The Cat Thread

Banedon
Curse You!

Re: Re: Re: The Cat Thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:56 am

Stannis wrote:
rocket wrote:
Stannis wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I don't have an issue with cats, and I kind of like strays. I just assume they are keeping the mice away based strictly on Tom & Jerry cartoons. My 2 year old was super excited to see one walking across a parking lot yesterday. She was pretty sure it was going to its mommy and daddys house and I couldn't convince her otherwise.

Cats will kill the [expletive] out of anything in your house and they will do it in cold blood.

They are the Mongols of the animal world and I love it.

cats will kill anything anytime. if they were bigger they wouldn't think twice about killing humans

They would likely kill the unfashionable people first. Then the cripples, then gypsies, traitors next, then musicians and so forth.

I, for one, would welcome it.

But they wouldn't kill them quickly. They'd cripple them first and toy with them for a long time.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:58 am

Stannis wrote:They would likely kill the unfashionable people first. Then the cripples, then gypsies, traitors next, then musicians and so forth.

Soooooooooooooo....cats are Nazis?

Uh-oh.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

The Cat Thread

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

If they are they'll kill the communists too, right?

Oh never mind that was your joke. Whoosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Cat Thread

Postby Stannis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:00 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Stannis wrote:They would likely kill the unfashionable people first. Then the cripples, then gypsies, traitors next, then musicians and so forth.

Uh-oh.

In 800 years, we will be extolling the positives the third Reich had on society, and so goes the cat Reich.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: The Cat Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:01 am

This is taking a REALLY weird turn.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 am

The Nile will run red once again. And a million peasants will weep at the sight of the cat siege machines.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 am

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:06 am

Oh, there are a million ways to amuse ones self at the misfortune of a cat.

Tape on the paws, tape on the back, a string on the tail.

All a lot of fun. But still, the day will come when your heads are struck off at the order of the Great Cat Khan.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:10 am

We had a cat that would routinely eat dental floss out of the trash and then you'd be chasing it around the house because it would have a turd stuck to the floss coming out of its ass.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:12 am

We had another cat (my favorite, Superdude) whose tail was broken when he was a kitten (this is when we lived in Thailand and we adopted him from a street cat rescue service) so it formed a little hook at the end. If he was walking by you could reach out and hook the hook with your finger and he would just keep walking place, completely baffled as to what was happening.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Re: Re: The Cat Thread

Postby Stannis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:We had a cat that would routinely eat dental floss out of the trash and then you'd be chasing it around the house because it would have a turd stuck to the floss coming out of its ass.

Indeed. Cats eat lots of things. They have been known to cannibalize their dead when separated from supply trains.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 am

My brother and I got our Super Nintendo when we had to give up our first cat because it was a freakin' menace that would steal any food left on the corner unwatched for more than 30 seconds and would NOT stop pissing in front of the [expletive] fire place no matter what we tried.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:17 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:My brother and I got our Super Nintendo when we had to give up our first cat because it was a freakin' menace that would steal any food left on the corner unwatched for more than 30 seconds and would NOT stop pissing in front of the [expletive] fire place no matter what we tried.

I put in a cat door and put the litterbox in the basement. The only real issue I have with them is the constant tipping over of beverages, I have to drink from bottles all the time.

Tangled Up in Plaid
Dripping with analytics

Postby Tangled Up in Plaid » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 am

best way to [expletive] with cats: remove gravity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-bjwQMepmE

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:20 am

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

snoodmonger
Superstar

Postby snoodmonger » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 am

kujay wrote:You're right, I'm not a cat hater but I don't want to come off like the guy who goes into the Blackhawks thread and discusses how much hockey sucks.

That's exactly what happened. A few posters couldn't stop themselves from announcing how awful cats are (or how much better dogs are, unsolicited). Then Sulley came in and started saying bizarre but awesome things.

I am going to get this [expletive] back on track with an adorable picture of my cat doing his best to take up as much of the bed as possible.

And a two-part photo series of my cat poised to attack me and then flying at me, mid-assault.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:29 am

ACTION CAT.

To be fair, this was started as a joke thread because cat owners couldn't be bothered.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:cat owners couldn't be bothered.

Donnnnn't Caaaaaaare.

bleedcubbieblue
Role Player

Postby bleedcubbieblue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:25 pm

bleedcubbieblue wrote:http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/can-you-prank-your-cat-with-this-brilliant-trick?bffb

Tried it last week when this was a thing on reddit. My cats didn't care. They also could care less about laser pointers.

scarey
All-Star

Postby scarey » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Stannis wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I don't have an issue with cats, and I kind of like strays. I just assume they are keeping the mice away based strictly on Tom & Jerry cartoons. My 2 year old was super excited to see one walking across a parking lot yesterday. She was pretty sure it was going to its mommy and daddys house and I couldn't convince her otherwise.

Cats will kill the [expletive] out of anything in your house and they will do it in cold blood.

My husky has a nest of baby birds, 3 bunny rabbits, two possums and... one cat on his kill list. And that's just what we've found.

He's a vicious, unforgiving, despicable cuddle-bug.
Spoiler: show

We'd probably have a cat at this point if we knew this friendly face wouldn't tear it's guts out.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:37 pm

scarey wrote:
Stannis wrote:

My husky has a nest of baby birds, 3 bunny rabbits, two possums and... one cat on his kill list. And that's just what we've found.

He's a vicious, unforgiving, despicable cuddle-bug.
Spoiler: show

We'd probably have a cat at this point if we knew this friendly face wouldn't tear it's guts out.

Eh, cats are still the top predators of the animal world.

yanrslatr
fka mariners revenge

Postby yanrslatr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Had 2 cats growing up and they were awesome. Never understood where there had to be a cat/dog thing. They're both [expletive] awesome for different reasons.

Sadly, all of my inlaws are allergic so we can't have cats :(

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Sounds like a great reason to get cats

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Return to “Social”