The Soccer Thread

wolf stansson
Superstar

Re: The Soccer Thread

Postby wolf stansson » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:33 pm

When you think MLS has reached peak weird with "blind draws" for marquee players, they're always able to raise the bar.

Btw, Twellman is reporting the allocation order swap Colorado did with Chicago is to acquire Ale Bedoya as a DP.

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:49 am

Any info on Joe Gallardo?

He's currently testing with Club Brugge (see my avatar :wink: )
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

USSoccer
Superstar

Postby USSoccer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 am

Vincent's a really good player and superficially these are good moves the Fire made, but seeing as how it's the Fire making them there's got to be a catch here, like Vincent has a secret pegleg or they're going to use all the allocation money they just got to bring in some stiff.

I dooooo think it's kind of funny that CO traded actual things to try and bring in Ale Bedoya, who won't sell tickets, move the needle or score goals.

SSFC got much better at LB with Joevan Jones. He starts for T&T and makes $66k. I get that he was superfluous with drafting Vincent, but Seattle just made a clear upgrade at a massive weak area.
Jay Cutler - "A Cat" - Jay Cutler is a cat.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:56 am

thinking about taking kids to the womens' soccer game march 6 in nashville. are there any must avoid seating sections?
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

shnsajax
Superstar

Postby shnsajax » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:46 pm

wolf stansson wrote:When you think MLS has reached peak weird with "blind draws" for marquee players, they're always able to raise the bar.

Btw, Twellman is reporting the allocation order swap Colorado did with Chicago is to acquire Ale Bedoya as a DP.

Nantes already shot them down and they now appear to moving towards Tim Howard.

USSoccer
Superstar

Postby USSoccer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:03 pm

shnsajax wrote:
wolf stansson wrote:When you think MLS has reached peak weird with "blind draws" for marquee players, they're always able to raise the bar.

Nantes already shot them down and they now appear to moving towards Tim Howard.

Which tells you how incompetent the Rapids FO is. They have Clint Irwin and just traded for Zac Macmath. Both of those guys are probably better than Tim Howard is, right now, and cost a fraction of what it would take, not to mention how effing dumb it would be to waste a NT allocation spot on a fricking keeper.
Jay Cutler - "A Cat" - Jay Cutler is a cat.

Return to “Other Sports”