Killer cop indicted

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Re: Killer cop indicted

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Confused as to why a non-lethal means of subduing the dude wasn't tried first.

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:20 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Confused as to why a non-lethal means of subduing the dude wasn't tried first.

As you can clearly see in the video, he was black.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 pm

If the reports I read are correct, the other officers that were there before Doofus McMagnumForce showed up and started unloading and had been basically following McDonald for a few blocks keeping him away from other people and trying to talk him down and box him in. Of course, once the one cop showed up and emptied his clip they went into Thin Blue Line-mode and started covering everything up, but before that it sounds they were at least trying something other than shooting/beating/choking/etc. to defuse the situation.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:If the reports I read are correct, the other officers that were there before Doofus McMagnumForce showed up and started unloading and had been basically following McDonald for a few blocks keeping him away from other people and trying to talk him down and box him in. Of course, once the one cop showed up and emptied his clip they went into Thin Blue Line-mode and started covering everything up, but before that it sounds they were at least trying something other than shooting/beating/choking/etc. to defuse the situation.

I read that they were waiting for taser carrying backup to arrive, which, to me, begged the question, why the hell aren't they all carrying tasers?

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:38 pm

is there any way first degree murder charges stick here? why would those be the charges? doesn't first degree imply pre-meditation/planning?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:40 pm

David wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:If the reports I read are correct, the other officers that were there before Doofus McMagnumForce showed up and started unloading and had been basically following McDonald for a few blocks keeping him away from other people and trying to talk him down and box him in. Of course, once the one cop showed up and emptied his clip they went into Thin Blue Line-mode and started covering everything up, but before that it sounds they were at least trying something other than shooting/beating/choking/etc. to defuse the situation.

I read that they were waiting for taser carrying backup to arrive, which, to me, begged the question, why the hell aren't they all carrying tasers?

Yeah, that part stood out as especially ridiculous; each guy should be able to easily carry one. And even without that, what about pepper spray? The guy is in the middle of the road, so you're likely to not get bystanders, he's not running and I would think odds are he's going to drop the weapon once he starts grabbing for his eyes which are now on fire. It's flat out terrifying that instead another cop just screeches up on the scene and decided to empty his [expletive] gun into McDonald AND that the cops already there, seemingly trying to end it without serious violence, then just immediately decide to help cover up what this [expletive] has done. That they so readily tried to help someone GET AWAY WITH MURDER just because he wears the same uniform is something I can't even process. At the very least they should be pissed off he showed up and [expletive] up the situation they were handling.

And this is two nights in a row CNN keeps blasting a graphic saying "PROTESTS ERUPT IN CHICAGO." Not a huge thing, but it's sadly funny how they're trying to scare the [expletive] out of their viewers with that kind of loaded language on top of scenes of people peacefully marching down the city streets. You KNOW they're pissed they can't get some good footage of people smashing and burning [expletive].

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:That they so readily tried to help someone GET AWAY WITH MURDER just because he wears the same uniform is something I can't even process. At the very least they should be pissed off he showed up and [expletive] up the situation they were handling.

I'm sure they were pissed at him, but that [expletive] stays in the locker room.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm

David wrote:is there any way first degree murder charges stick here? why would those be the charges? doesn't first degree imply pre-meditation/planning?

in this case, first-degree would just mean "i wanted to shoot him and I did." legally, premeditation can happen in a split-second
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:

Yeah, that part stood out as especially ridiculous; each guy should be able to easily carry one. And even without that, what about pepper spray? The guy is in the middle of the road, so you're likely to not get bystanders, he's not running and I would think odds are he's going to drop the weapon once he starts grabbing for his eyes which are now on fire. It's flat out terrifying that instead another cop just screeches up on the scene and decided to empty his [expletive] gun into McDonald AND that the cops already there, seemingly trying to end it without serious violence, then just immediately decide to help cover up what this [expletive] has done. That they so readily tried to help someone GET AWAY WITH MURDER just because he wears the same uniform is something I can't even process. At the very least they should be pissed off he showed up and [expletive] up the situation they were handling.

And this is two nights in a row CNN keeps blasting a graphic saying "PROTESTS ERUPT IN CHICAGO." Not a huge thing, but it's sadly funny how they're trying to scare the [expletive] out of their viewers with that kind of loaded language on top of scenes of people peacefully marching down the city streets. You KNOW they're pissed they can't get some good footage of people smashing and burning [expletive].

yeah the anticipation of violence has frankly been quite offensive. not that it wasn't smart to prepare for the possibility of violent protests, but a lot of people were talking as if black people would just completely lose their [expletive] and burn down half the city after seeing a video of police executing a black guy.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Chicago police officer Jason Van [expletive] posted $1.5 million bail on Monday, hours after a Cook County judge set the amount after viewing police dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.

"I'm not here to determine guilt or innocence," Judge Donald Panarese Jr. said in issuing his decision in the packed courtroom at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. "The law gives a presumption of innocence."

Van [expletive] had to post $150,000 — 10 percent of the bond amount — to obtain his release from Cook County Jail. He has been in custody since Tuesday when he was charged with first-degree murder.

Panarese said at the time that he wanted to view the video before making his decision on bond.

Prosecutors had sought to hold the veteran police officer on no bail, while Van [expletive]'s lawyer, Daniel Herbert, said he was not a risk to flee if released.

Van [expletive], 37, wearing a brown Department of Corrections jumpsuit with his hands and ankles shackled, showed no expression at word of the bond.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:50 am

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Chicago police officer Jason Van [expletive] posted $1.5 million bail on Monday, hours after a Cook County judge set the amount after viewing police dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.

"I'm not here to determine guilt or innocence," Judge Donald Panarese Jr. said in issuing his decision in the packed courtroom at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. "The law gives a presumption of innocence."

Van [expletive] had to post $150,000 — 10 percent of the bond amount — to obtain his release from Cook County Jail. He has been in custody since Tuesday when he was charged with first-degree murder.

Panarese said at the time that he wanted to view the video before making his decision on bond.

Prosecutors had sought to hold the veteran police officer on no bail, while Van [expletive]'s lawyer, Daniel Herbert, said he was not a risk to flee if released.

Van [expletive], 37, wearing a brown Department of Corrections jumpsuit with his hands and ankles shackled, showed no expression at word of the bond.

Was there a GoFundMe or something for that POS? $150,000 is an insane amount of money to just come up with.

Brian707
Starter

Postby Brian707 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Fall Guy? I figured he would be the one to go.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 am

OleMissCub wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Was there a GoFundMe or something for that POS? $150,000 is an insane amount of money to just come up with.

There was and it was taken down pretty quickly. You can bet the hat was passed.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

squally1313
Starter

Postby squally1313 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:54 am

SouthSideRyan wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

It's probably already been mentioned, but I love that his name gets censored out.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Bunts Lick Butts wrote:
David wrote:is there any way first degree murder charges stick here? why would those be the charges? doesn't first degree imply pre-meditation/planning?

in this case, first-degree would just mean "i wanted to shoot him and I did." legally, premeditation can happen in a split-second

That's true but it isn't always a slam dunk to convince the jury of that. Second degree murder would put him in the exact same prison for the rest of his life given that he's a cop that shot a kid which you'd think would work out badly for him in prison.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:46 pm

i know, i was just answering his question. [expletive] that we're talking about undercharging a cop because theyre afraid the public wont let them give him the appropriate conviction
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

snoodmonger
Superstar

Postby snoodmonger » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:36 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

The Fraternal Order of the Police also had a fundraiser. I'm sure he got a ton of $ from that.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 am

Bunts Lick Butts wrote:i know, i was just answering his question. [expletive] that we're talking about undercharging a cop because theyre afraid the public wont let them give him the appropriate conviction

I had jury duty for a murder trial. They charged the guy with first degree and second degree murder. Most of the jury wouldn't go for 1st degree murder but everyone agreed to 2nd degree. Afterwards, I got the sense that they charged him with first degree murder to make it easier to find him guilty of second degree murder.

Maybe the DA is going to offer a plea deal that takes it down from second degree to Manslaughter with the idea that it won't look like he's letting him off easy by going all the way from Murder 1 to Manslaughter 1. Which is still [expletive] up but at least it guarantees jail time.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Those of us in the NYC area received an amber alert yesterday and the result was this intriguing picture of a stabby ex cop being led away in cuffs by presumably less stabby current cops.

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Gross

A newly unearthed set of documents reveals how the Dothan, Alabama, police department has established a lengthy history of planting drugs and guns on young black men to secure felony convictions. The implications of this story surround “over a thousand” false arrests (dating back decades), which resulted in these wrongful convictions. An unknown number of these men remain in prison.

http://uproxx.com/news/2015/12/alabama- ... black-men/

Thurman Merman
Role Player

Postby Thurman Merman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:Gross

A newly unearthed set of documents reveals how the Dothan, Alabama, police department has established a lengthy history of planting drugs and guns on young black men to secure felony convictions. The implications of this story surround “over a thousand” false arrests (dating back decades), which resulted in these wrongful convictions. An unknown number of these men remain in prison.

http://uproxx.com/news/2015/12/alabama- ... black-men/

Open and shut case, Johnson.

Liam Neeson
Role Player

Postby Liam Neeson » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:24 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Those of us in the NYC area received an amber alert yesterday and the result was this intriguing picture of a stabby ex cop being led away in cuffs by presumably less stabby current cops.

Holy cow those uniforms

"You got a nice suit at home or do you like coming to work everyday dressed like you're going to invade Poland?"

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:36 pm

Somebody get that man a mumu.

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

that bottom button is the real hero in all this
:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

Return to “Social”