OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Re: Paris under attack

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Stannis wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
mul21 wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Bunts Lick Butts wrote:I have never ever heard anyone call injuries casualties. If I put that in a story, my editor would change it.

thank you

You people need to spend some quality time with Dan Carlin. He'll explain it to you.

"They weren't standing on the ground, but on a sea of bones! Bones as far as the eye could see!"

what on earth i don't even

It's the opening of "Ghosts of the Ostfront"

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:41 pm

yes i know, but what does that have to do with anything?
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Stannis wrote:yes i know, but what does that have to do with anything?

Dan Carlin was brought up. So I did a Carlin quote pertaining to casualties.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 pm

most of his quotes are about war. just seems like you shoehorned it in there like a grade schooler with a swear word.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Stannis wrote:most of his quotes are about war. just seems like you shoehorned it in there like a grade schooler with a swear word.

Yep, you got me on that man.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:04 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Banedon wrote:Oh ffs...

Gov. Bruce Rauner said Monday the state of Illinois will temporarily stop accepting new Syrian refugees in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Hey, probably for the best, our social services wouldn't even have the money to assist them!

(Kidding, kind of. [expletive] off Rauner)

Not that any of this is surprising, but it can't help but be depressing. Odds are these attackers are going to turn out to be French-born, like the last ones. ISIS gives no [expletive] about the refugees and is counting on Europe and the US and the Middle East to fall prey to fear and paranoia. I mean, these are people fleeing the same people we're getting terrified over. Islamic extremists kill a [expletive] ton more of Muslims than anyone else in the world, so yeah, they're booking because their country is a murder factory with borders at this point. But sure, let's just leave them to die (and that is what will happen if everyone just decides that they can't take in any more refugees) because we're scared.

Again: terrorism works. Things like this is terrorism winning. Everyone passing the buck on the refugees just creates more destabilization and chaos and suffering and anger and fear and *GASP* terrorism. Enjoy, [expletive].

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:35 pm

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Profound

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:32 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Profound

Pretty much sums up Facebook today

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Derwood wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Profound

Pretty much sums up Facebook today

I feel ya. People are really, really stupid

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 am

so even though almost all of the paris attackers were french and belgian nationals, (almost exclusively GOP) governors are saying that they don't want Syrian refugees in their states? judging by the nationalities of the attackers, you'd be better off closing the border to europeans.

anyhoo, nice to see the GOP on the wrong side of history yet again. it's almost as if they wear it as a badge of honor.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 am

There have been over 750,000 refugees that have resettled in the US since 9/11, and not a single one has been arrested for terrorism, but the GOP have reasons, so...

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:14 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:so even though almost all of the paris attackers were french and belgian nationals, (almost exclusively GOP) governors are saying that they don't want Syrian refugees in their states? judging by the nationalities of the attackers, you'd be better off closing the border to europeans.

anyhoo, nice to see the GOP on the wrong side of history yet again. it's almost as if they wear it as a badge of honor.

The best part of the GOP gov's saying no refugees is...I don't think they have any ability to actually stop refugees from entering their state. It's just theater.

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:15 am

I see that you all keep saying the gop this and that about refugees. This isn't a political debate in the U.S. None of the democratic leaders would try to lead on this because the country as a whole has probably swung anti Syrian refugee.

This is just reality about terrorism or xenophobia you are just a silly goose if you think there is a hero party in the democrats. People don't want these refugees.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:16 am

Ryne Ween wrote:I see that you all keep saying the gop this and that about refugees. This isn't a political debate in the U.S. None of the democratic leaders would try to lead on this because the country as a whole has probably swung anti Syrian refugee.

This is just reality about terrorism or xenophobia you are just a silly goose if you think there is a hero party in the democrats. People don't want these refugees.

Oh. Thanks for all the facts.

CubInOK
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubInOK » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:44 am

Oh it's very much about xenophobia.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:46 am

Ryne Ween wrote:I see that you all keep saying the gop this and that about refugees. This isn't a political debate in the U.S. None of the democratic leaders would try to lead on this because the country as a whole has probably swung anti Syrian refugee.

https://youtu.be/lA38YZL0Lk0

[expletive] them for being cowards. People in America didn't want to take in Jewish refugees before, during or even after WW2, too. As a people we're usually wrong about this type of thing and driven almost totally by selfish "WELL, I GOT MINE" nonsense.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:46 am

CubInOK wrote:Oh it's very much about xenophobia.

Obviously. He's just doing the usual "BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY BAD" that is the refuge for the intellectually lazy and dishonest.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:52 am

uh, except several democratic governors have said that syrian refugees ARE still welcome in their states (zero republican governors have done so), and only one democratic governor has said that refugees are not welcome in her state. and the president of the united states, who's a democrat, reiterated his support for taking in refugees.

but if you ignore facts and reality, then your point is bang on.

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:58 am

Sammy's Boombox
Formerly eb14play2

Postby Sammy's Boombox » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Since I'm a conservative who thinks we should accept Syrian refugees I now have about 3 friends and no family outside of my wife.
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Sammy's Boombox wrote:Since I'm a conservative who thinks we should accept Syrian refugees I now have about 3 friends and no family outside of my wife.

[expletive] RINO.
ImageImage

scarey
All-Star

Postby scarey » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:13 pm

If you care to make the [expletive] on Facebook squirm a little about what they're saying in regards to Syrian refugees, direct them here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/lynzybilling/wh ... .gsbL5ymJb

Warning: there's some hearbreaking stuff in that article. It's possible you'll tear up, so be mindful of reading in public.

Sammy's Boombox
Formerly eb14play2

Postby Sammy's Boombox » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:57 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Sammy's Boombox wrote:Since I'm a conservative who thinks we should accept Syrian refugees I now have about 3 friends and no family outside of my wife.

[expletive] RINO.

Uh, no.
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

squally1313
Starter

Postby squally1313 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Germany/Netherlands international friendly cancelled due to bomb threats, and they might have actually found something...

Return to “Social”