Week 2 Recap

CubColtPacer
Superstar

Week 2 Recap

Postby CubColtPacer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Just a couple quick thoughts about this article here:

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/index. ... Itemid=117

I thought this line was a little bit disingenuous:

as could be seen in the final two games of the Cardinals series - they still struggled to pitch scoreless innings to maintain a lead

Yes, the bullpen did give up the 1 run lead in that game. But they also only gave up 1 run in 5 innings, and it seemed wrong to imply that game as an example of where they pitched poorly.

And this one:

Bradley has still not seen the field since, though he is expected to play in Tuesday's series opener against the Reds

Bradley pinch-hit on Saturday and grounded out.

Ramirez was fine as a pick as the hitter of the week, although Lee and Kosuke had great weeks as well, and Ramirez only played 3 out of the 5 games this week while the other two played all 5.

Roast
Maximo Ali

Re: Week 2 Recap

Postby Roast » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:01 pm

CubColtPacer wrote:Just a couple quick thoughts about this article here:

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/index. ... Itemid=117

I thought this line was a little bit disingenuous:

as could be seen in the final two games of the Cardinals series - they still struggled to pitch scoreless innings to maintain a lead

Yes, the bullpen did give up the 1 run lead in that game. But they also only gave up 1 run in 5 innings, and it seemed wrong to imply that game as an example of where they pitched poorly.

And this one:

Bradley has still not seen the field since, though he is expected to play in Tuesday's series opener against the Reds

Bradley pinch-hit on Saturday and grounded out.

Ramirez was fine as a pick as the hitter of the week, although Lee and Kosuke had great weeks as well, and Ramirez only played 3 out of the 5 games this week while the other two played all 5.

To the point about Bradley - I completely missed that he pinch hit on Saturday - that's my mistake. And yeah, Kosuke was my next choice as hitter of the week, and he probably would have won if not for Ramirez' annual badassery rearing its head Saturday.
Follow me on Twitter @MidwayJME

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Bradley has still not seen the field since

I read that as "not fielded", which is technically correct. :wink:
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

Roast
Maximo Ali

Postby Roast » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 am

wvcbxl wrote:

Uh..yeah. Dude, that's totally what I meant... 8-)

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 am

Roast wrote:
wvcbxl wrote:

Uh..yeah. Dude, that's totally what I meant... 8-)

Not seeing the field definitely implies not playing in field, regardless of pinch hitting duty.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Roast
Maximo Ali

Postby Roast » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 am

Yeah, well. A poor choice of words or not I just flat out missed that he played Saturday. Anyway, is there anything that you guys would like to see added to these recaps stat wise or just commentary wise? I'm kind of feeling around in the dark as of right now until I can figure out exactly how I want to do them.

Also, does anyone know how to sort stats on baseball reference? That is, it allows you to do "past 7 days" and such. But once you hit that the other splits disappear. That is, what if I want to see how, say, only the relievers have pitched in the last 7 days? Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated (also if there's another site that makes this easier, that would be cool too)

Bunts Lick Butts
Turdologist

Postby Bunts Lick Butts » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:16 pm

we got the collegiate cub over here guys, what a coup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:1)

manbearcub
All-Star

Postby manbearcub » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Roast wrote:Also, does anyone know how to sort stats on baseball reference? That is, it allows you to do "past 7 days" and such. But once you hit that the other splits disappear. That is, what if I want to see how, say, only the relievers have pitched in the last 7 days? Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated (also if there's another site that makes this easier, that would be cool too)

they have that for yahoo fantasy
GFY PITCH TRAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Front Page Article Discussion”