2015-16 Blackhawks season

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Re: 2015-16 Blackhawks season

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:05 pm

biittner77 wrote:Hawks recall Denault. This means that Kruger is probably going to be out "a bit" which is Q code for at least 4 or 5 games.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2015/12 ... oster-2015

Wrist surgery, at least four months

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
biittner77 wrote:Hawks recall Denault. This means that Kruger is probably going to be out "a bit" which is Q code for at least 4 or 5 games.

When he goes on LTIR, it will be ~$1.5MM in salary cap space. Combined with the ~$1.1 from the Daley/Scuderi trade (puuuuuuke), we're approaching $3MM in space available.

Here is a list of 2016 UFA D-Men with their salary: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/f ... 2016&pos=D

Hilarious that the top 2 were 2010 Hawks (Campbell & Buff), that team was LOADED. Roman Polak do anything for you? Didn't think so. Luke Schenn? No, he sucks, too, but is at least young. Anyone know anything about Medvedev from the Flyers?

Here are the 2016 UFA Forwards with their salary: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/f ... 2016&pos=F

Isn't the re-return of Versteeg obvious? LOL.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:10 pm

apete6 wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

When he goes on LTIR, it will be ~$1.5MM in salary cap space. Combined with the ~$1.1 from the Daley/Scuderi trade (puuuuuuke), we're approaching $3MM in space available.

Here is a list of 2016 UFA D-Men with their salary: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/f ... 2016&pos=D

Hilarious that the top 2 were 2010 Hawks (Campbell & Buff), that team was LOADED. Roman Polak do anything for you? Didn't think so. Luke Schenn? No, he sucks, too, but is at least young. Anyone know anything about Medvedev from the Flyers?

Here are the 2016 UFA Forwards with their salary: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/f ... 2016&pos=F

Isn't the re-return of Versteeg obvious? LOL.

If they put him on LTIR and reap the benefits of the cap relief, that means they wouldn't be able to bring him back until game 1 of the playoffs right? Just curious, it doesnt sound like he'd be ready until around that time at the earliest anyways.

Maybe he can take Kane's healing serum and come back quickly.
Dare to dream....

kujay
Superstar

Postby kujay » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Well that was a fun last five minutes. Darth Kaner booed hard but killed em.
Just an average guy with exceptional hair. No more, no less.

17 Seconds
Formerly dextermorgan

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:38 pm

that was incredible

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:26 pm

17 Seconds wrote:that was incredible

That's the argument for 3 on 3 OT right there.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:40 am

I'm digging the 3 on 3. I hate ties in any sport, and the 3 on 3 is just electrifying.

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:47 am

Panarin is an absolute beast, but I wonder how much of his success is the fact that he's on a line with Kane. No defense can accurately chase those 2 around at the same time. It will be interesting to see how he fares once the lines are inevitably changed up in the playoffs once a team starts to at least slightly figure them out.

kujay
Superstar

Postby kujay » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:21 am

apete6 wrote:Panarin is an absolute beast, but I wonder how much of his success is the fact that he's on a line with Kane. No defense can accurately chase those 2 around at the same time. It will be interesting to see how he fares once the lines are inevitably changed up in the playoffs once a team starts to at least slightly figure them out.

Buccigross was talking about that on twitter last night. The implication was that yeah, playing with Kane helps. But the dude is a finisher. I think he said a "sniper." I guess you can say he gets a little more space because Kane and Anisimov need to be accounted for. But there is no denying Panarin is a world-class offensive talent.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:24 am

kujay wrote:
apete6 wrote:Panarin is an absolute beast, but I wonder how much of his success is the fact that he's on a line with Kane. No defense can accurately chase those 2 around at the same time. It will be interesting to see how he fares once the lines are inevitably changed up in the playoffs once a team starts to at least slightly figure them out.

Buccigross was talking about that on twitter last night. The implication was that yeah, playing with Kane helps. But the dude is a finisher. I think he said a "sniper." I guess you can say he gets a little more space because Kane and Anisimov need to be accounted for. But there is no denying Panarin is a world-class offensive talent.

Yep. I mean, Kane being on the ice had nothing to do with Panarin's shot off the faceoff last night.

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Banedon wrote:
kujay wrote:

Yep. I mean, Kane being on the ice had nothing to do with Panarin's shot off the faceoff last night.

Oh, yeah, I don't mean to downgrade him and his shot would fly on any line, just the overall total production has to be getting a boost from being on a line like that. Same as Saad clearly benefitted from being on with Toews/Hossa last year. Doesn't make him a bad player by any stretch, just inflates his skill a bit.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 pm

That was a pretty great goal.
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:16 pm

What was Crawford doing there? That was weird
We are doomed.

kujay
Superstar

Postby kujay » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:36 pm

These guys are pretty good.

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:58 pm

yeah what a shock, this team is really good again

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:46 am

Butterscup wrote:yeah what a shock, this team is really good again

When you have 2 of the top 5 players on Earth and evaluate talent well, it's going to be hard to be anything less. I've only seen them a couple times this year, but I think they are more explosive than they may have ever been.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:22 pm

rawaction wrote:

When you have 2 of the top 5 players on Earth and evaluate talent well, it's going to be hard to be anything less. I've only seen them a couple times this year, but I think they are more explosive than they may have ever been.

At times, yes, but there have been stretches where Kane's line was the only one scoring. Toews and Hossa are both having sub par seasons for them. Shaw is not the answer on the top line and the bottom pair on defense ranges from barely adequate to awful. Don't get me wrong, it's been a lot of fun to see them beat up on teams lately. To repeat, they're going to need another defenseman and a real solution at 1LW.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 am

3year/18m extension for Q
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:38 pm

biittner77 wrote:
rawaction wrote:

At times, yes, but there have been stretches where Kane's line was the only one scoring. Toews and Hossa are both having sub par seasons for them. Shaw is not the answer on the top line and the bottom pair on defense ranges from barely adequate to awful. Don't get me wrong, it's been a lot of fun to see them beat up on teams lately. To repeat, they're going to need another defenseman and a real solution at 1LW.

How much do they have to work with because of the Kuger injury and Scuderi trade?
Dare to dream....

squally1313
Starter

Postby squally1313 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:35 pm

biittner77 wrote:
rawaction wrote:

The defense question will have to be addressed, unless Gustafsson far and away exceeds our expectations. Rozsival is an average third pair guy now, but we saw how much he wore down at the end of last season. Not sure what the solution is, but hopefully another Cup chasing guy pops up here in the next month or so, and works out better than Kimmo did (not that it ended up mattering).

As far as the offense goes, I don't think you're going to an external solution for 1LW that's affordable and better than what we have now. Unless you're somehow able to fleece Tampa Bay for Drouin (and I think there are too many teams interested for that to happen), there's not much available with our cap situation. However, I think that line goes as Toews and Hossa goes. If this is really a step back year for them, we're in a lot of trouble. If they're pacing themselves during the long season and go back to normal in May and June...it doesn't really matter who is next to them. Yeah, it's not going to be Saad, but with our second and third lines showing the production they're providing now, we might not need that.

We all know Q likes to hold on to 'trump cards' for the playoffs. There's been some talk lately about how the Kane line has generally been getting killed possession wise, but just been more than able to make up for it by capitalizing on their chances. I think if it gets dicey in the playoffs, Q switches Toews and Anisimov. Toews gives them a better face off guy, and a better ability to get the puck back. It's just a hunch, but I think Anisimov and Hossa will play well together, especially in the playoffs when space gets limited. Throw someone like Dano out next to them, and I think the offense will be fine.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:34 am

UMFan83 wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
rawaction wrote:

How much do they have to work with because of the Kuger injury and Scuderi trade?

I think they can scrape together about 2.5 Mildo without trading a roster player. They can increase that by burying Bickell but there would be only modest savings by burying Scuderi since most of the $900,000 saved would have to be paid to his replacement (Pokka for example) unless the trade was for a defenseman. To get anyone worth getting, they likely need to include Shaw or get the other team to pay half of that guys salary. So I think they could swing someone currently making as much as $4.5 mildo. These are all rough estimates.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:27 am

biittner77 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
rawaction wrote:

I think they can scrape together about 2.5 Mildo without trading a roster player. They can increase that by burying Bickell but there would be only modest savings by burying Scuderi since most of the $900,000 saved would have to be paid to his replacement (Pokka for example) unless the trade was for a defenseman. To get anyone worth getting, they likely need to include Shaw or get the other team to pay half of that guys salary. So I think they could swing someone currently making as much as $4.5 mildo. These are all rough estimates.

what is this?
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:16 pm

mildo= million dollars. I thought that originated here but it may have come from one of the hockey blogs.

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:02 pm

biittner77 wrote:mildo= million dollars. I thought that originated here but it may have come from one of the hockey blogs.

It should go back to wherever it came from.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 pm

I don't care what the haters say, I [expletive] love this team
Spoiler: show

Return to “Other Sports”