsons is good I think I prefer Futurama, although I wonder if that's because they're very similar comedically(for obvious reasons) and it's a matter of whatever comes first is best.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 am

Futurama was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as peak Simpsons.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:13 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Futurama was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as peak Simpsons.

Agreed. And TT is just now getting to peak Simpsons.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:26 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Futurama was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as peak Simpsons.

Agreed. And TT is just now getting to peak Simpsons.

thirded

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Banedon wrote:

This is a good way for me to bring this up, what do you big time Simpsons fans think of Futurama? I'm just making my way through the Simpsons for the first time(about to the end of Season 3), but I've seen every episode of Futurama, most more than once. Thus far, while the Simpsons is good I think I prefer Futurama, although I wonder if that's because they're very similar comedically(for obvious reasons) and it's a matter of whatever comes first is best.

ohmygodwhatthehellidontevenknowyou

this is worse than gratuity-gate

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I think they're pretty close, but I'd probably agree. My problem was that at the time Futurama was canceled on Fox, it was far superior to what the Simpsons was by then. I know it was mostly because Fox screwed Futurama with the scheduling, but it still kind of irks me that Futurama was killed when it was just hitting its stride (and it was never quite the same after it was revived because they didn't get back much of the writing team) and The Simpsons got to live.

While it was once undeniably brilliant, The Simpsons has survived this long only because of its name, and not because of its quality.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:41 pm

I wont disagree about peak Simpsons being better than Futurama (though I think the average Futurama episode is probably better at this point since Simpsons has been on 10+ years longer than it should have).

But I think it bears mentioning that The Simpsons never did manage to tug on your heartstrings like Futurama did. Even if half of you wont admit it, I know you cried watching Jurassic Bark.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Rob wrote:I wont disagree about peak Simpsons being better than Futurama (though I think the average Futurama episode is probably better at this point since Simpsons has been on 10+ years longer than it should have).

But I think it bears mentioning that The Simpsons never did manage to tug on your heartstrings like Futurama did. Even if half of you wont admit it, I know you cried watching Jurassic Bark.

I think it is a lot easier to tug on a heartstring that crack you up.

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Rob wrote:I wont disagree about peak Simpsons being better than Futurama (though I think the average Futurama episode is probably better at this point since Simpsons has been on 10+ years longer than it should have).

I think it is a lot easier to tug on a heartstring that crack you up.

Tell it to Seymour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 pm

I think seasons 3 and 4 of Furturama were close to as funny as peak Simpsons. Not quite, but close.

Of course Futurama had a slightly different sensibility to it, so judging these things can be subjective.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:47 pm

So I'm going to this on Friday night: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/the ... l-20140717

In case you haven't been marathoned out, FXX Thursday: http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/the-sim ... 201302060/

8 p.m. – “Marge vs. The Monorail” (Season 4) – Song highlighted at Bowl event: “Monorail Song.”

8:30 p.m. – “Homer’s Barbershop Quartet” (Season 5) – Song: “Baby on Board.”

9 p.m. – “Homer the Great” (Season 6) – Song: “We Do – The Stonecutters Song.”

9:30 p.m. – “Two Dozen and One Greyhounds” (Season 6) – Song: “See My Vest.”

10 p.m. – “Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part 2” (Season 7) – Song: “Señor Burns.”

10:30 p.m. – “A Fish Called Selma” (Season 7) – Songs:  “Dr. Zaius” and “Chimpan A to Chimpan Z.”

11 p.m. – “Bart After Dark” (Season 8) – Song: “We Put the Spring in Springfield.”

11:30 p.m. – “Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious” (Season 8) – Song: “Minimum Wage Nanny.”

scarey
All-Star

Postby scarey » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Anybody have any idea what date the app will be released? All I can ever find in any article I read is "October".

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 pm

scarey wrote:Anybody have any idea what date the app will be released? All I can ever find in any article I read is "October".

I was looking the other day and I swear I saw someone that said January now but who knows

Edit: Nevermind, it said more content (beyond the release) would be added in January
Dare to dream....

Return to “Social”